test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    callevista wrote: »
    The bare skin updates will be present in the Summer Event. Some will be updated soon afterwards.
    Awesome, can't wait to see it. Thanks.
    I am actually having some issues with my Liberated Borg Romulan and Klingon.

I was going to rename my Rom Lt. Dan because he don't got no legs:
    He knows that Forest.
    What about Aliens? Aliens with spots can only have them on the face/neck and not other body parts. :(

Also extending to the textured options like scaled too of course.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would absolutely LOVE having the spots on my Aliens go all they way down their bodies. I have two of them that use spots and that would just make my day.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, it seems they are fixing some Tailor Issues with the next Tribble patch, so hopefully this might mean that PWE are finally gonna' let the Costume Creators address more issues.

I imagine it must be frustrating for the artists at Cryptic, to not be able to make their creations shine due to small bugs, and to not be allowed the time to make things right.

When you look at the concept art, and you see some of the wonderful stuff already in game (and let's be honest, there are some fantastic, and beautiful costumes in STO) I reckon it would be almost heartbreaking, not to be able to implement and fix the things because of time/money constraints imposed by the publisher.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Awesome, can't wait to see it. Thanks.

He knows that Forest.

Also extending to the textured options like scaled too of course.
    Actually, I just reminded myself that Borg Infected doesn't work for the whole body either... :(
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited June 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    Well, it seems they are fixing some Tailor Issues with the next Tribble patch, so hopefully this might mean that PWE are finally gonna' let the Costume Creators address more issues.

I imagine it must be frustrating for the artists at Cryptic, to not be able to make their creations shine due to small bugs, and to not be allowed the time to make things right.

When you look at the concept art, and you see some of the wonderful stuff already in game (and let's be honest, there are some fantastic, and beautiful costumes in STO) I reckon it would be almost heartbreaking, not to be able to implement and fix the things because of time/money constraints imposed by the publisher.
    The concept art is punishment because there are so many things that are there but not in the game, like the beautiful draped wrap top for the Romulan uniforms, and half a dozen great hairstyles. These artists are legit gifted. If they would just keep adding new hair options every half a season I'd be happy.
    Actually, I just reminded myself that Borg Infected doesn't work for the whole body either... :(

Sorry man.:(

That would make an appropriately creepy look in a swimsuit.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't suppose this issue from page 3 has been looked at recently? It's rather annoying and doesn't affect my Omega Force costume, just my Off Duty costumes.
    canis36 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's something you'd consider worth bringing up, but...

Anytime you go in to modify an Off-Duty or otherwise not-Uniform costume you'll be dumped into one of the default uniform costumes. Sometimes it'll even reset all appearance settings to the character creation default for whatever species your captain is.
    There was a brief period (one or two weeks tops) after LoR launched when this wasn't an issue but it went right back to being one almost immediately.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Sorry man.:(

That would make an appropriately creepy look in a swimsuit.
    Yeah I was disappointed in it last year. :(
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    I don't suppose this issue from page 3 has been looked at recently? It's rather annoying and doesn't affect my Omega Force costume, just my Off Duty costumes.

So just to be clear (so I can send this to our team with as much detail as possible)..
    It sounds like you are trying to modify a extra costume slot that is not the main one? And then once you do that, the tailor resets a bunch of your options?
  • patrickmckabypatrickmckaby Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So just to be clear (so I can send this to our team with as much detail as possible)..
    It sounds like you are trying to modify a extra costume slot that is not the main one? And then once you do that, the tailor resets a bunch of your options?

I think it's the same problem I have as well a lot.

If I want to update my Klingon's KHG, or my Fed's MACO or the old Omega Mk X visuals unlock (never got round to getting any higher), it resets it to a basic uniform slot, same happens with Off Duty clothing slots on my Fed and Romulan as well.
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I noticed the Klingon mirror universe bug I posted has been fixed on Tribble according to the patch notes. I look forward to that going on holodeck. :D
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think it's the same problem I have as well a lot.

If I want to update my Klingon's KHG, or my Fed's MACO or the old Omega Mk X visuals unlock (never got round to getting any higher), it resets it to a basic uniform slot, same happens with Off Duty clothing slots on my Fed and Romulan as well.

Happens all the time. The costumes lose their "type"(voth, off duty, omega and so on) and become "uniforms". So when you edit it all the "invalid" costume pieces get replaced with uniform pieces. Happens with both captains and bridge officers.
    My workaround is to use the save costume button before editing, then change the type to the correct type, load the costume I saved before and then do whatever changes I wanted to do in the first place.
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    overlapo wrote: »
    Happens all the time. The costumes lose their "type"(voth, off duty, omega and so on) and become "uniforms". So when you edit it all the "invalid" costume pieces get replaced with uniform pieces. Happens with both captains and bridge officers.
    My workaround is to use the save costume button before editing, then change the type to the correct type, load the costume I saved before and then do whatever changes I wanted to do in the first place.

It's probably been stated already, but selecting the proper uniform type and clicking the "reset values" buttons for upper and lower body uniform also seems to work and doesn't rely on remembering to save every time you make changes.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just saw the mirror uniform and KHG fix notes on Tribble (sorry, am slow sometimes :P). Good show callevista and character team. Love seeing costume fixes!
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Here's a video of the offending bug ~5.64MB. (Sorry for the lack of cursor, FRAPS doesn't pick it up for some reason.)

http://www.implyingimplications.com/offduty.mpg

I select the second costume slot which is an Off Duty type, and when I hit Modify it resets to a Uniform type, which of course loads all of the wrong parts since the saved parts are "invalid" on a Uniform type. When I go to the Head tab and reset the type back to Off Duty it resets all the parts a second time since the loaded Uniform parts are invalid for an Off Duty type, which is what overlapo was describing.
    ssargon wrote: »
    It's probably been stated already, but selecting the proper uniform type and clicking the "reset values" buttons for upper and lower body uniform also seems to work and doesn't rely on remembering to save every time you make changes.

Squee I love you.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Callevista,

Is there any chance you can incorporate the "glow colors" or "Neon Colors" if you will, that you have on the Undine T5 body armor, and allow the amount of color options be added to the Maco, and Voth set. It has so many to choose from, it would be nice if those sets could have the same amount of options. I know the voth set recently was updated to allow more color options for the glow lights on the armor, but the maco mark xii set, and the adapted set, Klingon mark xii set, and Klingon adapted set, are very lack luster for color options in the "glow light" selection, not to mention armor colors as well.

Thnx
    Loc
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
    edited June 2014
    Callevista,

Is there any chance you can incorporate the "glow colors" or "Neon Colors" if you will, that you have on the Undine T5 body armor, and allow the amount of color options be added to the Maco, and Voth set. It has so many to choose from, it would be nice if those sets could have the same amount of options. I know the voth set recently was updated to allow more color options for the glow lights on the armor, but the maco mark xii set, and the adapted set, Klingon mark xii set, and Klingon adapted set, are very lack luster for color options in the "glow light" selection, not to mention armor colors as well.

Thnx
    Loc

On that subject, I would appreciate if you would look at the holodisplay lighting on the Science kit pieces....really all the kit pieces. Specifically, I use that piece on tactical officers, and a red display would be a nice touch.
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mattachine wrote: »
    Not forgetting the glow color options for patters on Alien species like the ESD DJ is sporting.

I totally want some glowing eyes for my Martians.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
    edited June 2014
    mattachine wrote: »
    Not forgetting the glow color options for patters on Alien species like the ESD DJ is sporting.

Oh yes. I like bioluminescent aliens.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My Romulan female character doesnt have the helmet option for the Counter Command (undine rep) armor.

And the String bikini costume is missing its chest!

screenshot_2014-06-05-19-32-44_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I laugh at the feeble attempt of putting swimwear in to the game. Welcome to Sexist Trek where there's not equality between males and females.

11 swimsuits for females (a nice number of good looking ones too)
    3 swimsuits for men (seriously, there are so many designs on the market that a simple google search would give you loads of ideas. But not even basic ones like Bermuda Shorts, Spedoes and Boxer trunks are available.

The 70-ies inspired whorts look horrid. I would never time travel to that time for the fashion. The Cut-out wetsuit looks fun. Too expensive. The Full body wet suit, really, lack of imagination for more interesting ideas? Not seen any of the Star Trek episodes from Risa or vacation spots like on Voyager for instance? doesn't seem like you have.

The skin options doesn't include the HOST spots for Aliens to continue on to their bodies as they should.

This made me to completely loose interest in this event other then getting last year's ship for one of my toons.

5 gold stars for the environment creators though. Looks fab.
    Content makers gets no stars from me.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Joined Trill fem tos outfit neck seam issue is as bad as ever. It's like something out of new vegas lol.
    I need a beer.

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Cat feet and neck seam still bugged. Anybody seen any species with the texture fixes?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Joined Trill fem tos outfit neck seam issue is as bad as ever. It's like something out of new vegas lol.

Ha. Apt reference.
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Awesome work on the bikinis/swimsuits.

However, there seems to be a very black mark in the groin area, too black to be a shadow. Without wanting to sound too crude it looks like my toon forgot to wax :o

I could be wrong but it looks like the pants that cover our shame when the transporter officer beams our clothes out first are showing through.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    My Romulan female character doesnt have the helmet option for the Counter Command (undine rep) armor.

And the String bikini costume is missing its chest!

screenshot_2014-06-05-19-32-44_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

That bug is fixed by closing STO, re-launching STO and modifying the outfit.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am glad to see that the bikini debut added a body skin finally (this really needs to be added for all outfits with the matching complexion that we choose) but it seems to only be for the body and not the legs, hands or feet. The option under chest that says Alien Skin 01 has an option in the dropdown for Alien Skin 01 and Alien Skin 02 but they both look the same (this is the last one with the color choice). On top of that, the neck texture bug is still there so it makes for a really unusual looking character.

http://i.imgur.com/ilg5Lum.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sDuVBqx.jpg
  • loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ferasan fur shade/color differences.

the head and feet are the correct shades, the legs and body are completely wrong and don't match at all on any fur color options, some of them are so horribly wrong it looks like you have chopped up two bodies and stuck them together. these are the pictures of the colors i use and results in mismatch.

http://i.imgur.com/W4swwVv.jpg

you can see here up close the visible difference and neckline shades onto body shade

http://i.imgur.com/DSgvQ55.jpg

still on ferasans but a slightly different issue, klingon academy eye patch can't be worn, considering the similar muzzles to caitians who can wear the eye patch its a bit odd ferasans cannot wear parts of the one and only kdf c store outfit in the entire game.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    still on ferasans but a slightly different issue, klingon academy eye patch can't be worn, considering the similar muzzles to caitians who can wear the eye patch its a bit odd ferasans cannot wear parts of the one and only kdf c store outfit in the entire game.
    ferasans have nose rings...yes, that was the exact idiotic reason given by a dev long ago when people asked why ferasans couldn't wear those eyepatches

utter bull****
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ferasan fur shade/color differences.

the head and feet are the correct shades, the legs and body are completely wrong and don't match at all on any fur color options, some of them are so horribly wrong it looks like you have chopped up two bodies and stuck them together. these are the pictures of the colors i use and results in mismatch.

http://i.imgur.com/W4swwVv.jpg

you can see here up close the visible difference and neckline shades onto body shade

http://i.imgur.com/DSgvQ55.jpg

Hoping this stuff is fixed when they do all the texture updates.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png