test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Favourite non Star Trek sci fi villain

theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Ten Forward
There has been a thread on favourite trek villains

But who is your favourite non trek sci fi villain?

Mine is Alfred Bester from B5, really well played by Walter Koenig

He is totally unscrupulous in his goals and has been a constant thorn in the side of the B5 command staff
NMXb2ph.png
    "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
    -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    Post edited by theraven2378 on

Comments

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
      edited May 2014
      Vader.

/10char.
    • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
      edited May 2014
      Dr. Emilio Lizardo / Lord John Whorfin
    • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
      edited May 2014
      Gotta agree with the OP's Bester, especially since you can really hear Walter Koenig having an absolute blast playing him. Let's see, who else?

Mitth'raw'nuruodo from the Star Wars EU. Smart, careful, goal-oriented antagonist rather than a one-note "because I'm eeeeevil" villain.

Ba'al from Stargate SG-1. Again, smart, careful, and he actually got to like Earth later on.

Any time the Necrons turn up in the Ciaphas Cain novels, because you can really grok that Cain is scared ****less of them.
      "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
      — Sabaton, "Great War"
      VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
      edited May 2014
      starswordc wrote: »
      Gotta agree with the OP's Bester, especially since you can really hear Walter Koenig having an absolute blast playing him. Let's see, who else?

Mitth'raw'nuruodo from the Star Wars EU. Smart, careful, goal-oriented antagonist rather than a one-note "because I'm eeeeevil" villain.

Ba'al from Stargate SG-1. Again, smart, careful, and he actually got to like Earth later on.

Any time the Necrons turn up in the Ciaphas Cain novels, because you can really grok that Cain is scared ****less of them.

Ba'al and O'Neilll were funny together

The Necron were scary to begin with, nothing is more scarier than a constant moving wall of death attacking in complete silence as they kill you, the Tyranids come in at a close second
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        edited May 2014
        starswordc wrote: »

Ah, good, another Minion of Ba'al (tm)! Did I ever offer you a private planet? I have a metric buttload of nepotism still on my monthly quota, so if you haven't gotten a cushy position yet I can offer you a planet, a pleasure palace, an meal appointment with your favorite author for advice whenever you like, and 5,000 minions, servants, and concubines for your personal use.

Hail Ba'al!

This message was brought to you by Grand Vizier Worffan101, chief lieutenant to Supreme System Lord Ba'al, may he and his clones live forever.

:D
      • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
        edited May 2014
        *gives gift of 5000 Symbiotes to Ba'al*

anyways.... The Symbiotes in Marvel comics are pretty interesting... except Carnage who just needs to die.... permanently.
        -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
        My character Tsin'xing
        Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
      • grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
        edited May 2014
        Asajj Ventress
        say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
      • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
        edited May 2014
      • crabbycabbycrabbycabby Member Posts: 127 Arc User
        edited May 2014
        Berserker's

Scary wall of death indeed.
        Proudly F2P
      • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
        edited May 2014
        Senator Leia Organa, she was part of the rebel alliance, and a traitor!
      • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
        edited May 2014
        The Alex Macqueen regeneration of the Master from Doctor Who, one of the best performances in the role http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130206072638/tardis/images/a/ae/Unit_Dominion_Master.jpg
      • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
        edited May 2014
        In no particular order:
        - Roy Batty
        - HAL 9000
        - Skynet
        - Maximilian
        - Ash

I'm sensing a pattern here.
        16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
        - Anne Bredon
      • xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
        edited May 2014
        Dark Helmet
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      • jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
        edited May 2014
        Jar Jar Binks. He's obviously the SIths pawn. He tries to kill Qui-gon and Obi-Wan by annoying them to death. IT'S A CIS PLOT!!!!!!!!!
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      • ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 421 Arc User
        edited May 2014
        Best Comedy Villain:
        Dr. Emilio Lizardo / Lord John Whorfin
        "Buckroo Banzai: Across the 8th Dimension" (1984)

Best Comic Book Villain:
        The Joker
        "Batman: The Animated Series" (1992-1995) & "The Dark Knight" (2008)

Best Anime Villain:
        Freeza & Cell
        "Dragon Ball Z" (1989-1996)

Best Live-TV Series Villain:
        Lord Zed
        "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" (1993-1995)

Best Cartoon Series Villain:
        Megatron (Predacon) & Megatron (Decepticon)
        "Beast Wars" & "Beast Machines" (1996-1999) & "Transformers: Prime" <- Sorry G-1 Fans, but G-1 Megs didn't appeal to me enough, bad-TRIBBLE wise, to deserve the title. ^^;

Best Horror Movie Villain:
        Freddy Krueger & Jason Voorhees
        "Nightmare on Elms Street" & "Friday the 13th" series

BEST OVERALL VILLAIN IN THE HISTORY OF VILLAINS:
        Darth Vader
        "Star Wars: Episodes IV-VI" (1977-1983)

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

-Myotismon (Digimon Adventure & Digimon 02)

-Sarris (Galaxy Quest)

-Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)

-Galactus (Fantastic Four/Silver Surfer)

-Vemon & Carnage (Spider-Man)

-Bane (The Dark Knight Rises)

-Kagato (Tenchi Muyo!)

-Dr. Evil (Austin Powers)

-Malebolgia & Clown/Violator (Spawn)

-Xenomorph & Yautja (Alien & Predator franchises)

Enough Said.
      • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
        edited May 2014
        sander233 wrote: »
        In no particular order:
        - Roy Batty
        - HAL 9000
        - Skynet
        - Maximilian
        - Ash

I'm sensing a pattern here.

They all either a computer or a synthetic
        NMXb2ph.png
        • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
          edited May 2014
          Scorpius from farscape.

A brilliant and single minded character that had a lot of depth and reason for his actions, that was cruel, calculating and evil and yet often charming and because of the chip in Crichton's brain also allowed him to play a second and sometimes third type of character.
          edited May 2014
          Another one: GLADOS. Excellent villain.
        • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
          edited May 2014
          Scorpius from Farscape.
          Yes indeed, a great villain. If he smiled, he was being his most malevolent.
          screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
        • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
          edited May 2014
          Casanova Frankenstein.
        • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
          edited May 2014
          Magneto.

/if comics count as sci-fi
          ExtxpTp.jpg
          edited May 2014
          iconians wrote: »
          Magneto.

/if comics count as sci-fi

Yeah, they do.

Good choice, BTW. The Master of Magnetism is one of my favorites, and holycrap Sir Ian McKellen's performance is just perfect...

Oh, and I want to add Loki to my list. Dude's just awesome.
        • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,213 Arc User
          edited May 2014
          Thanos.

/10char
          Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
        • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
          edited May 2014
          worffan101 wrote: »
          Yeah, they do.

Good choice, BTW. The Master of Magnetism is one of my favorites, and holycrap Sir Ian McKellen's performance is just perfect...

Oh, and I want to add Loki to my list. Dude's just awesome.

Well duh, it's Sir Ian McKellen, can he do a bad role?
          22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
          Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
          JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
          'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
          'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
          '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
          'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
          '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
        • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
          edited May 2014
          Ba'al, SG1 ...

What's not to like?
          Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
          Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
          Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
          edited May 2014
          artan42 wrote: »
          Well duh, it's Sir Ian McKellen, can he do a bad role?
          Well, no.

He's like Sir Patrick Stewart and George Takei (Order of the Rising Sun, 4th class). A god among us mere mortals.
          anazonda wrote: »
          Ba'al, SG1 ...

What's not to like?

Not much.

Hail Ba'al!

:D
        • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
          edited May 2014
        • lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
          edited May 2014
          His Divine Shadow from the LEXX series :cool:

On second thought even His Divine Shadow can't really hold a candle to Mantrid. Mantrid was the Divine Shadow's former Grand Biovizier. He transferred his intellect to a machine body that was capable of self-replication as well as space flight (a kind of robot arm with a brain in a bubble on top). It eventually consumed the planet creating copies of itself. These then spread thru out the Galaxy devouring everything in their path and eventually consumed the entire Universe... forcing the occupants of the Lexx to flee to an alternate Universe.

Hard to beat that for evil heheheheh...
          *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
        • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
          edited June 2014
          -Sigma (Mexaman X series) - Dude just doesn't know how to stay DEAD! Alot like the Goa'uld.
          -Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik (Sonic series) - Depending on the incarnation, Eggman is actually a dangerous enemy. The Sonic 2k6 version was pretty evil. AoSH Eggman was a joke, getting owned left and right and was just comedy.
          -Diablo (Diablo series) - Evil incarnate. What else is there to say?
          -Arcturus Mengsk (StarCraft series) - Manipulative guy.
          -Karl Bishop Wayland (Aliens vs Predator) - Thinks he owns the Colonial Marines and wants to not only turn the Xenomorphs into bioweapons, he wants Pred tech and is NOT afraid to deploy illegal Combat Sinthetics.
          db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
          I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
          The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
        • zbzznzbzzn Member Posts: 221 Arc User
          edited June 2014
          I would say Leto Atreides II. Although in the long-term he would be considered the saviour of humanity, during his 3,500 year reign the God Emperor was the worst tyrant that the universe had seen.