test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Risian cruiser interior question

xsupersnailxxsupersnailx Member Posts: 180 Arc User
I noticed that there's a section of the ship that appears to be an artificial environment. Will we be able to access this? That would be really cool if you could.
Post edited by xsupersnailx on

Comments

• Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I noticed that there's a section of the ship that appears to be an artificial environment. Will we be able to access this? That would be really cool if you could.

Nobody knows yet, but a lot of people have their fingers crossed.

I know i'm hoping for my own swimming pool.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Based on the dev blog not mentioning it. I would say no. Looks like they turned it from a ship that could be entertaining into another pew pew ship.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Based on the dev blog not mentioning it. I would say no. Looks like they turned it from a ship that could be entertaining into another pew pew ship.

best thing to do is wait and see again noone knows and it could have been forgotten to be added to the dev blog they have done that a few times lol

• Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Yeah, I was disappointed there was no mention of interiors in the blog too.

I just have my fingers crossed it was an oversight.
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    They could make describing the interior its own blog.
    But yeah, if it doesn't have that swank tiny park and pool interior attached to it, that'd be a bit of a disappointment.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    All the more recent "neutral" ships had exclusive bridges.... And usually that is mentioned in the dev blog. So it not being mentioned here could mean... Either they became tired of doing that, they just forgot to mention it or it is so "special" that it will get an own dev blog.

I mean a "luxury interior" where we might even be allowed to wear the swim wear would make sense with this one...
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well if there's no new dev blog about it by the time 10AM PST rolls around tomorrow you can immediately find out yourself for the low low price of a few hundred lobi.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    mosquito214mosquito214 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Looks like we got confirmation: no special interior for the cruise liner. Judging from the dev's response to that comment, at least.
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Looks like we got confirmation: no special interior for the cruise liner. Judging from the dev's response to that comment, at least.

Cue the rage in 3..2..1...

GET HIM BOYS
  • Options
    agentsorchusagentsorchus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Actually the question is a classic double question. Is there a custom bridge, and B can you wear swimwear on it. The no is most definitely directed at B, and unsure at the main question of is there a custom bridge.
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    cue The Rage In 3..2..1...

Get Him Boys

Blargh!!!! Rage, Rage, Rage!!!!!!

Rawwwr!
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Now, that really would've been cool to have your own resort park on board where you could wear the swimsuits and throw parties. :cool:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    if it were a regulation ship.. but, what is considered regulation for a cruise ship? Might not be quite the same as for a warship, or exploration ship..

The only answer we really have "Unknown" But that big top deck area with the transparancies..well, ya gotta wonder ya know. Why go to that much effort and not do the whole thing?
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    if it were a regulation ship.. but, what is considered regulation for a cruise ship? Might not be quite the same as for a warship, or exploration ship..

The only answer we really have "Unknown" But that big top deck area with the transparancies..well, ya gotta wonder ya know. Why go to that much effort and not do the whole thing?

The same could be asked about ship interiors, the fed tutorial academy and interior sets, vulcan and andoria, the dkyr and atrox not having bridges, really the whole KDF faction...
  • Options
    mailman650mailman650 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It would have made for a really cool ship to RP with :(
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thats disappointing....
  • Options
    temporalhavoctemporalhavoc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ahh... Very well played mister Cryptic. You raised and dashed my hopes expertly, sirs.
    Nick - Human Tactical Officer - FED [INACTIVE]
    Tenix - Romulan Science Officer - KDF Ally [INACTIVE]
    M'ossa - Ferasan Science Officer - KDF [MAIN]

Formerly known on the forums as Remissus
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Lol not regulation? NOT REGULATION? It's against regulation to visit the atrium of your own ship? It's clearly there, and there's clearly a park there.
  • Options
    solemkofsolemkof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Confirmed for no special bridge/interior:
    Cruiser Customization Clarifications:

You have 3 ship Atrium selections, Forest, Islands, or Blast Doors

We were unable create a custom bridge for the summer ships, much to the dismay of the entire team. Things happen.

You have two alternate part options for many parts of the ship, missionpod/smokestack, 1 bottom ring/2 bottom rings, 2 engines/3 engines, double stanchion/regular stanchion, etc.

The ship shares all of the crazy custom color choices of the Corvette created by Adam, you can fly around in your own hot pink ship if you want! I even divided the ship up into many different parts so that you can have even more customization.

The Atrium forcefield is tied to your glowy bits color choices(thank Jamz for that), there are 8 unique forcefield patterns.

There is no playable custom interior space for the forest/islands. That would be an incredible amount of work, and this ship was already tons of work to begin with.

The ship's sails animate when in sector space, they open up to reveal sails along with the rear 'rudder'.

Any other questions, within reason, and I will try to answer.

Thanks, and I hope you guys enjoy your time on Risa, I'll see you there!

-Nick
  • Options
    edited June 2014

We were unable create a custom bridge for the summer ships, much to the dismay of the entire team. Things happen.

You have two alternate part options for many parts of the ship, missionpod/smokestack, 1 bottom ring/2 bottom rings, 2 engines/3 engines, double stanchion/regular stanchion, etc.

The ship shares all of the crazy custom color choices of the Corvette created by Adam, you can fly around in your own hot pink ship if you want! I even divided the ship up into many different parts so that you can have even more customization.

The Atrium forcefield is tied to your glowy bits color choices(thank Jamz for that), there are 8 unique forcefield patterns.

There is no playable custom interior space for the forest/islands. That would be an incredible amount of work, and this ship was already tons of work to begin with.

The ship's sails animate when in sector space, they open up to reveal sails along with the rear 'rudder'.

-Nick

Well there we have official confirmation from here too...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    A huge oppurtunity to create a ship interior worth visiting ruined. But I thought it was easier to make a place using models that already exist, like ground and trees and a small pond
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    A huge oppurtunity to create a ship interior worth visiting ruined. But I thought it was easier to make a place using models that already exist, like ground and trees and a small pond

Well they have officially given up on interiors a while ago. Old cryptic logic: no use for interiors = nobody uses them regularly = people are obviously not interested in that.
    But at least a bridge?
  • Options
    temporalhavoctemporalhavoc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    solemkof wrote: »
    Confirmed for no special bridge/interior:

At least now I know not to bother with this. The Klingon bridge selections would be TRIBBLE for a ship like this, and the lack of a suitable bridge ruins the feel of the whole thing for me. Shame. It had a chance to be pretty cool.
    Nick - Human Tactical Officer - FED [INACTIVE]
    Tenix - Romulan Science Officer - KDF Ally [INACTIVE]
    M'ossa - Ferasan Science Officer - KDF [MAIN]

Formerly known on the forums as Remissus
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited June 2014

-Nick

While it's disappointing to hear we won't have a unique interior area for the ship, at least it sounds like it will be a versatile thing to customize.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    the moment the look of the ship was leaked and I saw that atrium, I was thinking maybe just maybe they'd over come their greed and do it. But now that I know that I'll be flying it with one of those oversized ugly federation interiors, I'd' rather stick to flying my Wells
  • Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well knowing this now.. I went from going to grind for the ship on 5 toons.. To maybe 1... And I stress the maybe.. Why the heck would they not give the ship its on bridge??????
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    Well knowing this now.. I went from going to grind for the ship on 5 toons.. To maybe 1... And I stress the maybe.. Why the heck would they not give the ship its on bridge??????

You don't have to "grind" the ships on more than one Character anyway ... if the discount is really 40 pearls it's just one round of "Flying High"
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Well, I infer from the dev comment that they ran out of time, or there was a resource limitation with a database, or something like that. Note the "to the team's dismay" comment. That's different from "we just didn't feel like it," which is what you seem to imply. They wanted to, but couldn't.
    boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There is always the hope that the special interior (with all the amenities as the dev blog states) and bridge will be on the table next year for the ships.

maybe a special interior design and bridge for the risian ships, as well as the atrium for the cruiser, would go a long way to assuaging the fears and rage of the players who see this as sloppy or lazy game development.

i personally don't believe it's either, like the posts have said, they ran out of time.
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Agreed.

IMHO, overcoming the design issues with ship interiors really ought to be priority one for the game.

I realize there isn't a perfectly eloquent solution. But, really, how worthwhile is doing anything where there's a perfectly eloquent solution?