test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hangar Pets for JHDC

tomgonjinn23tomgonjinn23 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Federation Discussion
I am the proud owner of a JHDC and want to know what hangar pets I should get for it. ATM I got the adv. Danube runabouts.

I do have access to the elite scorps and elite widow fighters don't want the swarmers. Thanks for any and all help.
Post edited by tomgonjinn23 on

Comments

• damix4damix4 Member Posts: 609 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you have access to fleet with t5 science starbase, you can try Elite Jem'Hadar Fighters. I find it strange to launch federation hangar pets from JHDC but if you don't mind, than there is fleet Yellowstone runabout that is useful because it has tractor beams.
  • timothyre99timothyre99 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    For my current build I use the scorps. This is due to the fact that I use rom plasma, so my scorps benefit from the consoles sometimes due to a glitch that makes it so consoles can occasionally benefit from the consoles on your ship.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Use scorps and write it off
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Probably Scorpions for big hardened targets, or Widows for FAW spamming.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Probably Scorpions for big hardened targets, or Widows for FAW spamming.

this is what I did until I got JHAS pets
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    For the JHDC, if you have it, Elite JHAS units.

Otherwise, I'd recommend Scorpions, Peregrines, or Yellowstones.

Scorpions are great in "siege mode" against massive structures. Their HYT Plasmas are very powerful when all released at one time. I tend to keep my Elite Scorpions "recalled" then when it's time to let the attack loose, launch them all in close proximity to the target and all the HYT Plasmas go off. However, if there is any sort of AOE by the enemy, Scorpions and all their HYT Plasmas will disappear. Kaput! Since they are counted as fighters, they are quick to replace, and they come in good volume of 12 total for a 2 hangar carrier.

Yellowstones, tough, capable shuttles with outstanding CC, which is their main draw. Powerful Tractor Beam abilities and Eject Warp Plasma. But the plasma feels randomly laid down. The one area they lack though is volume of fire. You can only have at most 4 of these out at any given time with a 2-hangared carrier. Per shuttle, their firepower is quite mediocre. With 4 shuttles at most, their overall firepower is quite pitiful. Chronitons provide CC, yes, but their damage was never meaningful and they have reloads equal to Quantums. Take longer to replace: They fall in the middle in terms of Fighters & Frigates.

Peregrines get no glory, no respect on these boards. However, they do several things for you.
    - Fast moving fighters that change direction very easily.
    - They present their weapons more easily.
    - Their projectiles are not destructible.
    - As fighters, they're quick to replace.
    - As fighters, you can have up to 12 out at any given time with a 2 hangar carrier.
    - In large numbers, they provide excellent volume of fire which is easy to maintain even with losses during combat. They are quick to replace and easy to keep the fire up.
    - They can perform well in the Carrier Commands. They move fast and present their weapons easily to take on "Intercept" and "Defend" commands. Scorpions can fulfill the similar commands, but due to the strength of HYT plasmas from the Elite versions, they tend to be aimed squarely at the large structures / targets. Peregrines are not forced into any such role, and they're capable of doing the other commands outside of "Attack."
    XzRTofz.gif
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    shuttle craft are 8 max for 2 hanger ships. as its 4 per hanger; small craft, like fighters are 6 per hanger (12 for 2 hangers); frigate ships are 2 per hanger (4 for 2 hangers).

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Hangar_-_Yellowstone_Runabouts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • ovinspaceovinspace Member Posts: 310
    edited June 2014
    The elite swarmers are also highly rated for pure damage.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,671 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    can you use swarmers and widows on the JHDC? I thought they were bound to their respective carrier
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I do not use the Swarmers, but Widow Fighters are found in the Nukara Rep, and reputation equipment from what I've seen are not ship specific. Mesh Weavers are unique to the Recluse, not the Widow Fighters.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • cchatcchat Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yes, you can use Swarmers in JHDC, but not the one from the mission, is the one from fleet spire. I am using it right now and they are pretty powerful.