test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Swimwear suggestion

admiraldeathladmiraldeathl Member Posts: 72 Arc User
Now one thing I was hoping for was the option to have different patterns for the male and female suits.

The song Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini comes to mind, but I mean where's all the patterns, and different color combos at for next year or even before the end of this summer event new color/pattern options would be great.

Strips, Polka Dot, etc

What does everyone else think?

So here's a list so far from what people have suggested and thought of to improve upon the swimwear more will be added to the list as more suggestions are submitted.

1. Different Pattern options
2. Different Fabric/Material options
3. Have all color types available/including black
Post edited by admiraldeathl on

Comments

• Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,643 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I actually HAVE a yellow polka dot bikini.. I want my captain to have one toooooooooooo
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Ha, both of my female friends that are also leaders alongside me in our Fleet said the same exact thing they want options/patterns that match what they have in real life lol.

I mean options are always nice, and it would add a whole lot to the current swimwear sets.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I was literally just about to make a thread about this exact subject. You sneaky little...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I was literally just about to make a thread about this exact subject. You sneaky little...

:P hehe sorry, but glad the other leaders and myself aren't the only ones that think this is a good idea, hopefully Cryptic can see this and comment.
  • Options
    vendahravendahra Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I wanted to be able to wear my swimsuit top with my shorts from last year. I am surpised that the shorts aren't available in both the off duty and swimwear categories for just that reason.
  • Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Whilst we are throwing out swimwear suggestions, I'd like to be able to actually color my swimwear black.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Whilst we are throwing out swimwear suggestions, I'd like to be able to actually color my swimwear black.

This x1000 I was disappointed that I couldn't do a black trunks on my main toon, but yeah I'm glad more people are replying :D

Hopefully we can make them even better for next year.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, guess what's coming next year then... :P
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Plus 1. If you look between a female characters legs (no, not in that way) you can clearly see the black panties underneath, which wouldn't be so bad if you could colour the swimwear black.

You know, like the preview model is. (for single colour items) Which incidentally has a far better texture map than just plain solid colour...
  • Options
    sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Different patterns would be great. It would also be great if we could change the material of the suits. These are very rubbery. That's not necessarily bad, but cloth would look a lot better and more realistic.
    y1arXbh.png

• Options
    edited June 2014
    sle1989 wrote: »
    Different patterns would be great. It would also be great if we could change the material of the suits. These are very rubbery. That's not necessarily bad, but cloth would look a lot better and more realistic.

I second this. The rubbery design looks especially weird with certain colors.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    So lets make a list for swimwear

1. Different Pattern options
    2. Different Fabric/Material options
    3. Have all color types available

Any other thoughts people will update the OP in second
  • Options
    sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sarongs would be great too, but that would have to wait till next year.
    y1arXbh.png

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Sarongs would be nice too could see those as a pretty easy add
  • Options
    nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i'm just happy they came out with swimwear for the beach.

but would be great if it was combinable with normal outfit stuff so players could create different stuff, like with the previous armour textures.

:cool:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    nazelnag wrote: »
    i'm just happy they came out with swimwear for the beach.

but would be great if it was combinable with normal outfit stuff so players could create different stuff, like with the previous armour textures.

:cool:

I agree with this as well. It would be nice to mix and match the swimwear that's more than one piece, or even mix it up with other off-duty clothing and such.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It is a start, at least they gave us the swim suits after we all asked for them last year. So this will open the door for new ones next year.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Plus 1. If you look between a female characters legs (no, not in that way) you can clearly see the black panties underneath, which wouldn't be so bad if you could colour the swimwear black.

Ah, so that's what that is...
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I mean I'm not complaining about having them at all, I'm just looking at improving them so they're even better for next year or maybe even sooner if they feel like having a mid summer update to the summer event. Anythings possible after all.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    :P hehe sorry, but glad the other leaders and myself aren't the only ones that think this is a good idea, hopefully Cryptic can see this and comment.

Yes, I am rather disappointed, cause I sure ain't afraid to come out of the locker room. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    So I know we have shorts already, but how about cargo style swimtrunks too for male characters, or female if they so choose to wear them.

Oh while I have peoples attention does anyone know if there's a level cap to get into Risa and what it is? Friend of mine is having a problem on an alt trying to beam in.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    Ah, so that's what that is...
    I used to think that, but I think it's actually a shadow. It's not the right shape to be the thong. Yeah, why is there a permanent shadow? no idea. But it is what it is. I think there's also one under your chin.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,886 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So I know we have shorts already, but how about cargo style swimtrunks too for male characters, or female if they so choose to wear them.

Oh while I have peoples attention does anyone know if there's a level cap to get into Risa and what it is? Friend of mine is having a problem on an alt trying to beam in.

have to be level 10
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    s2racings2racing Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would very much like these swimsuits:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/dsaf/screenshot_2014-06-08-01-51-01.jpg~original

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/dsaf/screenshot_2014-06-08-01-51-39.jpg~original

Oh, and please fix player Trill spots like so and give us the option to apply alien/Borg patterns to the rest of the body.
    Free jkname!
    Can we get some more (canon) KDF outfits, an assortment of respectable skirts/dresses, a long jacket (and more clothes in general) that does plain white well, melee weapon and Mk 15 drops, a T6 Nova, and account-wide lockbox/lobi/promo ships & consoles? Oh, and...
    Still waitin' on Klingon hairstyles actually worn on TV by a Klingon while we're at it.
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited June 2014

"You can have it in any color you like, as long it's black." --Henry Ford
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    re: colors

Yeah, it's nice that they made so many female options.... but I think I would have been content to have one or two less if it meant that each of the remaining ones had multiple color locations on each one (like.... the "monokini" model - it has all those details like trim & buttons/gems & straps modeled on, but they're not colorable. Ditto for the trim & straps on most of them. Or the one-piece not having any kind of stripes or patterns. Stuff like that.)
    I mean I'm not complaining about having them at all, I'm just looking at improving them so they're even better for next year

Exactly. :)
  • Options
    crazytank1crazytank1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There definitely needs to be more options for patterns and colors. Although, I'm glad Cryptic has done as much as they did for this year's event as the resort actually looks like a beach resort without people fully dressed up.
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    They had enough work for this month just creating the swimsuits.. dont ask em for more :P, but i agree, patterns are really missing.