test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Risa Summer Event

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    would be niffty if the npc of last year would provide us the race. no one seems to know where to get that pearl mission or how to start it.
    It seems to only be available if you have a floater equipped, otherwise that dialog button does not appear.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • kolln95kolln95 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Dear Cryptic,

Just once please give out a patch without bugs.

Horga'hn Hunt event is 15-min event, but it is halted after the 14th minute! I've lost the bonus 2 times already because of this!!!

Also all events has an unfollowable schedule...

And just for fun, on a huge part of the beach there are 2-3 sand building tools for 50 players in an instance whenever the Sand building event is on!!!

So please do some update as well...

Hussar Guardian Forces
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    6 build castle spots at 50 people map o.O are you insane?
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I was happy to hear they added another event to for Favors, but it sounds like the Sandcastle event only awards 2 Favors? Please tell me this is a mistake, Cryptic?!? Because it sounds like a joke. :(

5 during the bonus event! Wooo Yeeaaaa! Of course, you won't even get that, since there are like 6 buckets and 50 players.

1) Can we replicate more buckets? Or better yet
    2) Can we replace this event with something that earns, dare I hope, double digit favors?
  • ltbazzltbazz Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Is there a timetable for one hour on Risa?

Like, I still know from the Winter event
    (Snowball fight every full hour and .30,
    Epogh race at about .15, .22, .45, .52 minutes)

On Risa, I can't seem to make it out.
    Or I'm missing the announcements?

Edit:
    (In fact, I am mostly interested in the Hoverboard and Hulk-Hogan-hunt events.
    those lead to marks eventually and leave some favours in your pocket on the way.)

EditEdit:
    Ok, so now by waiting painstakingly i found out:
    the Hoverboard race is at .15 and .40
    Although it tells in the description "Races are held every 30 minutes."
    Horga'hn hunt is in between. (ca. .22 - .37)
    Then about 20 minutes of sandcastling.
    And every full hour - dance party.
    Amirite?
  • gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    rmackie wrote: »
    It would be nice to be able to get past the Legacy of Romulus screen, it seems everytime they do a major patch, my pc hangs there until eventually it doesnt...how about you stop breaking the game!

It's be nice if that load screen was swapped out for Season 9 Undine or better yet, let me chose the "current season, update of the month" OR the Earth and Stars at the log in screen for my loading game startup.
  • ragnar0xragnar0x Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This event is badly done for newcommers and for ppl who never did this event.

First: event NPC must be in the place where you can find it . (It took me 30 min just to find it because it is my first time there)

Second: there is no explanation how to do some quest or where the heck is npc that gives the quest. I just did "Flying high" quest by following some green air road from checkpoint to checkpoint.

third: I failed 1 time because my time ran out and I didn't even see that time ticking on the mission tracker.

and I got some egg and I was searching some research guy for 2 hours and some fleet member told me where is SHE (yup a girl).

so i heard that there are a lot of quests on Risa but i dont care anymore.

well...it was a waste of my 3,4 hour gaming time, now I know what to do and will do that one quest for the risian cruiser and never come back.
  • seoulsistaseoulsista Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I can't seem to do the dance competition after I dc'd and it automatically dropped.
  • skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    And the pvp race is bad. I did it 3 times and never had a chance to win. Allways 1 or 2 with superior item. On winter event even without snow boots doesn't make a big difference. I often won without using them, but with this superior item no chance.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    a good number of weeks, only need 3 weeks and a half for the cruiser, so i can skip these days and next week completely, dunno yet. real life issues pending.

still not interested in the double canoe with a cockpit and hippie colors.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Had a quick run around, didnt get to the surf board event yet, but its on my lists.

Floater obstacle courses seemed a little cleaner than last year.

Horghunawotsit hunt worked absolutely fine for me, and was as relaxing as ever.

Sandcastle building is ridiculous. So few spots to build that things got seriously cut-throat on the beach I was at.

I only got to have a go by standing on someone elses castle and waiting for it to collapse.

I love the idea of this event, I really do, but come on folks......was the QA team really short handed that day? "Well it works for both of us, good to go".

Finally, very happy with the alt discount. Extremely fair of Cryptic to implement it that way.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I as able to start the daily floater event... I just had to have a floater equipped...

This, plus logging out for awhile to watch TV off the DVR led me to a suggestion:

As of now my characters that did not have access to Flying High seem to be able to acquire it. Since they already had Floaters and had them equipped, it may simply be the case that I'd initially logged in before the Summer Event officially started at 10am PST. If you are still having trouble getting the daily, try logging out entirely and logging back into STO. Hopefully this helps...

Either that or the Event Coordinator didn't show up on time and needs to have her pay docked :P
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • luchoortizluchoortiz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The Sandcastle reward is junk (2 favors), and the "bonus favors time" is even more of a joke (5 favors). Doesn't the complexity of the castle at least add to the favors? It doesn't make sense that all sand castles always give +2 or +5 favors.
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Flying event isn't that easy what are suppose to do fly through the loops or follow the path if you can keep stable in the spiral loop. Once I had started flying event another event had pop-up so I click it and that had told me I had 4 mins but can't do both right. So that ended told I had to start the event again. So I flying looking for where to start. Need video on what your suppose to do. I'll return later until the patches get added again. When beaming down the server lost the connection at Risa which was crowded around planet with ships.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »
    Flying event isn't that easy what are suppose to do fly through the loops or follow the path if you can keep stable in the spiral loop. Once I had started flying event another event had pop-up so I click it and that had told me I had 4 mins but can't do both right. So that ended told I had to start the event again. So I flying looking for where to start. Need video on what your suppose to do. I'll return later until the patches get added again. When beaming down the server lost the connection at Risa which was crowded around planet with ships.

Flying is pretty easy. Use shootermode!
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »

Just Float through each of the gates in order; the path is just a general route to follow, so even if you miss a gate entirely, fly back again and go through it and on to the next. You have a decent amount of time to complete the 3 courses needed, and you should have 4 to choose from. Remember too that you only have to finish the full cost project with one character to unlock the discount for your others, with the discounted rate being 40 Pearls. This makes the whole Event far better this year than the other Event grinds up until this point, since it makes it so you can unlock the discounts with 2 characters (one doing each ship) and any and all other characters just have to run Flying High once per ship they want. If you've spent Zen on additional Character Slots, the discount on these ships makes a huge difference.

As far as side missions, the Hunt is doable as you fly between the 3 courses you fly for the daily, but the others all need a bit more attention... I would suggest just doing Flying High, then wandering to and fro as ye wish ;)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    can we do something bout the people cheating in the powerboard race, no way first place flag can be taken when the front 2 people are neck and neck the whole race with no one in front of them and the 3rd place flag is the only one left, just witnessed 2 gorns pull this trick and its been done by others as well....
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So, with about 100 instances of 50 people each, there is definitely great interest in the event.
    However...
    Having only 6 spots to build sandcastles for those 50 people, with long (unannounced) cooldowns,
    followed by only getting 2 favors, unfortunately makes this event a joke.
    This Really needs to get fixed pronto ... by tomorrow preferably.
    This can not wait till next Thursday's patch.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    treking2 wrote: »

...don't be too surprised if it takes like 4+ years ;)...
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Does that means that if I already have the risian corvette on my Romie tac, I can get it on my other characters at the discounted rate?
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bunansa wrote: »
    can we do something bout the people cheating in the powerboard race, no way first place flag can be taken when the front 2 people are neck and neck the whole race with no one in front of them and the 3rd place flag is the only one left, just witnessed 2 gorns pull this trick and its been done by others as well....

Are you sure they were "cheating", and not just using the superior powerboards purchased using favors leftover from last year's event?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    Does that means that if I already have the risian corvette on my Romie tac, I can get it on my other characters at the discounted rate?
    yep, i just claimed one for one of my mains...only 40 pearls
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Are you sure they were "cheating", and not just using the superior powerboards purchased using favors leftover from last year's event?

There was an exploit in the winter pvp race that was letting people claim the flag despite not having run the race (I'm not sure how it worked, but I know it happened). So people who were running the race would get to the end and 1st place would already be gone.

Sounds like there is something similar going on with the summer race, too.
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The 40 thing is definitely pretty nifty...it's not the "I don't want to play this game anymore - I hate this game" that started to kick in when you were trying to do it on 8+ toons.

After reading the stats on the "luxury" cruiser...I don't want to play this game anymore - I hate this game.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    I did. And now I am chomping at the bit for Tacofangs' latest masterpiece.

Maybe I can get my music-geek brother (he plays the viola, and is planning to go professional. We are very proud) to compose a symphony or an opera in Tacofangs' honor. "The Ballad of the Taco" or "The Symphony of Taconian Fangs" or something like that.

I hope I die soon, and I want you to do the eulogy.

So anyway: i bought 10Pearl Packs with Lobi Crystals and was rewarded with 48 Pearls. IF one Pearl Pack has 10-20 Pearls, how could this happen? I have wasted my Lobis and didn't even get half the minimum Pearls I should have received?

And no, I can't do any activities because the graphic changes since S9 bring my pc to his knees and I lag terrible.
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    Thanks, that was the one point of paramount importance.

Now could you lobby for some time devoted to create a Risian bridge?

You already know the answer to that - everyone is working exclusively on Expansion 2 at this point, so we will have to wait until next year.
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    While I was checking out the summer event, Taco called everyone, who wanted more buckets, needy.

...and, then he poked fun at the fact the buckets only gave out two rewards.

It was disgusting.

I am no longer going to buy zen.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Alright, Risa is beautiful as always and all the suits look great...but real talk people, those swimsuit prices are obscene especially since they're restricted to Risa. 1000 Lohlunats? There are three or four lady's swimsuits at 1000 lohlunats. You can get about fifty favors from dancing and fifty for the Horgahn hunt. It isn't impossible, but it is excessive, especially as you get up in character numbers. I have just four characters two of which are female and I'm look up at it like an insurmountable hill.

Normally you would think that having more events would help, but the powerboard race is just for tags and the Sandcastle gives a laughable reward (when you're lucky enough to be able to do it). That reward if it's going to be a legitimate way to earn favors has got to be increased and the number of pails and shovels starting points have to be multiplied exponentially. There are far more sand spots than there are pails and shovels, and it makes no sense. If you could trade birds and monkeys in for favors instead of marks that too would ease the burden.

I can give nothing but praise for the sponsorship born discount on the ships this year that was a stroke of genius, but the balancing on the favors vs the ways to earn favors this year was seriously broken. It seems like the amount of favors to earn was balanced against last years rewards where you had to spend maybe around 2800 favors to get all you needed all three outfits and a superior floater.

This year we're looking at maybe 5000-7000 or more especially for characters that didn't run it last year. Three or Four thousand favors just to get the most expensive swimsuits, not counting the 750 favor swimsuits 1000 for a superior power board 1500!?!??!! for the faction powerboard, and 1000 for a superior floater if you don't have it. Males have it easier on the swimsuit front, but it's still no picnic compared to the amount of grind. Making them account unlocked or discounted would be nice there too. But the easiest way is to crank the rewards.

Someone sold something like 1000 favors on Risa today for 65 million Energy Credits. That kind of scalping cannot be alright.

kolln95 wrote: »
    Dear Cryptic,

Just once please give out a patch without bugs.

Horga'hn Hunt event is 15-min event, but it is halted after the 14th minute! I've lost the bonus 2 times already because of this!!!

Also all events has an unfollowable schedule...

And just for fun, on a huge part of the beach there are 2-3 sand building tools for 50 players in an instance whenever the Sand building event is on!!!

So please do some update as well...

Seriously. Fix the Sand Castle Building.

5 during the bonus event! Wooo Yeeaaaa! Of course, you won't even get that, since there are like 6 buckets and 50 players.

1) Can we replicate more buckets? Or better yet
    2) Can we replace this event with something that earns, dare I hope, double digit favors?
    Yes. Seriously. The rewards are laughable.
    So, with about 100 instances of 50 people each, there is definitely great interest in the event.
    However...
    Having only 6 spots to build sandcastles for those 50 people, with long (unannounced) cooldowns,
    followed by only getting 2 favors, unfortunately makes this event a joke.
    This Really needs to get fixed pronto ... by tomorrow preferably.

Hopefully, Cryptic has been known to add corrective patches as early as Friday and Tuesday on these things.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I wonder why the more complicated sandcastles don't give more rewards. I fetched sand three times, scared off a rampaging monkey and collected rocks for my castles walls and I still get only 2 favors. :(

And the swimwear costs about 10 times of what would be reasonable imo. :o
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    While I was checking out the summer event, Taco called everyone, who wanted more buckets, needy.

...and, then he poked fun at the fact the buckets only gave out two rewards.

It was disgusting.

I am no longer going to buy zen.

Wow.

You know, when a Dev pokes fun at something in this game, that's usually a good sign that they're going to buff that thing through the roof soon.

Also, the more times you do each event, the more favors you get. And if you time it right, you can get ~200 favors in an hour, even if you miss the bonus sandcastle event.

Finally, dude. This is an event for people with a lot of time on their hands. The only reason to play this event other than cosmetic stuff is the new ship, which can be acquired with about 10 minutes per day of work for 3.5 weeks.