test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Transfer changeling spy to starbase.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Okay. 250% critical reward bonus. Base 129 espionage points. Base 5 dilithium. What possible reason could anyone have to do this assignment, let alone sacrifice a purple doff to get the maximum chance of a critical success? Seriously, what's the point?

I'm testing it out on a completely useless purple caitian advisor who manages to pull off being aggressive, emotional, unruly and unscrupulous. All traits that are the exact opposite of what a useful advisor should have.

There had better be some kind of hidden reward for this assignment like a whole warehouse full of strange alien artifacts or I'll nominate this one as the most useless assignment in the game.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Okay. 250% critical reward bonus. Base 129 espionage points. Base 5 dilithium. What possible reason could anyone have to do this assignment, let alone sacrifice a purple doff to get the maximum chance of a critical success? Seriously, what's the point?

I'm testing it out on a completely useless purple caitian advisor who manages to pull off being aggressive, emotional, unruly and unscrupulous. All traits that are the exact opposite of what a useful advisor should have.

There had better be some kind of hidden reward for this assignment like a whole warehouse full of strange alien artifacts or I'll nominate this one as the most useless assignment in the game.

There's another strange one along those lines as well, one where you do a "prisoner exchange" with the Dominion. For some reason it wants you to sacrifice the DOffs that you got during 2800. I am puzzled as to why this is the case. There seem to be very few DOff missions worth sacrificing the DOff for outright, IMO.

I used it on a Colonist. While this may have not been very economical, I've gathered quite a few so the loss of one wasn't much of a hinderence, and, well, I'd rather it be someone useless than an actual crew member. We'll see what happens.
    edited April 2012
    And as predicted, upon completion there are no special rewards. The silliest part is that it was a purple rarity assignment. Still, a worthless assignment coded by someone completely out of touch with what doff assignments should be.
    edited April 2012
    Dumkopfs....

The idea behind Changeling spy is to get rid of doffs you don't want anymore.

The Dominion prisoner exchange is for Doffs gotten from the Facility 4028 chain. These are prisoners that have dominion races and a special trait that demonstrates their status.
    edited April 2012
    marhawkman wrote: »
    The Dominion prisoner exchange is for Doffs gotten from the Facility 4028 chain. These are prisoners that have dominion races and a special trait that demonstrates their status.

That has nothing to do with this thread.
    Dumkopfs....

Funny, you can get rid of any doffs at blue quality or lower for better quality doffs and a good chunk of recruitment XP at spacedock. Therefore this useless changeling spy assignment might only be useful for getting rid of purple quality doffs. Unfortunately, it is much better to SELL THEM ON THE EXCHANGE SO YOU GET SOMETHING OF VALUE.

Dummkopf.
    edited April 2012
    you can use whites.... if you queue all of the recruit missions at SFA you get around 20 free doffs every few days(most of them white). Can you use them all in the 5 to 1 trades? sure. but you get almost no xp from those(and it costs dilithium) and this only takes 1 doff instead of 5. Do you get doffs in return? no, but, again, it only takes one white for this assignment. Also, the math trade mission gives random types of doffs. You never know when it might give you a Caitian entertainer whose only trait is aggressive. :p
    edited April 2012
    you can use whites.... if you queue all of the recruit missions at SFA you get around 20 free doffs every few days(most of them white). Can you use them all in the 5 to 1 trades? sure. but you get almost no xp from those(and it costs dilithium) and this only takes 1 doff instead of 5. Do you get doffs in return? no, but, again, it only takes one white for this assignment. Also, the math trade mission gives random types of doffs. You never know when it might give you a Caitian entertainer whose only trait is aggressive. :p

If I'm going to sacrifice a DOff, I'd rather do it for the 75 dilithium or the EC I can get on the Exchange than a relatively small amount of experience I can get with other missions that will probably not lose me a DOff. This is especially so considering some missions are now offering 1K or more experience.
    edited April 2012
    you do know that this mission gives dilithium?
    edited April 2012
    wrong thread :o
    edited April 2012
    The purpose of this assignment seems to be to encourage players to read assignment descriptions, i guess. Now an assignment for rehabilitation of falsely occused DOFFs needs to be introduced. :(
    edited April 2012
    Woril wrote: »
    The purpose of this assignment seems to be to encourage players to read assignment descriptions, i guess. Now an assignment for rehabilitation of falsely occused DOFFs needs to be introduced. :(

Iirc, the yellow text warning that you lose a doff on this mission requires a scroll-down. I learned the hard way by losing a blue or purple post-facto. heretic, can you adjust the mission text to make this even more apparent, or change te rewards accordingly so the reward at least has a chance to give something back?
  • haxmagixhaxmagix Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Dumkopfs....

But why would anyone do that when they can:

A: use unwanted 'Common' doffs on embassy, star base , etc,., upgrades.
    B: Exchange unwanted doffs at the academy for more usefull doffs.
    C: Sell unwanted doffs in the exchange.

Too many reasons to list as to why I personally would not want to get rid of an unwanted doff this way for a lousy 500 Dilithium wich after dailies you can't even refine.

Hey hey now!

BAD ZOMBIE BAD GO BACK TO THE GROUND!

Seriously folks, if a thread hasn't been responded to in 30 days please don't bring it back up :( If you feel you need to continue the thread by all means make a new one! :)

/Closed ~Askray
This discussion has been closed.