test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nukara Strikeforce Set

jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited June 2014 in The Academy
Can someone point me to the review for Nukara deflector/engine/shield set?
Post edited by jestersage on

Comments

• dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited June 2014
  • jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thank you, but what I need to know is how well is it actually, especially when compared to the borg set.
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jestersage wrote: »
    Thank you, but what I need to know is how well is it actually, especially when compared to the borg set.

It sucks.

Shields are laughable joke
    +2.5 additional shield power only at low shield power by engine . Now who the hell flies at 25% shield power?
    surely deflector gives you +26.2 to shield emitters and sheild system but I believe you have better choices out there.
    2/3 pcs bonuses are joke.

The nakura console is good for beamboat, and webmine hurts if you are running with over 75% aux power.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Its actually good for Science characters who either use the Recluse or any other sience ship equipped with Tholian gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jestersage wrote: »
    Can someone point me to the review for Nukara deflector/engine/shield set?

Everybody will tell you that compared with the borg set, everything sucks.

Its about how are you going to use the set. But if you only want the best of the best, the nukara set is not an option. If yo only want the best of the best (sadly you are another of those who will contribute to the power creep issue), just grind for the borg set. It is the best set of the game by far.

I never used it on more than 1 toon, because i play for fun and other sets are best fited with my ships, but the performance i find in other set is not so far than using the maco. But people will always want the best :(, so there you go.

The problem of the nukara set is that is designed to boost tetryon weapons. If someday cryptic fixes tetryon weapons, we could use the nukara set and get a great performance in our tetryon builds, until then.. the nukara set is only usable to gather some alone items.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    the nuk deflector is a nice item. The shield and engines are not amazing. But then again even the borg shield fails to fleet for many builds, though one of them can serve as a poor man's leech for feds. Can't comment on the set bonus, never put all of them on at once.
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for the comments.

The reason I am asking is that on my main(Fleet Kar'fi) , I already have the Borg set, and on the others I need to do sets, and seeing how good the Borg is for tanking, I was wondering if I should branch out.

EDIT: Specifically, I am also getting a set for Scimitar on my Rom-Fed.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Its actually good for Science characters who either use the Recluse or any other sience ship equipped with Tholian gear.

And why exactly would I gimp my Recluse?^^ Since Webmines were fixed the only viable thing out of it is the console, everything else is pretty much rubbish.

As for the Karfi, go 2pc Assimilated+Fleetshield, its the maximum of tankiness.
  • lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The Borg set is great but so is the MACO/Adapted Honor Guard. In fact there are a lot of sets and set combos out there along with Fleet options that work great, depending on your build and play style. One of the advantages with the MACO/AHG set is that it makes the Plasmonic Leech superfluous, thus freeing up a console slot for something else. :D (of course you can get that same advantage by simply running the MACO/AHG shield)
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
    edited June 2014
    lomax6996 wrote: »
    The Borg set is great but so is the MACO/Adapted Honor Guard. In fact there are a lot of sets and set combos out there along with Fleet options that work great, depending on your build and play style. One of the advantages with the MACO/AHG set is that it makes the Plasmonic Leech superfluous, thus freeing up a console slot for something else. :D (of course you can get that same advantage by simply running the MACO/AHG shield)

While I am not sure if I use it for my Scimitars, it definitely matches up the lore for my Fed char, so it should be good. Thanks for the idea.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lomax6996 wrote: »
    One of the advantages with the MACO/AHG set is that it makes the Plasmonic Leech superfluous, thus freeing up a console slot for something else. :D (of course you can get that same advantage by simply running the MACO/AHG shield)

Actually the Plasmonic leech gives you far more power (with skilled flowcaps, a very cheap skill) and over a longer period (continuos) while Maco-Shield only works when being shot, so a high-dps player or aggro-tank can take every powersurplus from you, hence Plasmonic (and another shield, like fleet) is superior and the consoleslot is very well placed.