test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What if: STO tv show.

rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Ten Forward
Pretty simple. What story from STO do you think would make a good tv show?

For me I can only think up one. Birth of the Republic, a show about the rise of the Romulan Republic viewed from the point of D'tan or most likely a new character that is not ingame.

What about everyone else?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Probably the more recent stories. Everything from Temporal Ambassador onward.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A lot of what happens in STO, the Path to 2409, etc., would have to be revised and reinterpreted. But it could work.

*cue the whining trolls*
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I could see the Fek'ihri return being a good one for a purely 'Klingon' story.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'd watch a Klingon-themed show based around the Cryptic KDF series. With the Fek episodes as season 2. That'd be tons of fun. :cool:
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Pretty simple. What story from STO do you think would make a good tv show?

absurd to even consider it.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited June 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    *cue the whining trolls*

Sounds like they could use some lubrication. Here's a can of oil. That should at least get rid of the whining part. Can't do much about trolls. They keep regenerating, no matter how hard you try to hack them to pieces. Maybe a flamethrower would work better than a bat'leth.
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If they did, they'd probably follow Shon, since he's the current Captain of the new Enterprise. The pilot would be backstory about the war, like they did at the start of DS9, and Shon being at the conference when the 2800 reappear, which a specific mention on how they are the Jem'Hadar fleet that was trapped in the wormhole. And then go from there.

The audience starts out in a familiar place, DS9, with a familiar enemy reappearing, and with a familiar ship, the Defiant-class. Then we move on to the bright and shiny Odyssey-class showing up to save the joint task force.

The ONLY problem would be trying to replace OUR characters in the situations where they are clearly going to be a main plot point, such as Shon showing up to protect our ship at Facility 4872.

Other instances of our character could be glossed over, like they could say a "commando team" were the ones that infiltrated DS9 during "Boldly They Rode"
  • jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If they go live action? Shon all the way

If they decide to make it an anime, they will do all three. And the American fans will love Federation while Japanese Fans love KDF. Then the show will only known for the KDF due to the overt Red cosplay.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A TV series set around the adventures of K'men or Q Jr.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A CGI cartoon show about Obisek.

The pilot can be about his escape from the Tal Shiar and subsequent formation of his resistance group. I'd put in a cameo of Voyager or some other well-known ship in Starfleet to get the point across that Obisek does not require the Federation's help -- in a similar manner Sisko let the audience know he was not like Picard at all.

For the sake of relatable characters, I'd introduce a few Romulan sympathizers that would gradually change from Reman sympathizers to overt rebels against Sela, and then finally to helping found the Romulan Republic.

The first season would see the initial founding of his resistance group -- each episode focusing on one particular aspect of how to create a resistance cell. The second episode could be about Obisek capturing the Zdenia and making it his flagship, for instance.

They would start out desperate -- running from the 'law' of the Romulan Star Empire (and it allows Denise Crosby to reprise the role of Sela).

Through fate or luck, they'll end up finding more assistance. They'll look for food, water, fuel -- and scrape by. In a way, it would be like how the show Voyager 'should' have been, with it being more like the 'Year of Hell' episodes.

Near the end of the first season they recognize that they've managed to survive and scrape enough together to make their own movement -- and the cliffhanger ends with Obisek staring down the business end of Sela's Scimitar.

The second season opens with Obisek's reman resistance taking massive casualties, but due to the convenience of a plot device, he is able to escape while letting the RSE know that he will not be destroyed so easily.

The second season could flesh out the characters a bit more, since the first season would have defined them on how they are when desperate.

Sela tries to divide her attention from being Empress to finding and hunting down Obisek and making an example of the Remans. We see more of the Romulan Star Empire and their inner workings in ways that were only alluded to on the shows/movies.

While trying to evade the RSE's warbirds, Obisek discovers more secrets of the Tal Shiar and springs more Reman slaves to help him out. They establish their headquarters on that iceball planet in this season, while trying out new technologies they've recently liberated. The cliffhanger season finale would be Obisek discovering that the Hobus Supernova was not a natural phenomenon.

The third season focuses on Obisek discovering who was behind the Hobus Supernova, while Sela's forces mobilize against him to crush him as his resistance movement has begun to put a serious crimp in her plans.

The beginnings of open insurrection and civil war would be seen early in the third season, with Sela managing to hold onto her power and divert enough of it to convince her people that the Remans are a threat to their way of life.

The fourth season becomes an all-out war, with Obisek's resistance openly warring with Sela's armada. He discovers his people do not have the hardware or the manpower to face Sela's full wrath.

Sela, now with proper military backing, can afford to look for Obisek -- but discovers there may be conspirators in the shadows who are trying to sabotage her efforts. Her paranoia only fuels her hatred for the Remans more, and Obisek is forced on the defensive. Episodes focus on topics such as surrender, retreat, and outright defeat. I would make the fourth season a bit more darker in terms of mood, since it is one focusing on loss.

The fifth season opens with Obisek getting a big break in his fight against the RSE by more Romulans who want to work with him as equals -- these 'pre-Republic' Romulans introduce an even stronger Romulan narrative to support the few romulan crew Obisek has. Sela discovers a civil war may be emerging, partially outside of her control, and decides to double down on her quest to destroy Obisek.

Topics such as equality are addressed, as the Romulans and Remans -- despite fighting together, still have a sore history that has not yet been fully settled. Obisek discovers one of his Romulan supporters are leaving to start a new life with the Romulans in an attempt to discover a new world. He struggles with people not seeing his vision, and blames the Romulans -- but discovers that he can't force people to see his vision, he can only open their eyes.

Obisek fans the flames of dissent in the RSE, and starts a major propaganda offensive against the RSE. His covert operatives start releasing the truth of Sela's reign on various colony worlds while Sela is hot on his heels.

The season finale ends with Obisek's resistance blowing up Sela's residence in the hopes of killing her in her sleep.

Season six opens with Obisek trying to divide and conquer even more, thinking Sela is dead. But after a few episodes, the atmosphere becomes uneasy and Obisek is consistently bothered about something but refuses to say. It is only after Sela emerges out of warp and decimates a large swath of Obisek's force -- including crippling the Zdenia that he discovers that he has turn-coats in his own organization from the Tal Shiar, and that Sela's 'death' was little more than a ruse to make him overconfident.

Because of that gut feeling over the past few episodes, Obisek is able to retreat without a total loss, but a great number of his forces were killed due to Sela's counter-attack.

His followers urge him to rebuild, but Obisek can't do so while Romulan sympathizers are among him. He makes a judgmental call and encourages the Romulan crew members to leave and join with the other Romulans. Throughout the season, they are looking for an experimental weapons lab the Tal Shiar have called 'The Vault', but Obisek needs more proof, which is regularly given to him as the episodes pass.

This includes an episode that takes him to Nimbus III to talk with the Orions about thalaron detonators.

That season ends with Obisek more desperate for large-scale munitions to use against the RSE, since the Romulans have went their own way -- and he plots a course to the Haakona system, where the Vault is seen on his viewscreen.

Season Seven starts with the Zdenia approaching the Vault's security grid -- unknowingly walking into a trap set by Sela, which included Obisek wanting to expel the Romulans from his crew.

However, one of the Romulan crew members stayed behind hidden -- and manages to stop one of Obisek's reman fighters from killing his own leader, but at the cost of the Romulan's life. He says that Obisek is walking into a trap -- and that he was working for Sela all along, but realizes that the RSE has lost their way.

Using the codes given to him by the Romulan triple-agent, Obisek slips undetected into the Vault while Sela frantically wonders why her trap was not sprung. A broadcast by the Zdenia alerts his other forces to create a diversion, which causes Sela's forces to jump away in pursuit.

Each episode focuses mainly on the Vault itself (it seems way too big for one or two episodes), and looks closer at the Romulans living there out of desperation. He sees that the Remans and Romulans are not so different from one another, and is torn between helping the refugees on the Vault and gaining access to the Thalaron generators said to be there in the last season or two.

Each episode shows a different facet of the Vault, and Obisek's command decisions are constantly torn between helping the Romulans on the station with the limited supplies he has -- since he was in their position once, or continuing the 'mission' against Sela. He makes questionable calls to ignore the Romulans who ask for his help, but calls in a favor to his Romulan friends to help him access the Vault's secrets. While they return briefly, it's clear they have grown in such ways as to make them incompatible with one another. The Romulans have a dream of finding a new homeworld -- Obisek is becoming obsessed with ending Sela's reign after seeing her kill so many of his allies.

The season (and series) ends with Obisek coming the realization that he must be willing to use thalaron weapons against Sela's forces before any hope of a unified 'Republic' with the Romulans can exist, and finally says goodbye to the Romulan friends who helped him break into the Vault, who end up leaving his side for good. They perform one last favor in escaping the Vault and causing Sela's forces into pursuing them (since after his own diversion now they are blockading the Vault and waiting for him to emerge from it), thinking their ship is Obisek's. He is told their ship was destroyed by one of his officers, but it remains ambiguous whether or not it was real or a deception they performed to buy him more time to access the Thalaron detonators.

And to him, it does not matter in either case.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Toven as the main character?

Also, Kurland here!!
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,767 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    they would have to choose one lucky STO gamer and model a $10 million dollar show after their crew (would have to be a random choice and the gamer would have to get final say, plus the ability to alter canon as needed)
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A new TV series based on STO coud begin where STO season 9 ends with the war with the undine escaating the iconians now a clear and present threat and focus on captain shon and the enterprise - F and their voyages during this tulmoltuous time period.

( bad speeling today)
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hawku001x wrote: »
    they would have to choose one lucky STO gamer and model a $10 million dollar show after their crew (would have to be a random choice and the gamer would have to get final say, plus the ability to alter canon as needed)

Yeah, because we know how canon STO players are.

"Yeah no, see, my crew is entirely Orion women, in thong bikinis, and my ship is a Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier with Antiproton weapons and Borg equipment" while their Captain looks like they picked Alien and hit the random button a couple of times, he's also the great great grandson of (insert famous Trek character) somehow.

I see nothing wrong with that. :rolleyes:
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, because we know how canon STO players are.

"Yeah no, see, my crew is entirely Orion women, in thong bikinis, and my ship is a Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier with Antiproton weapons and Borg equipment" while their Captain looks like they picked Alien and hit the random button a couple of times, he's also the great great grandson of (insert famous Trek character) somehow.

I see nothing wrong with that. :rolleyes:

Players make me sick.

Every time I see a so-called descendant of *Insert famous Star Trek individual here* I damn near cringe. We all know Kirk got a lot of bang for his bucking but he is no Father Abraham! :mad:
  • bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Rise of the Republic? TRIBBLE that. We saw a great empire in Cardassia being destroyed in DS9, and now that Hobus supernova nuisance. Whats next, Klingon Republic?
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • megatronis1megatronis1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks but no thanks I have no desire to see the annoying adventures of Tovan 'wesley' Khev, and his rebel alliance of epohh huggers and their continued use of weapons of mass destruction (thalaron) while claiming to be morally just and pure. Nor do I wish to see 'dinosaurs with freakin lasers on their heads' nor the convoluted fed/kdf war plot on the screen. :P
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There needs to be a LOT more coverage on the Remans. Seen them once and their never heard of again. Sure, there's entire novels filled with Romulan culture, physiology, religion, even reproductive systems...but is there anything on the Remans? No!

How did they evolve on Remus, what did they look like before the Romulans - theoretically - "got jiggy" with them? What remains of their culture before the Romulans assimilated them with their own?

So many questions unanswered.
    Thanks but no thanks I have no desire to see the annoying adventures of Tovan 'wesley' Khev, and his rebel alliance of epohh huggers and their continued use of weapons of mass destruction (thalaron) while claiming to be morally just and pure. Nor do I wish to see 'dinosaurs with freakin lasers on their heads' nor the convoluted fed/kdf war plot on the screen. :P

The Romulans have not once claimed to be morally pure. For heaven's sake, they play both sides of the war! Only thing more brutal and barbaric than a KDF officer is a Romulan Republic KDF liason.
  • astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is a dead thread brought back to life. mods please put it out of it's misery.

*plays song for effect*
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Rise of the Republic? TRIBBLE that. We saw a great empire in Cardassia being destroyed in DS9, and now that Hobus supernova nuisance. Whats next, Klingon Republic?

Praxis was destroyed, Klingons are negotiating that would become members of the Federation