test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you buy more of the lobi stuff if it was ACCOUNT WIDE?

Comments

• Options
    no09dysonsphereno09dysonsphere Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would if any of the lobi weapons were any good, but they're not - they'd have to be equivalent to rep and fleet gear to justify the cost but right now anyone buying them is being ripped off. The lobi sets seriously need to be looked at; the weapons bumped up to VR at the least and reevaluated to make them actually comparable.
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would if any of the lobi weapons were any good, but they're not - they'd have to be equivalent to rep and fleet gear to justify the cost but right now anyone buying them is being ripped off. The lobi sets seriously need to be looked at; the weapons bumped up to VR at the least and reevaluated to make them actually comparable.

To be honest, apart from a few gimmicks, The Lobi Items are bought for aesthetic Rarity more than anything

Take that Undine Wrist lance, as far as I can tell its roughly similar to the Undine Anti Proton weapons you can buy on the exchange, primary difference is that it fits with the armor visuals

29th century weapons, Again, Gimmicks, and an aesthetic to go with the wells Uniform

Shocktrooper cannon, Aesthetic to go with the Voth Researcher outfit

None of these are serious contenders for the most DPS dealing Ground weapons ( Not that I care, DPS is not my primary concern ) the point is your paying for the (often) Unique appearance of the weapons
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,185 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    To be honest, I started a post earlier, asking about the value of the items. If they were account unlocks, I wouldn't have asked. I would have just bought one of the items that I thought would have been fun to try out. If it didn't work out, I would have used my next character to do a build specifically for it.

I have only one fleet ship. I first got the C-Store version of it. After getting the fleet version, I realized it wasn't worth it. I don't need the increase in shield, or hull. For my skill tree, and play style, that is too small of a difference to matter. Therefore, it makes fleet ships pointless for me since they are not account unlocks.

If the Lobi store items were account unlocks, I would be spending more EC to open lockboxes to get the Lobi to spend.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I know I would.
    Yes, please. Would buy more if it was account wide.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I know I would.

of course we all would. are you asking a question?

the real point in it is, in the long run how many sales would the team get? account wide unlock would effectively mean a 1 time buy and thats it, however if it remained character unlock there is more potential money in it if people are more smarter with that hands and handing over cash then using that mass located just above and behind the sinuses, eyes and spine but just between the scalp.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    probably not. I only go for them when it's part of a character/ship idea and most don't interest me. if there was a way even 1 lobi a day, without needing to open lockboxs, then sure if for no other reason then I could.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    ayradyssayradyss Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I believe yes, I would definitely buy a bit more in the LOBI store, and pop a few lockboxes, if I could get account-wide items. (Especially the clothing.) Sadly, I don't expect it'll ever happen, though I suppose anything's possible.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yup I would definitely buy more if it was account wide. I bought the Voth costume for my main and have 600+ Lobi left from the events.

Not likely to spend it anytime soon..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    eisenshorneisenshorn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think with the minimum amount of time it takes to get 800 lobi together for a ship, it should be.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    donowick wrote: »
    I would rather have fleet ships account wide. But would like more ways of getting lobi crystals though. :)

I was actually thinking about this earlier today... Perhaps as a "sale event" where the boxes drop double the normal amount or some missions that would grant 1-2 Lobis as part of the rewards (like the borg/voth/undine missions do with their rep items).
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nope... lobi as a rule comes from Grab-bags...

Grab bags are lotteries without Publicly accessible odds

lotteries without Publicly accessible odds are evil.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    anazonda wrote: »

publicly accessible odds are lies

lies are evil.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nightken wrote: »
    publicly accessible odds are lies

lies are evil.

I, however, would conjecture that lies are just another person's truths... :P
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    I, however, would conjecture that lies are just another person's truths... :P

I would point out that that not quite right :P

• Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Indeed I've got a lot of lobi for the sale and yet need to now decide what to get on what characters so don't spend it.
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    anazonda wrote: »

so based on this...Lobi IS EVIL :D heheh i love syllogisms :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would support account wide outfits, but not anything else.

account wide ships/guns/etc. would just be silly

though vanity pets would be good for account wide as well ^^
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    so based on this...Lobi IS EVIL :D heheh i love syllogisms :)

Egg-sactly...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It depends on the item I think. The Ships? There's a reason they should remain account wide ~ they'd lose a lot of value otherwise. Costumes and Weapons I'd like to be made bound to account. Consoles I'd say (for the sake of value) remain as they are; character locked.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I agree with the ides of aesthetic items and non-combat pets becoming account-wide unlocks, as well as the idea of other things (i.e. ships) being discounted for other characters on an account once you've purchased one.

This said, I think this store is no place for consumable items - for instance, the Tholian web grenades and rad crystals should be in the Nukara rep store, and the various nanoenergy cells should be player-craftable (that is, added to the recipe pack receivable from 'Boldly They Rode').
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have yet to spend a single Lobi, partly because there is no account-wide unlock. It takes so long to accumulate enough Lobi for just 1 ship, let alone the console sets, that it's a hard decision to commit such a high value to a single character. Of course, many veteran players have now built up their fleets with Lobi ships over a period of years, but a little over 6 months on STO, I'm still not ready to pull the trigger...
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I might, I can't say for sure.

Not that it matters until we can actually get to the Mirror Universe where there's a snowball's chance on Nukara of it actually happening. :cool:
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My answer's the logical answer - no.

If I have eight toons and want Tachyo for each of them, I would have to buy eight of them. If I only had to buy one, then it would be a case of buying seven less.
  • Options
    ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would buy more lobi stuff....... if they removed the lobi store and put all the items in the c-store.... preferably account wide too.
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yes, I would.
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would buy more lobi stuff....... if they removed the lobi store and put all the items in the c-store.... preferably account wide too.

I would love if they did this. They can keep the lock boxes as is with the ships and lock box weapons and what not, but remove the Lobi and put Lobi items in the C-Store.

They would still make money this way. Lobi ships would all be 2500 c points, the weapon sets...hmmm maybe 300 like the current ground weapon set already in the store, costumes 500 and so on.
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    While account wide would be great in all honesty I'd settle for a simple bind to account. I don't like to lock my characters down to specific gear unless it is really amazing or really cheap and the majority of lobi items do not fit either category.

People hate loosing options and will typically make poor decisions that provide more options than an optimal decision that provides fewer options later on. I'd rather let my small stack of lobi sit in my account bank than tie it up in a few specific items on a specific character.
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bareel wrote: »
    While account wide would be great in all honesty I'd settle for a simple bind to account. I don't like to lock my characters down to specific gear unless it is really amazing or really cheap and the majority of lobi items do not fit either category.

People hate loosing options and will typically make poor decisions that provide more options than an optimal decision that provides fewer options later on. I'd rather let my small stack of lobi sit in my account bank than tie it up in a few specific items on a specific character.

I would also be happy with account bound vs account unlock. The price of lobi store items is a little high for my taste and discourages me from buying items to test. If something I bought did not work out for the character I intended it for, it would be nice to use the account bank to trade it to another one. I have not bought a lobi store ship, so I don't know how you would trade ships between characters. Maybe put it back into an account-bound box?
  • Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    donowick wrote: »
    But would like more ways of getting lobi crystals though. :)

That's my issue. I would buy more lobi stuff if I could actually get my hands on lobi. All the lobi I have ever gotten in this game, still won't buy me the ship I want.

I've read posts about the lottery boxes saying don't open them for the prizes. You will just be angry and disappointed. Open them for the lobi and if you do win a prize, all the better. So I thought, ok, there are some big prizes I would like to get, but also some lobi stuff I want, so I will try this approach.

What happens when I break open a 10 pack of keys? 4 lobi - 4 lobi - 4 lobi - 4 lobi - 4 lobi... Ok, so a second mortgage later, maybe I can finally make that purchase.
  • Options
    sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The whole point of Lobi and Lockboxes are too make money. They'd make less money if all this stuff was an account wide unlock.

That said, what if these items were an account wide unlock, but only for lifetimers? Gold subscribers could get a discount on other toons once an item is unlocked.

(Ducks from flames)
    y1arXbh.png