test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

kdf is a joke

tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Klingon Discussion
Seriously, what is it with these naked orion toons everywhere in Qonos? Is this is still a video game? Is the "mighty" klingon empire reduced to some cheap brothel? If it's even a klingon empire anymore.

I don't mind a few here and there for the diversity factor, and also considering the fact that kdf is supposed to represent the most "evil" side of the 3 factions, it nevertheless becomes a less believable experience if every silly teenager boy has to infest the whole game with these toons.

What's worse is that a lot of these players stare at and customize their pixelated green women all day without actually doing much of, let's say, stf's. Which adds up more for the already horrid waiting time on kdf exclusive stf's.

Make a fourth faction, for the Orions, outside of the klingon sphere, and the game actually becomes believable again. Otherwise I just won't take The Empire seriously anymore :)
Post edited by tremere12 on

Comments

• latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    cool story
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's obvious why Orions exist in this franchise.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tremere12 wrote: »
    the fact that kdf is supposed to represent the most "evil" side of the 3 factions

There's your problem.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Modestly dressed Orion females are not Orion females.
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There's your problem.

Perhaps, though on the fed side, the predominant race are humans, as it should be, however on kdf klingons less and less so. Hence there needs to be faction changes for a more valid experience.
  • eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Seriously, what is it with these naked orion toons everywhere in Qonos?

<snip>

So... where's the problem? ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2014
    eulifdavis wrote: »
    So... where's the problem? ;)

Consistency.

Klingon honor? lol
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Perhaps, though on the fed side, the predominant race are humans, as it should be, however on kdf klingons less and less so. Hence there needs to be faction changes for a more valid experience.

That's probably because Humans have a decent racial trait. Klingons don't. If they gave Klingons a decent space racial trait, then more people would play Klingons. That is a fact.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Seriously, what is it with these naked orion toons everywhere in Qonos? Is this is still a video game? Is the "mighty" klingon empire reduced to some cheap brothel? If it's even a klingon empire anymore.

I don't mind a few here and there for the diversity factor, and also considering the fact that kdf is supposed to represent the most "evil" side of the 3 factions, it nevertheless becomes a less believable experience if every silly teenager boy has to infest the whole game with these toons.

What's worse is that a lot of these players stare at and customize their pixelated green women all day without actually doing much of, let's say, stf's. Which adds up more for the already horrid waiting time on kdf exclusive stf's.

Make a fourth faction, for the Orions, outside of the klingon sphere, and the game actually becomes believable again. Otherwise I just won't take The Empire seriously anymore :)

I see about the same number of gorn as I see orions and only half the orions I see are traditionalist.

as far as kdf being a joke, you me on the home world, 2 a.m. east time. bring your bat'leth.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It is a poorly kept secret that Orion Females control the Klingon Empire. J'mpok and the Klingon High Council are just puppets to the true leaders of the Klingon Empire.
  • shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    It is a poorly kept secret that Orion Females control the Klingon Empire. J'mpok and the Klingon High Council are just puppets to the true leaders of the Klingon Empire.

Seriously, even some of the lore hints at this.

And yeah, Gorn are everywhere, too. Some are even half-naked!
    edited June 2014
    starkaos wrote: »

Interesting. I wasn't entirely aware of that. In that case, j'mpok and the High council sucks lol
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't mind a few here and there for the diversity factor, and also considering the fact that kdf is supposed to represent the most "evil" side of the 3 factions,

Logic fail. There are only 2 factions, which is why the Romulans have to decide whose [censored] to be. And there are no "evil" playable factions, that's forbidden.

So, could you restate your complaint in a way that makes sense within the current game rather than being from somewhere out in left field? :P
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Interesting. I wasn't entirely aware of that. In that case, j'mpok and the High council sucks lol

This never would have happened under Martok.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
    edited June 2014
    Logic fail. There are only 2 factions, which is why the Romulans have to decide whose [censored] to be. And there are no "evil" playable factions, that's forbidden.

So, could you restate your complaint in a way that makes sense within the current game rather than being from somewhere out in left field? :P

It's a basic clich
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Snipped from the Original Post by Tremere:
    Seriously, what is it with these naked orion toons a lot of these players stare at and customize their pixelated green women all day without actually doing much of, let's say, stf's. Which adds up more for the already horrid waiting time on kdf exclusive stf's. Otherwise I just won't take The Empire seriously anymore.

Dude, seriously? Please feel free to take the Klingon Empire any way you wish. However, do not, not ever, under any circumstances, pretend you can tell other players how to run their toons.

It's quite literally none of your business how we play. Only you can control you. No one else.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
    edited June 2014
    Consistency.

Klingon honor? lol

Klingons do still have honor. That's why there's no [censored] in the streets, what with all the scantily clad women walking around at all hours of the day in what might as well be a very dangerous neighborhood. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2014
    Meh, I wish I could convert my kdf toons to the federation, atleast I'll have a more believable experience there. Otherwise I just can't take the empire seriously, especially under the rule of an inconsistent weakling like J'mpok.
    edited June 2014
    It's a basic clich
    edited June 2014
    Meh, I wish I could convert my kdf toons to the federation, atleast I'll have a more believable experience there. Otherwise I just can't take the empire seriously, especially under the rule of an inconsistent weakling like J'mpok.

I really think you are taking this way too seriously though.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    edited June 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I really think you are taking this way too seriously though.

That "more believable experience" part has me leaning toward another explanation. ;)
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Yes because ESD so does not have lots of half-naked women running around in Mirror Universe costumes....oh wait! :rolleyes:
    edited June 2014
    Yes because ESD so does not have lots of half-naked women running around in Mirror Universe costumes....oh wait! :rolleyes:

Who cares, at least they are mostly human, and the federation doesn't seem as obsessed with so called honor and tradition as the klingons. Consistency is all I ask for.
    edited June 2014
    Who cares, at least they are mostly human, and the federation doesn't seem as obsessed with so called honor and tradition as the klingons. Consistency is all I ask for.

Wait...so...naked women on one side is bad...but on the other side is completely okay? You are confusing me greatly.
    edited June 2014
    Who cares, at least they are mostly human, and the federation doesn't seem as obsessed with so called honor and tradition as the klingons.

Please remember that when I find a way to wear a bikini on ESD. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Not sure if serious, just don't know, or trolling like a boss.

*Watches 20 Terran Empire dressed females run past* I'm willing to say trolling
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This isn't star wars, Klingon aren't evil. Nor do they represent evil.

There are Orion women on Qo'nos because they are part of the Empire now. And Orion women do what they want when they want and to whom they want.
    edited June 2014

Then you ask far too much. The in-game Federation is like Kirk from Star Trekkin'- "We come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, shoot to kill." The only consistency to be found, regardless of faction, is the consistent behavior of players in online games. Said behavior is the source of your "OMG women in bikinis" Orion complaints, and likewise all the attempts of Fed players to create the same on their side of the map.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,844 Arc User
    edited June 2014

1.did you just admit to the forum you are running a hack to make toons naked?

2. convince Cryptic to give us more clothing options for the KDF. then you can complain

3. don't like it? then roll a Romulan so you can b*tch about too many Scimitars

4. Roll a Fed toon so you can whine about too many mirror universe uniforms

5. rinse and repeat because it's clear you are just complaining, because if you were not you would have made a suggestion that MIGHT have made some sense
    Spock.jpg

edited June 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Wait...so...naked women on one side is bad...but on the other side is completely okay? You are confusing me greatly.

Practice what you preach. If you kdf stopped babbling about honor etc. I wouldn't care.
This discussion has been closed.