test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Starbase project rewards less credits than it should.

riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
Really? I just turned in 2000 marks, and it rewarded me with 50k credits! If I'm not wrong, each mark is valued 50 credits, that should have been TWICE the value! :mad:

That screwed me up, it's not easy to get FMs! Especially when on KDF side! I'd continue with a string of insults but I'd stop here.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Really? I just turned in 2000 marks, and it rewarded me with 50k credits! If I'm not wrong, each mark is valued 50 credits, that should have been TWICE the value! :mad:

That screwed me up, it's not easy to get FMs! Especially when on KDF side! I'd continue with a string of insults but I'd stop here.

Half FC for the marks is intended, its designed to let large fleets generate credit, not for one person to do it all
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Specifically mentioned it the patch notes that it would award half the normal credits (25 per Mark).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Half FC for the marks is intended, its designed to let large fleets generate credit, not for one person to do it all

Still, why even dump marks when you can wait some hours and have a regular one completed. With "ensuring large fleets to generate credits" it shouldn't mean get a loss for them.
    I can just leave the fleet for a moment, dump them in another one who needs them, and come back. What's the whole sense of this!
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    To reward impatience... With half the usual reward... That's the point...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Still, why even dump marks when you can wait some hours and have a regular one completed. With "ensuring large fleets to generate credits" it shouldn't mean get a loss for them.
    I can just leave the fleet for a moment, dump them in another one who needs them, and come back. What's the whole sense of this!

I think the point is so that people don't have to leave their fleet in order to get fleet credits. People that already have a Tier V base shouldn't have to leave just to gain fleet credits. As it is now, fleets don't have any new holdings, so this project helps generate credits in the mean time.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yes your right, it does reward less credits than it should. That however is cryptics way of making sure they keep there customers pissed off, god forbid they actually give us the feature we have been asking for for about a year without finding some way to TRIBBLE us over.
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    john98837 wrote: »
    Yes your right, it does reward less credits than it should. That however is cryptics way of making sure they keep there customers pissed off, god forbid they actually give us the feature we have been asking for for about a year without finding some way to TRIBBLE us over.

I don't know why Cryptic's even being stingy with fleet credits. It's not even dilithium. In fact, it's a sink for dilithium as both items and requisition cost dilithium to obtain. Cutting fleet credit reward in half is essentially making dilithium sink disappear into the thin air, the exact opposite of what the game needs.
  • gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Since you get half what you normally do I'd call it punishing impatience. Not rewarding it. Kinda like the 1 hour rep projects that cost half the marks as a daily but give far less than half the XP.
    Smart people will avoid this new fleet project.

In the words of Smeagol: "Master betrayed us. Wicked, tricksey, false."
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I won't be slotting this project yet in my main fleet.
    Yes we have problems with FC generation between big upgrades (we're just tier IV). But I'm making the decision that its more beneficial for my fleet (even though its large) to stick to regular SB FM generation specials, and provisioning projects in the other facilities as between those they can earn far more FC than on this new project.
    Maybe when we hit tier V and have everything completed I will slot this additionaly to the other projects (which is its intention).
    But slotting it before then and not at least sending a fleetwide mail to let members know (if they have not read already as most don't) is probably an oversight on the part of the FA who slotted the project.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Since you get half what you normally do I'd call it punishing impatience. Not rewarding it. Kinda like the 1 hour rep projects that cost half the marks as a daily but give far less than half the XP.
    Smart people will avoid this new fleet project.

In the words of Smeagol: "Master betrayed us. Wicked, tricksey, false."

Except this is not a question of impatience. We are being punished for cryptics poor and short sighted design when they made the fleet system. It was easily foreseen that there would be a backlog of marks in large fleets. It is not right to force people to constantly leave there fleet just so they can get fleet credits at the rate they are due. Unless they want to design a system that lets you donate to other fleets without leaving yours they need to increase this project back to its proper FC reward. Can make it a 30min CD, noone gives a **** about the 5 minutes timer.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yes we have problems with FC generation between big upgrades (we're just tier IV). But I'm making the decision that its more beneficial for my fleet (even though its large) to stick to regular SB FM generation specials, and provisioning projects in the other facilities as between those they can earn far more FC than on this new project.
    Maybe when we hit tier V and have everything completed I will slot this additionaly to the other projects (which is its intention).
    But slotting it before then and not at least sending a fleetwide mail to let members know (if they have not read already as most don't) is probably an oversight on the part of the FA who slotted the project.

You have to be T5 to get the project anyway
    JtaDmwW.png
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ah sweet, hadn't looked that closely into it for the reasons I stated. Thanks for the info.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited June 2014

The project is designed for fleets that have already done everything and have no good way to get credits.

Its really a bandaid at best, since its a 5 min project, that means someone has to be on to keep them going. as well. Fleets need to be able to queue many more projects then they can currently, and there needs to be more fast projects so that large fleets that have completed everything have more options. And all Holdings also need the same large queues with fast projects. One a fleet reaches tier 5 and has accumulated a decent amount of Provisions, there is very little need to run regular projects.
  • cranmerepsiloncranmerepsilon Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I started playing mid season 6; It was the first 'mmo' I had played,and I am middle aged. What an experience for an old treky! It took 6 months to get to V.A.,I did it in space encounters mostly. I didnt know about levelling missions. I joined fleets not knowing why or how to chat.
    The instructions didnt exist. I sacked all my white doffs out of frustration, calculated days at a time to make 5 contraband to turn in.
    After a long time I joined a new fleet and was grateful to turn in these 'fleet marks', after noticing the woman on ESD talking about fleet stuff.
    I had been using blue xi weps for a year.I never had a problem getting fleet marks in, they were gold. Now they are worth less than an ash tray in an airlock; I keep helping out kids from my stash, but really? The newbs are condemned and dont have the patience.
    On tuesday I was conversing about spending the 200 odd quid and getting all the trimmings but now? The game Shafting the kids all gagging for endgame status?
    I dont think so. Not very 'Starfleet' is it? Conscripted customers get what they pay for.
    Cryptic, dont make the game a bugbear for parents or you will lose your new starters base.
    I will not be buying that lifetime sub until new uns get a fair game without endless grind.
    Sherwood out.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's yet another "great" decision by Cryptic ... Large Fleets with lots of high ranked and long time members, have more FM's than they could ever use or need, but they will be hesitant to give them away for half the usual amount, and smaller or newer fleets are being crushed and broken because of the stupidly high resource costs of upgrades ...

Leaving your current fleet and joining another to help out is one option ... But what if there aren't any fleet members of sufficient rank currently logged in to invite you back? You are stuck in Limbo until you find a fleet leader, and then you have to convince them that you were a member, and what rank you were (this IS real a problem with large fleets)

What the game needs is either ..
    a) A 'Donate" option to an 'Allied" Fleet, so that you don't have to leave your current fleet to help out others.

b) A public, Fleet Mark <--> Fleet Credit "Exchange" that can be accessed by any player.

Of course Cryptic will do niether, because they have purposely set it up, that the best and quickest way to get Fleet Credits is with Refined Dilithium and it's 1 x 1 Exchange Rate ... And of course the quickest way to get Refined Dil is to exchange Zen for it ... And of course the quickest wya to get Zen is to buy it from PWE with real money.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Not big on reading patch notes I see.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wow...some people are fashionably late, some people show up at closing time.

You, my friend, have rolled up a week later pissed off that the party is over...
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The whole fleet system needs looking at really. The fleet I'm in is big so any projects fill up instantly, except for dilithium which had a 1-1 return rate so nobody but the richest members can afford it.
    The only way to get FC's is to sit waiting for a project to start and hope you're quicker on the draw than the other hundred members doing the same.

We have so many resources stacked up to let people but things from stores from but nobody has any FCs to use to buy equipment.

I know we asked for a quick project to turn in FM's but by halving the return rate you're just going to hack off the players even more.

God forbid they actually do something to help the players and don't rip them off constantly. Sometimes it feels like the game is being made to upset players to force them away. The logic seems backwards.
    SulMatuul.png
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    The whole fleet system needs looking at really. The fleet I'm in is big so any projects fill up instantly, except for dilithium which had a 1-1 return rate so nobody but the richest members can afford it.
    The only way to get FC's is to sit waiting for a project to start and hope you're quicker on the draw than the other hundred members doing the same.

We have so many resources stacked up to let people but things from stores from but nobody has any FCs to use to buy equipment.

I know we asked for a quick project to turn in FM's but by halving the return rate you're just going to hack off the players even more.

God forbid they actually do something to help the players and don't rip them off constantly. Sometimes it feels like the game is being made to upset players to force them away. The logic seems backwards.

Amen! ... Pretty much the only people PWE are catering to is the "Rich Kids' who have cash to burn, and whilst they are a BIG reason why the game is still active, they aren't the total player base. I imagine that those same 'Rich Kids" would get pretty bored pretty quickly if they were the only players left because of PWE's short sightedness.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png