test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A question: Is the lobi rapid-fire-missiles-launcher affected by projectiles doff?

matrix0matrix0 Member Posts: 261 Arc User
Can any1 who actually has this launcher reply?

Aprreciated
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The Rapid Fire Missile thingie weapon doesn't need the Projectile Weapons Officer DOFF to reduce torp cooldowns for itself. It has easily the fastest projectile firing rate in the game and literally fires almost every second by itself.

However, the missile DOES work alongside the Projectile Weapons Officer DOFF for torp reload cooldowns when fired (chance to happen, not a guaranteed event). It does reduce the cooldown of long cooldown torpedoes when used with the proper DOFFs.

I must warn you though, that the damage from the Rapid Fire Missile Thingie is pitiful. In normal fire, or with a full array of TAC BUFFs like Attack pattern Omega + Alpha, Torp Spread 3, High yield Torpedo 3, etc... the damage is still pitiful.

In Torp Spread, it looks pretty, but the results are terrible.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The Rapid Fire Missile thingie weapon doesn't need the Projectile Weapons Officer DOFF to reduce torp cooldowns for itself. It has easily the fastest projectile firing rate in the game and literally fires almost every second by itself.

However, the missile DOES work alongside the Projectile Weapons Officer DOFF for torp reload cooldowns when fired (chance to happen, not a guaranteed event). It does reduce the cooldown of long cooldown torpedoes when used with the proper DOFFs.

I must warn you though, that the damage from the Rapid Fire Missile Thingie is pitiful. In normal fire, or with a full array of TAC BUFFs like Attack pattern Omega + Alpha, Torp Spread 3, High yield Torpedo 3, etc... the damage is still pitiful.

Wouldn't it disproportionately benefit from procs that fire x% of the time, given the high rate of fire?
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They're decent weapons, but view it as sort of a lower damage, high arc Hargh'peng. If you have a cruiser you don't want to use torpedo skills with it works great. Fast firing, and does extra hull damage when a targets shields are down. A couple of issues I've noticed though. You can only use it in the front arc, and if you want to use it to improve you're refire rate on another torpedo, it can cause problems with things like Torpedo spreads, cause the thing firers so fast they tend to get the upgrade instead of your intended torpedo if you leave it on auto-fire.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• alys0banealys0bane Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you get the Projectile Weapons Officer that gives power to shields, you will constantly have +20 power to your shields which is nice.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    walshicus wrote: »
    Wouldn't it disproportionately benefit from procs that fire x% of the time, given the high rate of fire?

Not enough to be worthwhile to use.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Not enough to be worthwhile to use.

It depends on how you use it. On my Kumari pve torp boat, I fit it to specifically trigger projectile doff. It enables you to fit not 2 but 4 cluster torps on front arc and still hit 1 sec global cd wall. What is supposed to be spike weapon now produces high dps. Result is a stream of a cluster roughly every 3 seconds, for almost 25k dps, which is unheard of for torp boats.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I keep meaning to TS3 it with OKS, but I just never get around to it...
  • jaegernljaegernl Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Huh, I thought a fired cluster torp would put any other cluster torp on a - non-lowerable - 15 second cooldown?
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Devotion Paladin
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I keep meaning to TS3 it with OKS, but I just never get around to it...

I got a D'Kora for my Ferengi tac a while back (yes, yes, I know...) and threw the weapon on it. TS3 with it is one of the awesomest looking attacks in the game, but when you see the damage, you get pretty upset :P
    XzRTofz.gif
    edited May 2014
    I got a D'Kora for my Ferengi tac a while back (yes, yes, I know...) and threw the weapon on it. TS3 with it is one of the awesomest looking attacks in the game, but when you see the damage, you get pretty upset :P

I posted this before, but don't remember to shout 'FIRE ZHE MISSILES' with a German accent every time you do so.
    edited May 2014
    jaegernl wrote: »
    Huh, I thought a fired cluster torp would put any other cluster torp on a - non-lowerable - 15 second cooldown?

That's what I thought for a long time, that clusters have their own shared cd. But apparently not. I did notice sometimes it would go into cd as if fired, without actually firing anything. Not sure if it's related.
    edited May 2014
    noblet wrote: »
    That's what I thought for a long time, that clusters have their own shared cd. But apparently not. I did notice sometimes it would go into cd as if fired, without actually firing anything. Not sure if it's related.

Do you use the Omega Graviton Amplifier, by any chance? I've noticed launching a Cluster torp followed by a 751 damage popping up over the enemy, but the Cluster wasn't anywhere to be seen.

-

Also, I would like to thank you. I might make a lol-Mogh with this. Or just slap it on a Norgh and spin around like a madman. Cluster torp firing disco ball of death, oh YEAH.
    edited May 2014
    jaegernl wrote: »
    Do you use the Omega Graviton Amplifier, by any chance? I've noticed launching a Cluster torp followed by a 751 damage popping up over the enemy, but the Cluster wasn't anywhere to be seen.

-

Also, I would like to thank you. I might make a lol-Mogh with this. Or just slap it on a Norgh and spin around like a madman. Cluster torp firing disco ball of death, oh YEAH.

Yes, and kinetic shearing too. I wasn't looking for it though, might be there, and I just missed it. Cryptic has all kinds of weird bugs going on.
    edited May 2014
    I've bug-reported it, but yeah, whatcha' gonna do?

Easier to test now, too. Remove the trait and see if it still does the disappearing act.
  • matrix0matrix0 Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have a fleet mog with grav torp+photon+2 purple prjectiles doff. My torps r firing at the rate of 2-3s per torp. The whole dyson set give my tac crazy crit+ and torp crit dmg. It's not hard at all to hit 50-60k dps since each torp crit dmg is 25k-34k alone. Sometimes I got more than 70k dps when both torp fired consecutively. The dps is crazy high in a raider while flanking too.

I was thinking getting the missiles to reduce the grav torp cd to 1s. It would be nice if the lobi gears r purple instead of blue.