test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would like to see my armour

prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
I love the fact that we can mix n match kit looks on our characters and that, when we choose, we can bee seen wearinf our EV suits (even tho EVERY EV suit besides the Dyson one makes my head completely disappear. Anyone else?) but what about allowing us to be seen in our armour?

I just picked up some nice purple armor from the lobi store and would love to see what it actually looks like. With weapons there is a little eye icon to make them visible/invisible on the character and I thought there was one for armoue as well, but I don't see it. Am I just missing it or has it been removed?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
Post edited by prierin on

Comments

• Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,610 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    you select it in the tailor now
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    you select it in the tailor now
    Unfortunately some of the color palettes are wonky on some of the armor parts, so If you want to get your armor in the same color schemes as they were pre-update. I specifically remember Adapted MACO having some rather noticeable helmet color palette issues that prevent the helmet from looking remotely like it did with the old 'enable armor visuals' feature we used to have. Granted, we can use MACO/Omega/Honor Guard tailor parts on our Bridge offciers now, so it kinda evens out.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Unfortunately some of the color palettes are wonky on some of the armor parts, so If you want to get your armor in the same color schemes as they were pre-update. I specifically remember Adapted MACO having some rather noticeable helmet color palette issues that prevent the helmet from looking remotely like it did with the old 'enable armor visuals' feature we used to have. Granted, we can use MACO/Omega/Honor Guard tailor parts on our Bridge offciers now, so it kinda evens out.

Hmm... okay. So I can go into theTailor and select the armour by name from the dropdown? The n even alter the color scheme? Am I reading this correctly?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You remember how you get Omega/MACO etc clothing sets for your captain before? it's pretty much the same thing now, except Cryptic opened up the availability of those sets to your bridge officers as well now, and added the mundane armor and kit parts to the tailor as uniform options as well. So overall-much more customizability, we just lost the ability to toggle visuals on and off from the character equipment screens.
  • Options
    pegasuscicpegasuscic Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    In the tailor you can choose an armor option for your captain or boffs. Like most have said more customizable. And, as it has always been, you can set various outfits for your captain and just toggle between them to show your armor or regular uniform/outfit, by right clicking your captain's picture. I wish they had done this for Boff though. Right now, if I want my boff in armor for ground, then I have to choose it in the tailor and then I'm stuck until I get to the tailor again to change back. I don't think Boffs need a bunch of slots like captains, but I think 2 would be good just in case you're like me and like them to wear their "uniform" on the bridge and armor on the ground.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    pegasuscic wrote: »
    In the tailor you can choose an armor option for your captain or boffs. Like most have said more customizable. And, as it has always been, you can set various outfits for your captain and just toggle between them to show your armor or regular uniform/outfit, by right clicking your captain's picture. I wish they had done this for Boff though. Right now, if I want my boff in armor for ground, then I have to choose it in the tailor and then I'm stuck until I get to the tailor again to change back. I don't think Boffs need a bunch of slots like captains, but I think 2 would be good just in case you're like me and like them to wear their "uniform" on the bridge and armor on the ground.

This has my support, I have enough Surplus Officers on my Main character to get around this, I have some dressed for ship duty and the other dressed for Ground Duty ( Omega force, Its a full tactical team ) And If I go on a diplomatic mission I'll take my regular duty uniform guys

BUT I'm sure as hell not doing this for all characters, So i'd love a Two costume system for Bridge officers
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So let me see if I'm following.......we used to be able to toggle the armor visuals on/off by simply hitting K and bringing up the character/ship stats screen.

The update took that away and now makes us go to a tailor in order to do the exact same thing. Is that right or am I missing something?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    khreg wrote: »
    So let me see if I'm following.......we used to be able to toggle the armor visuals on/off by simply hitting K and bringing up the character/ship stats screen.

The update took that away and now makes us go to a tailor in order to do the exact same thing. Is that right or am I missing something?

Pretty much what Khreg said... that's my overall quesiton too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ayradyssayradyss Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, sort of. With the armor pieces moved into the tailor, you can now basically create your own armor look by mixing and matching pieces and you have a lot more control over the coloring of it (generally speaking). It's a more versatile system than the simple toggle to show or hide the prefab armor looks. The trade-off for that versatility means it takes a bit more work and a costume slot to make said custom armor.

One thing of note: Though the little 'eye' button has been removed, I believe it's still possible to right-click on equipped armor and choose to enable/disable the armor appearance -- the same functionality that the little 'eye' provided. (At least, it's possible on -some- armors. I don't know for certain if it's available for all.)
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I really really hope you guys are just kidding around. No one believes you have to go to the tailor to hide your armor visuals, correct?

Sigh. OK, I did not want to do this, but here goes.

Click on this link to IMGUR:http://imgur.com/gallery/7nW4G

In the first image, you can see my boff Valaris has her armor showing. In the next image, you can see how hovering my mouse over her pic in the Character Status window. You can see there is are options to choose from. One of them is Disable Visuals.

Click on Enable or Disable Visuals OUTSIDE of the Tailor to change your BOff's looks.

You're Welcome, in advance. Or just send me a million EC for the time I just saved you.

Tanis@ThetaNine
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    thetanine wrote: »
    I really really hope you guys are just kidding around. No one believes you have to go to the tailor to hide your armor visuals, correct?

In the first image, you can see my boff Valaris has her armor showing. In the next image, you can see how hovering my mouse over her pic in the Character Status window. You can see there is are options to choose from. One of them is Disable Visuals.

Click on Enable or Disable Visuals OUTSIDE of the Tailor to change your BOff's looks.

You're Welcome, in advance. Or just send me a million EC for the time I just saved you.

Tanis@ThetaNine

Did not know this, but am eager to check it out.

Cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Tanis@ThetaNine
    You realize that only works with EV suits though, right?

For example: You can't 'enable visuals' on your Adapted MACO armor and have your boff wearing Adapted MACO armor-you have to go to the tailor and manually build up a Adapted MACO costume.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The other thing, as I stated earlier, is when wearing EV suits OTHER than the Dyson one, only the lower hald of the suit appears, my torso is unchanged and my head disappears, replaced by a free-floating light. :confused:

I'd like to see what this new amrour looks like (it was worth 200 lobi, after all). Does the solution you've mentioned above, thetanine, work on any armour or just EV suits?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You realize that only works with EV suits though, right?

For example: You can't 'enable visuals' on your Adapted MACO armor and have your boff wearing Adapted MACO armor-you have to go to the tailor and manually build up a Adapted MACO costume.
    prierin wrote: »
    The other thing, as I stated earlier, is when wearing EV suits OTHER than the Dyson one, only the lower hald of the suit appears, my torso is unchanged and my head disappears, replaced by a free-floating light. :confused:

I'd like to see what this new amrour looks like (it was worth 200 lobi, after all). Does the solution you've mentioned above, thetanine, work on any armour or just EV suits?

Catoblepas says yes on EV suits, and no on other armor. He's probably right. TRY it out!
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You can see the Solanae Sentinel Environmental Suit here: http://imgur.com/a/319Vv#0 This is the "Black" armor. Click the GEAR in the upper right hand corner to see the pics in full rez.

Here are the others (200 Lobi): http://imgur.com/a/8qnTi#0
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    comdrivercomdriver Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    on your captain you can create few armor/uniform visuals at tailor and then change them anywhere by right clicking your portrait and selecting "change outfit".
    would be great if we could create at least 2 visuals for our BOFFs and change them same way
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You can see the Solanae Sentinel Environmental Suit here: http://imgur.com/a/319Vv#0 This is the "Black" armor. Click the GEAR in the upper right hand corner to see the pics in full rez.
    Here are the others (200 Lobi): http://imgur.com/a/8qnTi#0
    Unless of course you have a Romulan Toon, and you use Shoulder Pads with "Drapes", then sadly you just end up with no body, and just a helmet ...
    comdriver wrote: »
    on your captain you can create few armor/uniform visuals at tailor and then change them anywhere by right clicking your portrait and selecting "change outfit".
    would be great if we could create at least 2 visuals for our BOFFs and change them same way

I agree, they gave us all extra Costume Slots, so it would be nice if they gave our BoFF's at least 2 slots as well ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png