test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Space Ability Tray keeps resetting/changing on its own

trv13trv13 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
My space ability trays sometimes randomly reset. All the time I spent setting up my abilities gets thrown away for no reason. The abilities in the tray are just randomized, nothing resembles the way I had it.
Post edited by trv13 on

Comments

• edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is somethig really bad and irritating. There is already a post about it. Happens to me as well, since i started playing 3 months ago. Cant believe these issues are present after 3 years. But, its cryptic, u cant do anything about it.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It does that whenever you get a new ship. And yes, it is quite annoying.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »

It does it when you get a new ship, when you change ships, when you change Boffs, (reported as happening on leaving STFs, a few times on map changes, changing characters. and changing equipment.)

But since this is just a gameplay annoyance bug it is very low priority. Seems like by the posts in other threads getting the words "Material Files Reloaded" to stop showing up on Loading screens is WAY more important than actually fixing a bug that actually effects gameplay.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »

It does it when you discharge a ship. Apparently the trays are just tied, numerically, to the order in which your ship is listed (tray 5 for ship Nr. 5). Yes, I know, it's idiotic, but there it is. (And the synic in me says they'll never fix it for that reason: so you'll just buy new ship slots, instead of discharging the old).

After the first week of the release of this game, it should have come with save/load buttons, along with those for ship loadout/boffs/doffs. Neither exists yet, either. Sad, but there it is.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • trv13trv13 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Okay, thanks for the info. At least I know its not just me. I was really confused because I noticed it right after I logged in so I couldn't give a more accurate description of the issue as I didn't know the cause. I did delete a ship the other day so maybe that was it.

I hope they fix this issue, it keeps cropping up. I'm a game programmer and I can't imagine that fixing this would be very difficult.
  • shadolokshadolok Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It happens when discharging or buying a new ship. This bug will never get fixed, it's been here for a very long time. Cryptic wants you to live with it. Live with it or leave, there is no middle ground for them unfortunately.
    :mad:
  • thegreyw0lfthegreyw0lf Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    (Necro time)

I have issues with this as well. Mainly happens when I switch from Ground to Space. Becomes a huge hassle when I'm quickly having to reset my tray while I'm getting fired at, since most of the abilities (cloak and person skills) just go poofing off into nonexistence.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    (Necro time)

I have issues with this as well. Mainly happens when I switch from Ground to Space. Becomes a huge hassle when I'm quickly having to reset my tray while I'm getting fired at, since most of the abilities (cloak and person skills) just go poofing off into nonexistence.

Next time, read the master index instead of necro'ing a thread from earlier this year.

/Closed
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.