test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

in-game framerates are terrible

sampa4sampa4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Ok, I am a bit frustrated right now. I am barely pulling any decent frames ANYWHERE in STO. I am wondering if anyone else is suffering this. At this time, rubber-banding is running rampant for me. I am trying to grind for dil to exchange for zen, but this frame issue is getting annoying... Help!
Post edited by sampa4 on

Comments

• Options
    mouertemouerte Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yes there is more then a few threads regarding this in
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148

so your not alone :-/
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Dude, read the graphics forums. Two major threads without dev acknowledgement. We did have a note from smirk they know about the problem and he was gonna check with them, but that was a few weeks back and nothing since as far as I am aware.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    true to both of you, but here's the strange issue about this issue. I was on two days ago and it was fine. I then come on yesterday and this morning and boom, my frames go right down the toilet.
  • Options
    eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Turn those graphics sliders down. And turn things like shadows, reflections, post processing, etc OFF.

Your frames will go up significantly but the game will look like excrement.

Also, there is some kind of bug happening with graphics settings. Re-check them every so often. For me, the game keeps turning Shadows on when I set them OFF to increase my frames. And the Lighting Quality keep getting set to Low when I had it on High.

Devs need to address, please.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Ok, I'll keep that in mind.
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    sampa4 wrote: »
    true to both of you, but here's the strange issue about this issue. I was on two days ago and it was fine. I then come on yesterday and this morning and boom, my frames go right down the toilet.

We are assuming that what is happening is due to the after season 9 - performance bug, but maybe in your case is something else, since you say it started just 2 days ago. You should check your videocard heat , because maybe due to this issue after season 9, your videocard is reaching a boiling point.. we need to be aware that a bad optimized engine, is not pulling the videocards as it should, and specially after season 9, and some videocards will overheat with no real reasons. And in the summer, everybody knows what happens...

Lowering details and turning of lights and everything else can help, but if the issue is the lack of performance due to the after season 9 fiasco, eventually it will not matter what details you lower / deactivate, you will have fps issues anyway. But of course, i suposse you will be able to play in a better shape. But honestly , who the hell wants to play 5 years old game with a crappy settings in the year 2014? lol. Its even stupid.

I wish the devs will recognize this as a game engine issue. But im afraid they think its not even a bug.. lol.