test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I Love The Devs

dragoknashdragoknash Member Posts: 48 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Ten Forward
I don't know how else to express my love and gratitude to you guys for what you have done with my beloved sto, I thought when pwi acqiuired it, it was dead. but you guys have done more than I could have ever hoped and I am so greatfull for all the hard work and continued energy you guys are pooring into this, im buying to life time subs if that's possible just cuzz I love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by dragoknash on

Comments

• Options
    t0xsick2t0xsick2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm having one of those Sheldon Cooper can't figure out if it's sarcasm or not type of moments over here.
  • Options
    giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dragoknash wrote: »
    I don't know how else to express my love and gratitude to you guys for what you have done with my beloved sto, I thought when pwi acqiuired it, it was dead. but you guys have done more than I could have ever hoped and I am so greatfull for all the hard work and continued energy you guys are pooring into this, im buying to life time subs if that's possible just cuzz I love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I felt the same before the PvP dil nerf. Now I feel the opposite.
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    t0xsick2 wrote: »
    I'm having one of those Sheldon Cooper can't figure out if it's sarcasm or not type of moments over here.

Exactly what I thought...
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    OP, you new here? Please, take those pink glasses off :P.
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I love the devs for the Carrier pet UI upgrade they did last year, the free ship slots, and the free ship every 4 days event. I love the free banks and inventory slots they devs gave us.

I love the devs for making NPC's go to full impulse if you shoot them and try to run. (Umm, what happened to that? They don't do it anymore. It was funny.)

The devs do some great stuff every once and a while. It's not all negative. I can be positive about them. I'm a KDF player too....
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    atlantra wrote: »
    I love the devs for the Carrier pet UI upgrade they did last year, the free ship slots, and the free ship every 4 days event. I love the free banks and inventory slots they devs gave us.

I love the devs for making NPC's go to full impulse if you shoot them and try to run. (Umm, what happened to that? They don't do it anymore. It was funny.)

The devs do some great stuff every once and a while. It's not all negative. I can be positive about them. I'm a KDF player too....

I agree, those were good things. Well, other than that pet ui upgrade making the pets a nightmare now that we can't just spawn more pets if they fall too far behind. Now we have to either wait for them to catch up, or wait for them to die.
    While I don't love the devs by any means, they are capable of good things every now and then.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    saihung423saihung423 Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This thread isn't as sordid as I had hoped.

T'is pity.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,403 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    saihung423 wrote: »
    This thread isn't as sordid as I had hoped.

T'is pity.
    Don't worry - either Worffan and Organicmanfred will show up and start fighting over particular devs, or it'll devolve into a flamefest because all this astonishing development over the past couple of years wasn't absolutely perfect for someone. Either way, if it lives long enough, this threat will get sordid enough, one way or another...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Don't worry - either Worffan and Organicmanfred will show up and start fighting over particular devs, or it'll devolve into a flamefest because all this astonishing development over the past couple of years wasn't absolutely perfect for someone. Either way, if it lives long enough, this threat will get sordid enough, one way or another...

Speak of the devil and he shall appear... :D

I love Tacofangs, and I hereby claim him for my own! I have already maxed out two months of Nepotism Quotas by giving him outlandish gifts, and I am now dumping June's quota on him early because I love the environment team's work so much.

Tacofangs shall be MINE!!! ALL MINE!!! AND NO-ONE ELSE SHALL HAVE HIM!!!!!

Hail Ba'al!

Sincerely,
    Grand Vizier Worffan101.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jonsills wrote: »

Mhhh, no. I changed my attitude and behavior in the last few days. Now that I figured out what's allowed and what not, I am lucky to have learned from the best ranters here.
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited June 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    OP, you new here? Please, take those pink glasses off :P.

You mean it wasn't the red pill or the blue pill?
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited June 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Speak of the devil and he shall appear... :D

Look what the cat, er, Caitian dragged in. All's Ferasan in love and war, after all.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Mhhh, no. I changed my attitude and behavior in the last few days. Now that I figured out what's allowed and what not, I am lucky to have learned from the best ranters here.

Mwahahahahahahahahaaa!!!!

If you do not contest me, then Tacofangs shall be MINE!!! ALL MINE!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Loads and loads of bull shenanigans on this thread and therefore i call shenanigans :D
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    :::shoves Worffan down the corpse chute:::
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    t0xsick2t0xsick2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Loads and loads of bull shenanigans on this thread and therefore i call shenanigans :D

"I swear to God, I'll pistol whip the next guy that says 'shenanigans!'"

"Hey Farva, what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy stuff on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?"
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    :::shoves Worffan down the corpse chute:::

*Bribes Tacofangs with two planets, this starship (with the superweapon still equipped!), and sixteen million tons of pure gold*

Hail Ba'al!

(OOC: Great to see you, Tacofangs! I love it when devs participate in the street theater of life that is the STO forums.)
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    *Bribes Tacofangs with two planets, this starship (with the superweapon still equipped!), and sixteen million tons of pure gold*

Hail Ba'al!

(OOC: Great to see you, Tacofangs! I love it when devs participate in the street theater of life that is the STO forums.)

Gold is worthless, it's the latinum you really want.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    Gold is worthless, it's the latinum you really want.

*Bribes Tacofangs with eighteen million bars of gold-pressed latinum on top of the gold, and throws in six tons of pure platinum as well*

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    by now i only love the dev responsible for pvp and how much he puts in. no talk about all the backup he gets from da bosses.... oh, wait :rolleyes:
  • Options
    marthitamarthita Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dragoknash wrote: »

I don't know if this is sarcasm or someone who has been wearing their Pyrovision goggles too long.
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    *trumps worffan by offering a pile of pure hand-picked bacon from the finest bacon orchard*
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There are some areas that still need love (PVP and the Foundry, especially), but all things considered I think the devs are doing an amazing job. I look forward to seeing what comes next! :)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    There are some areas that still need love (PVP and the Foundry, especially), but all things considered I think the devs are doing an amazing job. I look forward to seeing what comes next! :)

They could dump those from STO completely and there wouldn't be all that many tears shed.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    They could dump those from STO completely and there wouldn't be all that many tears shed.

Maybe not, but there would be potential lost. And it's always sad to think of awesome stuff that never happened.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Maybe not, but there would be potential lost. And it's always sad to think of awesome stuff that never happened.

It's not like its happening anyway. Potential is only good if it is realised. Is it being realised? Nope.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    It's not like its happening anyway. Potential is only good if it is realised. Is it being realised? Nope.

Well, it could in the future.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone