What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Risa Summer Event

Comments

• Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So with Risian DOFFs ... any chance for Doff Missions on Risa ... maybe rewarding Favors (like the Winter Event) ?

And whats the discount exactly, heard 40 & 400 from different people ...

People who still had the mission queued on Tribble in the test phase for S9 had it set to 40. Whether that gets changed before next week is anyone's guess.
  • Options
    daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Woohoo!

Time to park my ship in orbit of Risa, leaving my crew to twiddle their thumbs whilst their captain goes off on a month long beach party :D

"Number one the ship is yours, I'll be back in a month... Maybe two"
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There wasn't a single thing I wanted for any of my characters in the rewards from the last summer event. Highly doubt it's going to be different this time.

Still, it will make the other hubs a little less disco ball happy, since everyone will be heading to Risa with them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Looks like this is the summer of disappointments for STO...first the rep nerf and now even more arbitrary outfit restrictions. :(

I want to know how many work-hours you put into making the swimsuits less useful?

Bummer. Guess I'll just not buy them.
  • Options
    tlaloconeinfptlaloconeinfp Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just hope the controls for doing the jetpack flying get tweaked, had so much trouble last year that i destroyed a keyboard (klingon style) and gave up.

Chill out pal. 4ME it was like:

1. stage: 'Buying' rental jetpacks(that sucked all right) but was-more or less- good enough for knowing the basics of how to fly the jetpacks-the hard way-. :(:/ XD

2. stage: ASAP i tryed to buy a permanent jetpack each for ALL characters...i don't have to say, my life-in jetpack terms-got easier right away- easier to manouver-faster jetpack-almost ok.

3. stage: I did't bother to get the rare purple jetpacks although i should have done it-perhaps, who knows?! The green 'type' perment jetpacks was the quality type i got used to; although the purple ones are probably faster and more manoueverable!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po1GUcxSqyo&hd=1

4. stage: The conclusion: If ya wanna get easy on keyboard bashing get the purple quality jetpack, but the green quality will be ok too; and last but not least train your characters using the jetpack by hiting proper keyboard buttons!XD :)That is all pal, problems solved! ;) : D Have a nice emegency power to Risa everone! HOORAY! Party alot and prosper XD!
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Didn't do the summer event last year and after flying a rental jetpack at the beach party a few weeks ago I won't be doing this as it will be to much of a grind for something I found real boring. A jetski race over the water would be more exciting and more fitting with a beach enviorment.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited May 2014
    But formal dresses and tuxedo's appearantly do fall under the uniform code? :rolleyes:

Sorry but this is by far the silliest excuse for restricting swimsuits to Risa.
    And quite frankly, are Orion Bikini's and Mirror Universe outfits really regulation outfits? :rolleyes:

I agree especially seeing how Orions can wear them all over the game right now

Add a personale officer a security officer to Risa and let the swimwear be worn there all year long.............will be no reason to go to esd except for a ship[
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »
    I agree especially seeing how Orions can wear them all over the game right now
    Those aren't bikinis, those are Orion uniforms.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited May 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Those aren't bikinis, those are Orion uniforms.
    \\\\\

Ok I'll split the Hair down the middle........Here is your 1/2
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Interested to see what special that geologist has and if/how that special trait influences things like mining. Give us the next blog already.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    calamaraincalamarain Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes there will be more blogs soon.

You can still get the Eggs in the Event Store. Just make sure your feather Monkeys don't eat them :)

~CaptainSmirk

I hear those eggs go particularly well with bacon
  • Options
    bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ends July 17??? Hope that's a typo, as far as I know summer runs through august, at least last years event ran through August or halfway through, come on cryptic don't cheat us out of one of he most anticipated events. :(
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bannon3 wrote: »
    Ends July 17??? Hope that's a typo, as far as I know summer runs through august, at least last years event ran through August or halfway through, come on cryptic don't cheat us out of one of he most anticipated events. :(

Last years event also started 3 weeks later ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited May 2014

The Yacht is pretty neat. It even has sails :)

~CaptainSmirk

Now I REALLY can't see one fightin a Borg cube..... :confused:

Do the sails unfurl and let loose a gigantic blast of thaleron radiation, thus killing everything a light year infront of it? :D (Me hopes)...

Does it have a death sail sequence ? (crosses fingers)
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wow !

Sand sculptures, swim suits and boogie boards ! Cool !

That ship looks interesting.... Can't see one fightin a cube in an STF, but.... let's see the stats.:rolleyes:
    I can see it fighting a cube if they cube decides to attack. They want to assimilate Emergency Power to Party.
    So with Risian DOFFs ... any chance for Doff Missions on Risa ... maybe rewarding Favors (like the Winter Event) ?

And whats the discount exactly, heard 40 & 400 from different people ...
    I hadn't even thought about that. It would give us the opportunity to send our crews on leave.
    daboholic wrote: »
    Woohoo!

Time to park my ship in orbit of Risa, leaving my crew to twiddle their thumbs whilst their captain goes off on a month long beach party :D

"Number one the ship is yours, I'll be back in a month... Maybe two"

Me too man, I pretty much put my crew and fleet on leave and chill.

The crew does go on leave though, I mean seriously Risa is covered in tropical islands, if you knew your boss was on one would you go there. Though I do wish we had the option of bringing an officer down like on New Romulus.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Replenishes your crew with the crew of your enemy. Because of the fabulous party atmosphere created by the DOFF, the enemy crew transports over and joins your crew in droves.

This powers effect is doubled when on the active duty roster of the Risan luxury liner.

Slotted Risa Swimwear and Risa Captain's outfits further double the effect.
    Emergency power to party could have various effects depending on the enemy ship:
    - Borg ship-> Ship gets assimilated
    - Undine ship -> Crew members weak at partying get killed by the strong ones
    - Borg ship and Undine ship in a row -> bar-fight between Undine and Borg crews
    - Iconian Dreadnought -> Iconian Doff reward... who proceeds to continously turn all crew members against each other
    - Koren's ship -> Audio of Captain Koren whining about anything looping for hours
    - Voth ship -> Doctrine's Witnesses on board
    - Cardassian ship -> Cardie crew keeps insisting there are 5 party lights
    - Dominion ship -> Crew is DOA, they reclaim their life at party
    - Zdenia -> Baritone Obisek sings
    - Enterprise no bloody A, B, C, D, E or F -> Star Trekkin' in a loop
    - Trendy's ship -> Ship gets bacon shipment
    - Worf -> "I am not a merry man!"
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    FYI, Massively just posted a bunch of exclusive screenshots, including the swimwear and monkeys....
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ...The conclusion: If ya wanna get easy on keyboard bashing get the purple quality jetpack, but the green quality will be ok too...
    Agreed. I remember last year, trying out the Rental Floaters and thinking they were terrible. I upgraded to the Standard Floaters as quickly as I could and found those a wise investment at their 50 Lohlunat Favor price. I did get an Enhanced Floater for one toon and it was better, but not worth 500 favors (ie they weren't even close to 10 times better), so I didn't bother getting any more of them.

However, my main character bought a Superior Floater, and while I wouldn't feel right recommending anyone pay 1,000 Favors for one, it really was far superior in every fashion, having exceptional acceleration, speed, and maneuverability.

To put it another way, The Standards were acceptable and got the job done with no complaints. I got good at using them, no chore at all. The Superior Floater was fun! I quite enjoyed swooping down to my destination, cutting off the engines, scanning, and zipping quickly away to the next stop. It literally could fly circles around the other floaters. I'm looking forward to flying it again. :cool:

Another thing for the flight-challenged, don't forget to get (and regularly use!) a Lohlunat Tribble. Their speed/inertia buff is significant and helpful.

Edit to add:
    jaturnley wrote: »
    FYI, Massively just posted a bunch of exclusive screenshots, including the swimwear and monkeys....
    Here's a link for all's convenience:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/05/30/star-trek-online-shows-off-this-years-summer-festival/

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited May 2014

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/05/30/star-trek-online-shows-off-this-years-summer-festival/

• Options
    edited May 2014
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    I have to say, that pic of what I presume is the feather monkey doesn't make it look like it has feathers at all... :confused:

>shrug<

Cute though. Look forward to having a few.

:cool:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I have to say, that pic of what I presume is the feather monkey doesn't make it look like it has feathers at all... :confused:

>shrug<

Cute though. Look forward to having a few.

:cool:

It's covered in them, you can just only see it at the wrists. There's only so much you can do with reskinning the muagtu.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Set phasers to party!

...Wait.... NO!

Awww! I got all excited about rainbow weapons that make party sounds when fired for nothing. :(
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Agreed. I remember last year, trying out the Rental Floaters and thinking they were terrible. I upgraded to the Standard Floaters as quickly as I could and found those a wise investment at their 50 Lohlunat Favor price. I did get an Enhanced Floater for one toon and it was better, but not worth 500 favors (ie they weren't even close to 10 times better), so I didn't bother getting any more of them.

However, my main character bought a Superior Floater, and while I wouldn't feel right recommending anyone pay 1,000 Favors for one, it really was far superior in every fashion, having exceptional acceleration, speed, and maneuverability.

To put it another way, The Standards were acceptable and got the job done with no complaints. I got good at using them, no chore at all. The Superior Floater was fun! I quite enjoyed swooping down to my destination, cutting off the engines, scanning, and zipping quickly away to the next stop. It literally could fly circles around the other floaters. I'm looking forward to flying it again. :cool:

Another thing for the flight-challenged, don't forget to get (and regularly use!) a Lohlunat Tribble. Their speed/inertia buff is significant and helpful.

Edit to add:
    Here's a link for all's convenience:

I found that maneuvering any floater by using the mouse holding the left and right made for a much better experience.

The nice thing is that I won't have to buy a new floater this year, though the surfboards are gonna be the focus now. I got a superior for all 4 of my characters and I'm not looking back.

I'm surprised they don't have a queued event like the Gingerbread town this year, but considering all they've got I supposed they didn't have the time for something like that.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    It's covered in them, you can just only see it at the wrists. There's only so much you can do with reskinning the muagtu.
    Oh, yah. I get it. I didn't mean to say it was bad work, maybe just a bad sample picture. In other words, the feathers don't really seem to stand out in that picture as one might expect of them for things called "feather monkey pets", but as you say, there's only so much you can do with a reskin.

It's quite possible they will look more feather-y in-game.

Either way, they look neat/cute, is all I'm sayin'.

:P

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    brings another meaning to "rainbow cruisers" xD.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Seems its going to be a nice event.
    And the Cruiser looks cool.
    Altho I dunno, I would love to be able to take off and "land" that thing like an old hydroplane :D
    Or at least to sail it lol
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Four thing:

1) Emergency Power to Party... does this share a global cooldown with other Emergency Power abilities? I suppose current cooldowns allow you to jet around alternating Emergency Power to Engines and Emergency Power to Party screaming "WOOOOOO!!!"... never mind, I'll be fine. [EDIT] Erm, moment of genius there... the ability comes from doffs, so it's either a proc or a bonus to Emergency Power abilities, in all likelihood. That actually makes it even better: we can run around with an Emergency Power to Weapons/Engines AND Party!

If only for the humor value, I love this doff. And to those that eventually ask to nerf Emergency Power to Party... we will fight for our new doff! ;)

2) I'm surprised nobody referenced Castles Made of Sand... whatever, I win the "Let Jimi Take Over" accolade. No, I didn't mean it like that, Captain Banana Hammock. And keep your parenting advice to yourself. Though, are there any plans to introduce The Todd as a playable race, so the Federation can have its own scantily clad species? Oh man, the whole Risian Swimsuit controversy is going to be funny. :D

3) Speaking of which, our swimwear only applies on Risa, like the old Floaters? I guess what happens on Risa, stays on Risa, yes?

4) Since I'm sure there are already several U.S.S. Minnow Corvettes flying about, I hereby lay claim to the I.K.S. Three Hour Tour designation for my upcoming Luxury Cruiser. Actually, here's hoping it doesn't turn like a Vo'quv and actually justify that designation...
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    I'm outraged! That's discriminative towards men. Female characters get usual bikinis as per Massively's pics, males should get a CANON gold speedo! (Not sure myself if I mean this or if I'm joking, probably both at once.) And I hate shorts.
    With Captain Picard Day coming up soon too! :mad:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    Well, despite me hating apes and primates overall, that 'feather monkey' isn't looking that bad.

However:
    I'm outraged! That's discriminative towards men. Female characters get usual bikinis as per Massively's pics, males should get a CANON gold speedo! (Not sure myself if I mean this or if I'm joking, probably both at once.) And I hate shorts.

And Smirk, please use the blogs to post nice pics as well, not just the minimalistic little 600x200 'icons'.

Why did I suddenly get a fear of people making their characters fat and wearing speedos.

Frankly I can't really oppose them on this one. Wearing Speedos is boldly going where no man should ever go! :eek:

I don't know a woman who approves of speedos. At least outside of a strip club.

Besides I doubt Cryptic wants to deal with moose knuckle issues.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Why did I suddenly get a fear of people making their characters fat and wearing speedos.

Frankly I can't really oppose them on this one. Wearing Speedos is boldly going where no man should ever go! :eek:

I don't know a woman who approves of speedos. At least outside of a strip club.

Besides I doubt Cryptic wants to deal with moose knuckle issues.

What can I say? Myself, I do wear speedos for swimming and was very much looking forward to using it on my male chars. And I'm growing fearful about the presence/absence of single piece woman swimsuits like Jadzia wore on Risa.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!