test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Risans? more like greedy Ferengi

merescintillamerescintilla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
right now I'm making about 100 favors an hour on Risa... except the decent items are selling for 1000 favors. doing the math, that means it takes 10 hours of grinding Risa to get a purple doff or a floater :eek: :mad: :mad:

I don't remember the winter event vendors being anywhere near as crazy with the prices... and two of the best ways of earning ornaments for the winter event was winter invasion and doffing and risa doesn't have those as options which makes it only worse. anyone who wants more than 1 for alts - forget about it. what's with the inflated prices?
Post edited by merescintilla on

Comments

• kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'll agree with you. However, you should consider that the 50 favor floater is all you need as far as floaters are concerned (unless you want one of the new colored ones). With the power-boards, I recommend getting a 50 favor one, and then saving up to get a 1000 or 1500 favor board (the only difference between the 1000 and 1500 is a logo). Other than that, odds are you'll only get one swimsuit (and if you get more than one, you'll only wear one). So save up for the one that you want, and you'll be fine.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    right now I'm making about 100 favors an hour on Risa... except the decent items are selling for 1000 favors. doing the math, that means it takes 10 hours of grinding Risa to get a purple doff or a floater :eek: :mad: :mad:

I don't remember the winter event vendors being anywhere near as crazy with the prices... and two of the best ways of earning ornaments for the winter event was winter invasion and doffing and risa doesn't have those as options which makes it only worse. anyone who wants more than 1 for alts - forget about it. what's with the inflated prices?

100 an hour? I can get 150-200 off of just the 14 min hunt, by running it on 3-4 toons in the15 minutes
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, think of it this way.... resorts don't run on happiness. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm not really sure how "greed' figures into this. Are they putting you to work in the dance mines, or something?
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    that means it takes 10 hours of grinding Risa to get a purple doff or a floater :eek: :mad: :mad:
    What? You can get DOFFs and floaters for 200 and 50 favors respectfully.

Of course the highest-end items will be expensive.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Consider that while you're getting 100 an hour, other people are getting 2x or more than you in the same amount of time. Someone already mentioned the hunt, although I'd love if the devs fixed the hunt ending a minute too early every single time.

BTW, the 1000 favor floater is completely worth it. No leftover inertia and very very fast.
    edited June 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Consider that while you're getting 100 an hour, other people are getting 2x or more than you in the same amount of time. Someone already mentioned the hunt, although I'd love if the devs fixed the hunt ending a minute too early every single time.

BTW, the 1000 favor floater is completely worth it. No leftover inertia and very very fast.

yeah, sometimes that 1 loss of a minute is what makes it 3 instead of 4 for me
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    All I am hearing is .... QQ q QQ q QQ q... why can I not have all there is to offer in a Month and a half long event on day 2.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • nassirisnassiris Member Posts: 111
    edited June 2014
    Personally I'm not willing to stay on risa and send hours and hours grinding away... I just feel it's not worthy of my time. Don't get me wrong I not trying to bad mouth the ones that are doing
    this endless grind. I just feel these events could be put together a lot better then they are, it's just seems the Dev's took the easy was out on putting these things together. Heck the SOE Dev's could do a lot better.
  • lebtronlebtron Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It was indeed like a ferengis paradiese on the first day. Easy to farm, high to sell favors. And still some vacation from playing the exchange^^
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Before ... qqing, I'd ask myself : Are those purple doffs worth a doff slot ?
    P58WJe7.jpg

• watsterwatster Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    All I am hearing is .... QQ q QQ q QQ q... why can I not have all there is to offer in a Month and a half long event on day 2.

this.

and if you don't really want to spent time on Risa, why save up for the VR items? get a rental and sell your favors.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    your all doing it wrong.... you grind 100 for a basic board and floater. you grind the rest to sell tell the last week then buy the cheap favors everyone is trying to selll so they don't fill up heir bank all year. that way you can get everything you want from risa and maybe get a new lockbox/lobi ship...

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I certainly make more than 100 an hour but fair enough, but its also on for 35 days, what did you want to be able to buy a doff an hour when its on that long ?
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You totally forget something in your wonderful reasoning.

Most of the items we buy with the loltoken are only to be used on Risa, mostly during the event. Grinding 2months for items you won't use afterward, or until the next year, is not that great.

I agree most of them are too expensive for what they are. Bikinis mostly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Ow, and you gather 100 favors in 1 hour.. imagine the people who cant spend so much time in Risa lol. They will need the entire month and half to gather just 1 swimsuit.. lol.

As i said millions of times in other threads, the winter event was far more friendly than this one. By far. The prices of the Risa event are really abusive, not to mention, you cannot wear swimsuits outside Risa, or use floaters, or watever. That makes the prices EVEN MORE abusive lol.

I loved the winter event, but the summer event is ridiculous. Seriously xD. But i guess kids and other players who like the summer event will never see it in a objective way. And since so many people are ok with the summer event (for unknown reasons..) , we cant expect any tiny changes to it.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lol :D I'm willing to pay the Risians 5 times from what they charge now, just because they were sane enough to not make me go nuts listening to terribad loop of VO work like the one from the winter event promenade. That alone made me skip 99% of the last winter event.

But seriously, Ferengi? Expensive? What is expensive, superficial novelty? If you want it, work for it - if you don't, it's not game influencing.
    I for one feel relaxed by the change of pace from pew-pew towards working for a orange snowboard by doing relaxing mindless things for a month or so. And yeah, I don't have to have the 'best' everything on every char, I just go with what looks good to me. For example, I'd love to get yellow and green floaters, but they are only availible in 'superior' versions that look ugly to me, so I just stick with the regular ones.

Enjoy. It's a leisure event that people tend to turn into a grind because they overstrain themselves. You really don't have to have everything on every char.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited June 2014

have you ever known a summer holiday resort that doesn't rip you off?

but seriously, I have managed fine with the bog standard board and floater, sure I wont win the race but I will get round the course and that's all you need to do, then again with all the competition its unlikely you will win the race often anyway and you don't get any more for coming 2nd then you do for coming last so who cares, its still fun.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    have you ever known a summer holiday resort that doesn't rip you off?

They don't call them "Tourist traps" for a reason.:D
    edited June 2014
    shpoks wrote: »

Enjoy. It's a leisure event that people tend to turn into a grind because they overstrain themselves. You really don't have to have everything on every char.

What do you mean with "enjoy"? lol. The whole point of the event is a) gather the ships b) gather the swimsuits c) gather the pets d) gather the hoverboards or floaters

When people go to risa, those are the things hes going to grind for. I dont think people will go to Risa to just stay sit staring at the sun... :confused:

Leisure event?? lol, you guys really make me laugh so hard xDDD. And this is why really bad implemented events will never change. Because we always will have people that likes everything cryptic does, even if it s TRIBBLE xD.

Yes, the map is beautiful, but the event is terrible. If i want to "relax" i just go outside to the fields in the real world. Like any normal people will do. I go to fishing, to do some alpinism, and so on. If i play STO and i go to Risa, its because i want to grind the stuff of the event. There is no other motiv, even if some of you pretend it is.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What do you mean with "enjoy"? lol. The whole point of the event is a) gather the ships b) gather the swimsuits c) gather the pets d) gather the hoverboards or floaters

Enjoy = have fun with it. That is the purpose of a game. I'm only getting the ship on 1 char this year because it fits his pirate theme and I didn't grind for the winter one at all cause I don't really need it and I hated this year's winter event.

The point of a game and any event in that game, for me at least, is to have fun. Not to hoard tons of stuff I probably won't ever need.
    When people go to risa, those are the things hes going to grind for. I dont think people will go to Risa to just stay sit staring at the sun... :confused:

People go to Risa for multiple reasons. Hell, yesterday there were like 4 hours (probably more, but I left) of Gorn jokes, so it's safe to say that some come only to share Gorn joke with a big audience. Some come to RP. Some come to hang out and surf with friends and fleeties. And yes, some even come to enjoy the scenery. Then again, some come to grind the stuff offered.
    The point is - as many people - that many reasons for being there.
    Leisure event?? lol, you guys really make me laugh so hard xDDD. And this is why really bad implemented events will never change. Because we always will have people that likes everything cryptic does, even if it s TRIBBLE xD.

It is a leisure event. You don't have to pew-pew. You don't have to activate your brain. You don't even need to do the stuff if you don't feel like it, it won't hinder or affect the main gameplay of STO for you in any way.

And pretty much everyone here knows that I haven't really agreed with Cryptic's decisions for the game lately, even moreso after Dan Stahl left.
    For someone that has trashed S8 & S9 and said multiple times that the last substantial thing that came out of Cryptic was LoR, I really don't think I qualify as someone who "likes everything that Cryptic does". Quite the opposite lately, actually.
    Yes, the map is beautiful, but the event is terrible. If i want to "relax" i just go outside to the fields in the real world. Like any normal people will do. I go to fishing, to do some alpinism, and so on. If i play STO and i go to Risa, its because i want to grind the stuff of the event. There is no other motiv, even if some of you pretend it is.

It's all in the mindset. Like I said, there are multitude of motives for people to go to Risa. Maybe you don't have another reason, and that's cool, but then you're basically enforcing the grind on yourself for something you don't really need in the gameplay of STO.
    If you have more fun going outdoors, which I don't doubt you enjoy more as any normal person, than why getting agrivated about the STO Summer Event? If you don't feel like you have fun with it, just forget about it and do stuff that is more fun. It's not like you're really gonna' miss a virtual surfboard that is nothing more than a vanity item even in the game itself.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ow, and you gather 100 favors in 1 hour.. imagine the people who cant spend so much time in Risa lol. They will need the entire month and half to gather just 1 swimsuit.. lol.

In 15 minutes during the Horgahunt, I can get 200 Favors (just enough time to run the event on 4 characters). Some of them are even level 10 characters (not that level matters). And all it took was 1 Superior Floater and 3 basic ones. With just basic ones, I could do it 3 times in 15 minutes.

Repeat as often as I'd like to do to get everything.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • no09dysonsphereno09dysonsphere Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    somebob wrote: »
    In 15 minutes during the Horgahunt, I can get 200 Favors (just enough time to run the event on 4 characters). Some of them are even level 10 characters (not that level matters). And all it took was 1 Superior Floater and 3 basic ones. With just basic ones, I could do it 3 times in 15 minutes.

And all it took was 1150 favors to get started and grind for more favors :D
    edited June 2014
    somebob wrote: »

Repeat as often as I'd like to do to get everything.

Sure, and if i have 50 alts, i can gather 10000 favors (or something like that, didnt do the maths lol). :D

The point is, i will need to grind almost half of the event to just buy a 500 favour swimsuit (or i dunno the price of the decent ones , the ones that are cheaper than the 1000 favour ones) for 4 of my characters. And i am not sure if that swimsuit is going to like me, since the preview option is really TRIBBLE. So, in the end, just for 1 dumb swimsuit i spend almost all my time in the event. And there is a probability that after all, the swim suit will not be at all what i wanted.

Everything will be ok if the prices were far lower (really far lower). Thats the whole problem of the event. And of course if we could get BETTER and more real previews of the swimsuits. People will like to buy a few swimsuits, not just 1. Grinding for just 1 suit in my opinion is stupid. And because you wil not be able to wear if outside Risa anyways.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Not really, I went cheap on there. I got the 500 swim suit, the 50 floater, and 50 powerboard. So now I'm all set for summer fun at Risa. Now I will keep getting favors. So I might try for one of the 750 swim suits. Or I might see if my new Sci Captain I just started can go. And do the same for them.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    farmallm wrote: »
    Not really, I went cheap on there. I got the 500 swim suit, the 50 floater, and 50 powerboard. So now I'm all set for summer fun at Risa. Now I will keep getting favors. So I might try for one of the 750 swim suits. Or I might see if my new Sci Captain I just started can go. And do the same for them.

And this, ladies and gents, is the correct attitude to have.

This player is all about having fun. Not being a slave to the grind.
    edited June 2014
    Sure, and if i have 50 alts, i can gather 10000 favors (or something like that, didnt do the maths lol). :D

The point is, i will need to grind almost half of the event to just buy a 500 favour swimsuit (or i dunno the price of the decent ones , the ones that are cheaper than the 1000 favour ones) for 4 of my characters. And i am not sure if that swimsuit is going to like me, since the preview option is really TRIBBLE. So, in the end, just for 1 dumb swimsuit i spend almost all my time in the event. And there is a probability that after all, the swim suit will not be at all what i wanted.

Everything will be ok if the prices were far lower (really far lower). Thats the whole problem of the event. And of course if we could get BETTER and more real previews of the swimsuits. People will like to buy a few swimsuits, not just 1. Grinding for just 1 suit in my opinion is stupid. And because you wil not be able to wear if outside Risa anyways.

Absurd, I only have 4 alts involved and I've already purchased four swimsuits (at 500 each(, one superior floater (at 1000) and three superior hoverboards (at 1000 each) off of favor I earned in the event so far, for a total of 6000 favors in cost, and I didnt even have favors left over from last year. The favors are not that hard to come by.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    And this, ladies and gents, is the correct attitude to have.

This player is all about having fun. Not being a slave to the grind.

I did that so I can spend the rest of the time. Sitting on the beach. Hatching a bird egg I found. Build some castles. And explore with my floater and powerboard.

I didn't think it was a grind at all. Since I got some stuff. And now I can really RP my vacation at Risa Paradise. Where before my Romulan was farming Dil and Rep points for the Romulan Rep. Making this my 3rd character to go through it. So I'm ready for a vacation.

I done most of the events and they all been fun and enjoyable.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.