test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet weekend event idea

mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So, I thought of this earlier: A dedicated weekend event for fleet-related things. Here is what it would probably have:

All content that gives fleet marks gives more fleet marks (stacks with normal FM booster, and basically acts like the mark event does now, but only for FMs).

To add to the above, like rep marks, you could early a daily bonus of fleet marks each day (permanent addition).

All inputs that are needed for any projects give more fleet credits (stacks with normal FC booster. Dil and DOFFs in particular would get a larger boost)

Certain items that cost FC are reduced in price. (Not gear or such, but more like buying Embassy/Dil Mine/Spire provisions and white DOFFs. Possibly even become free, but that would ONLY apply to the provision items, not DOFFs.)

Gear and such might get a temporary discount while the event is running. (If at all)

Commodities would be given an EC discount (and hopefully maybe they change it to let you buy in even larger stack amounts at a time).

All featured projects would run during this time as well.

Not sure what else could be added. But I figure an event like that would probably get people on, and get projects filled pretty steadily with so many extra incentives. After all, Cryptic didn't add a new holding yet because people were further behind than they thought (shocker, I know). So i thought the least they could do would give the slightest bit of a helping hand in that matter. Especially for any fleet who wanted to get a big project running.
I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
Post edited by mimey2 on

Comments

• Options
    onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I like this idea, also would be nice to add one or two dedicated new queues for fleet marks

if they ever add a colony holding (not sure what they'd do with it, but eh) we could do a queue for that where we defend it on the ground like we do for the space fleet alert ^^

but yeah i support this idea, would be a nice thing for the fleets struggling with generating FMs and FCs both
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • Options
    ericshatnerericshatner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think a big incentive in addition to bonus FMs would be slightly reduced dilithium costs on holdings and reduced timers on projects. Perhaps for the duration of the event from 20hrs to 30mins or the like.

With reduced timers in particular that could be big driver of weekend activity. A lot of the disincentives to doing Tier V is the sheer commitment of time to the endeavour.
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »
    So, I thought of this earlier: A dedicated weekend event for fleet-related things. Here is what it would probably have:

All content that gives fleet marks gives more fleet marks (stacks with normal FM booster, and basically acts like the mark event does now, but only for FMs).

To add to the above, like rep marks, you could early a daily bonus of fleet marks each day (permanent addition).

All inputs that are needed for any projects give more fleet credits (stacks with normal FC booster. Dil and DOFFs in particular would get a larger boost)

Certain items that cost FC are reduced in price. (Not gear or such, but more like buying Embassy/Dil Mine/Spire provisions and white DOFFs. Possibly even become free, but that would ONLY apply to the provision items, not DOFFs.)

Gear and such might get a temporary discount while the event is running. (If at all)

Commodities would be given an EC discount (and hopefully maybe they change it to let you buy in even larger stack amounts at a time).

All featured projects would run during this time as well.

Not sure what else could be added. But I figure an event like that would probably get people on, and get projects filled pretty steadily with so many extra incentives. After all, Cryptic didn't add a new holding yet because people were further behind than they thought (shocker, I know). So i thought the least they could do would give the slightest bit of a helping hand in that matter. Especially for any fleet who wanted to get a big project running.
    i think they arent likely to do something that disrupts the balance that exists between the dill project credit return, the starbase doff cost, and the credit return on doff donations.
    i know it isnt readily apparent, but it does exist. it became pretty clear to me a couple months into the grind to t5.
    im also not sure i like the idea of members having twice as many fleet marks burning holes in their pockets. im not so sure the half-credit 2000 mark project is going to be a magic bullet (and i really hope its made obvious to member that they only get 1/2 credit for donating to it!).
    I think a big incentive in addition to bonus FMs would be slightly reduced dilithium costs on holdings and reduced timers on projects. Perhaps for the duration of the event from 20hrs to 30mins or the like.

With reduced timers in particular that could be big driver of weekend activity. A lot of the disincentives to doing Tier V is the sheer commitment of time to the endeavour.
    so you want another dil discount and a free pass through the timegate so you can take pride in a starbase you didnt even have to work for. imo if you arent willing to do the work you dont deserve to be a t5 fleet.
    if cryptic even do that as a once off youd better bet that will have a very negative knock on effect.
  • Options
    ericshatnerericshatner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    We are building the star base despite the time gate, but if you want to have a single weekend that makes a decent dent in an overall project reducing the time gate so that all of the resources collected that weekend can be used makes a lot of sense. Think of the upheaval in the dilithium market that could cause! :)

It sounds like you would be against any discount that fleets got for coming late to the party. Why do you care what other people pay? Your base is no less awesome regardless.

Are you against all promotions on things you already have in the game? Why?
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What's so wrong about having a weekend dedicated to finishing projects? It is only a weekend after all. It's not like that it would let a tier 0 fleet go to tier 5 in 4 days or so.

My own fleet isn't 100% finished, or a 'top tier' fleet, or anything like it, but we are quite far along, and we've worked hard for where we've gotten. But there are some things we simply have not done. The biggest one being:

The tier 5 starbase upgrade.

It's the biggest cost of ANY project you can do. Well over 3 million dil, let alone the other costs.

It also offers VERY little for a fleet in terms of useful stuff. It's almost entirely a bragging rights kind of deal. So we have chosen not to do it yet. Instead what my fleet has is:

Tier 4 SB, tier 4 science, tier 5 engineering (Fed side only), tier 5 tactical (KDF side only), along with completed Embassy, Dil mine, and Spire on both sides.

For my own fleet, I would see this as a good reason to get some stuff done. Get some things going, even if it's only some normal projects for the sake of generating FCs. And if we had the resources, maybe even starting a tier 5 SB upgrade.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.