test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where to find basic Risia Info - how to obtain pearls?

realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
edited June 2014 in The Academy
The wiki has some, but its not very complete.

So I built a sand castle, got a couple LULU favor, how do I get pearls for the events?

I get that theres a hunt, a dance party, etc., but how do I do the flying race?

I've read through so many blogs that vaguely describe what is there, I do wish there was more of a how-to guide - this is my first year and I really want to get it going today on the first day, I feel at a disadvantage to those who know it from last year or who tested on holodeck.

Advice appreciated.
Post edited by realisticalty on

Comments

• Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,530 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The Event Co-ordinator seems to be bugged. Perhaps tomorrow we can all start our grind for ships.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    darkthorne70darkthorne70 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    pick a mission on the events point (cporvette or cruiser) then you go to the event coordinator that worked for me
  • Options
    bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So far I've ran it on two separate instances, so it could be like last year where some instances were bugged while others worked fine.

The Event Coordinator can be found to the right of the beam in point, she's standing next to the hut the floater vendor is in, she should have a green Q above her head, if it's missing then change instance.
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Pick a rep mission, talk to the cordinator and then turn on the floater and you're fine.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Save yourself a bit of frustration as well. buy one of the 50 favor floaters and practice so you get the feel of the floater. Otherwise it can be frustrating trying to hit some of the curves, and turns.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Aha! When I talk to the Event Coordinator AFTER I got a couple lulu's it gives me the flight mission. Apparently the event coordinator is the right place to start, and the new stuff is all at the promenade....

So the -only- way to earn pearls is via that mission..sigh...crappy mario skills...will try once or twice and see if its worth it to me...if not I'll poke around a little on risia then go do something else....
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Pearls are rewarded in groups of 40 for completing the Daily Flying High mission that runs on a 20 hour cooldown.

You can also buy packs of Pearls for 5 Lobi each that contain a random amount of Pearls aprox 2-6 per box.

Have fun on Risa!

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So the -only- way to earn pearls is via that mission..sigh...crappy mario skills...will try once or twice and see if its worth it to me...if not I'll poke around a little on risia then go do something else....

Quake skills, not Mario. Use the B key to go into shooter mode and use wasd to move and the mouse to look where you want to go. The rest is easy.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Pearls are rewarded in groups of 40 for completing the Daily Flying High mission that runs on a 20 hour cooldown.

You can also buy packs of Pearls for 5 Lobi each that contain a random amount of Pearls aprox 10-25 per box.

Have fun on Risa!

~CaptainSmirk

Thank you Good Captain!
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited June 2014

You can also buy packs of Pearls for 5 Lobi each that contain a random amount of Pearls aprox 10-25 per box.

Have fun on Risa!

~CaptainSmirk

Btw, you should have included this in the blogs (like plenty other stuff players are now painfully finding out), just FYI.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    draugadandraugadan Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Have fun on Risa!

~CaptainSmirk

10 - 25?!?!? What?

I bought a few boxes and got between 2 - 6 per. I never got more than 6. Mostly I got 2 or 3. Can I get a recount? Discount? Something? I ended up with 42 after buying quite a few boxes.

Either you are wrong or it is broke.
  • Options
    liberator68liberator68 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Have fun on Risa!

~CaptainSmirk

:mad: Yeah right,i brought 22 pearl boxs and guess what i was getting 2-3 pearls from each box so stop lying.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I bought 9 pearl Packs and received 48 Pearls :mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Have fun on Risa!

~CaptainSmirk

I beg to differ, I bought three boxes of pearls, 2, 4, 5 total per box. Its bugged if you think its 10-25 per box...
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bejaymac wrote: »
    So far I've ran it on two separate instances, so it could be like last year where some instances were bugged while others worked fine.

The Event Coordinator can be found to the right of the beam in point, she's standing next to the hut the floater vendor is in, she should have a green Q above her head, if it's missing then change instance.
    I'm not sure what is up with her myself. I've had a situation where the quest was unavailable fix itself WITHOUT rezoning.... The only thing I did was equip my floater.

Or maybe it was unavailable until noon PST. I think I did it around 2pm CST, which would be noon PST.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Or maybe it was unavailable until noon PST. I think I did it around 2pm CST, which would be noon PST.

The quest was not available at 10am server time (PST). AFAIK, it was available around 11:30ish or so (it just turned on with no warning and no server restart).
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!