test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dear Devs, THANK YOU!!

astimingpyleastimingpyle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Thank you for fixing that nasty Ability Tray emptying, Bridge Officer & Duty Officer removing bug.
This bug lead me to the deletion of my shuttle, and refusal of trying new ships.

On my KDF character this bug was so vicious, it struck each and every time I left and returned to my second ship. It let me have one ship and only occasionally emptied out my tray and Bridge Officers. But, when I picked up a second ship, the bug would strike each and every time I left and returned to that ship...without fail.

Now I can have multiple ships and shuttles and so far, my trays stay the way I set them up!

Thank you!
:D

_______

P.S.
Thank you!!!

*Edited to add another "Thank you" with three exclamation marks as a post script.
*Edited again cuz eye kant spellz gud
Post edited by astimingpyle on

Comments

• mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    On my KDF character this bug was so viscous, it struck each and every time I left and returned to my second ship.

That's "vicious."

Though "viscous" would work, too. It was a very sticky bug. :P
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    In two to three months, I predict the bug shall resurface.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • astimingpyleastimingpyle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    That's "vicious."

Though "viscous" would work, too. It was a very sticky bug. :P

lol thanks... fixed
  • mosquito214mosquito214 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's pretty great. To be honest, my main was never hit by this bug, but I very quickly realized on my alt that my DOffs had become mutinous and refused to go on/come off active duty, and actually leveling my alt was pure annoyance as my skill tray reset literally every time I played a space section of a mission.

Also, not to hijack, but I also can't thank the devs enough for the amazing Event Ship Discount for alts. It's super-helpful!
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bug is not fixed , what so ever , it may work on one ship , but if you use another ship , still messes up the loadouts . i tested on 2 toons , results are the same between 2 to 3 skills mess up per transition, so the point of loadouts is to be able to switch ships on the fly without seting it up each time . doesnt work .

i would love to buy additional loadouts , but till they work correctly i dont see a point .
  • astimingpyleastimingpyle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    quepan wrote: »
    bug is not fixed , what so ever , it may work on one ship , but if you use another ship , still messes up the loadouts . i tested on 2 toons , results are the same between 2 to 3 skills mess up per transition, so the point of loadouts is to be able to switch ships on the fly without seting it up each time . doesnt work .

i would love to buy additional loadouts , but till they work correctly i dont see a point .

If I understand you correctly, that sounds like a different bug. You are talking about loadouts, I'm talking about changing maps and having your tray emptied and BOffs removed, whether or not you have actually saved a loadout or not on that ship. However the two are related in that when the tray/BOff bug hit, loadouts were useless.

So far, my trays and BOffs remain intact when I change maps, and in that regard the bug seems fixed for me, and I currently now have at least 3 ships set up per character. Something I've not been able to do since I started playing this game.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nope. Defo hasn't been fixed. In fact, I just had it for the first time in months!
    I need a beer.

• goldenavarielgoldenavariel Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I never got the empty-tray bug like some did. Instead I had a couple of characters that were stuck with the trays they had when Season 9 went live. Unfortunately I've gotten new gear with new abilities since then and it isn't sticking. I have to put the same 3 buttons (2 devices and the Anti-Proton beam) back in the tray every time I login. I assume if I changed ships or boffs on that character I would get the empty tray problem.

Would be nice if that really is fixed but I'm pretty sure when I logged in that character last night it was still messed up. I didn't try to fix it since I was just cycling reputation projects before moving on to the next character so maybe I just need to do it one more time.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    Yea no.

The bug for me is worse than ever.

It seems to hit me when I interact with ESD so I'm going to stay away from the shopping mall for a while.

Same for me it put stuff on my ship that ive not used since S8
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • xsupersnailxxsupersnailx Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It removed my ability tray every time I logged on, so you were somewhat lucky
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If I understand you correctly, that sounds like a different bug. You are talking about loadouts, I'm talking about changing maps and having your tray emptied and BOffs removed, whether or not you have actually saved a loadout or not on that ship. However the two are related in that when the tray/BOff bug hit, loadouts were useless.

So far, my trays and BOffs remain intact when I change maps, and in that regard the bug seems fixed for me, and I currently now have at least 3 ships set up per character. Something I've not been able to do since I started playing this game.

same bug , its the same system that effecting the the trays . try changing a boff power , add a universal, add a rep ability and i guarantee that your tray will not keep the way its supposed to while it may be fine on your main ship , other ships it wont be . for some there main ship is effected whether you have loadouts configured or not . this is not fixed , and your lucky if your not getting it on your main ship