test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elachi on Enterprise

depc101depc101 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
Was watching Enterprise today and didn't realise the Elachi were in a episode "Silent Enemy".
Same looking ship and weapon effect even the c.g.i aliens look spot on.
I'm sure lot of people all ready know but u might like to watch the episode. :cool:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Silent_Enemy_%28episode%29
vqpJOX.gif
Post edited by depc101 on

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    And the aliens from the Schisms episode from TNG are in Sphere of Influence. It is also believed that the Schisms aliens built the Solanae Dyson Sphere and were forced into subspace due to an accident in the Dyson Sphere. There is also the SOLANae and SOLANogen-based lifeform connection. The Elachi and Silent Enemy connection was know since they came out.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Where did you think Cryptic got the ideas lol? i loved that episode, btw. They were called "Shroomie" instead Elachi by then, i always knew em with that name, until i saw "Elachi" in STO lol. They were even scary in that episode.
  • Options
    zbzznzbzzn Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I believe you can also see the silhouettes of the solanogen lifeforms in the end cutscene when completing the tier 5 New Romulus mission in the ruins.
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    zbzzn wrote: »
    I believe you can also see the silhouettes of the solanogen lifeforms in the end cutscene when completing the tier 5 New Romulus mission in the ruins.

Those are Iconians and Dewans.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That was a great episode, though I wish they had gone with something else for the B-story. :rolleyes:
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Those are Iconians and Dewans.

Ahh. From what can be seen of the solanogen lifeforms, they look similarly shaped to the Dewan silhouettes.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    They look similar to me, especially the head shape, but it's hard to tell with the hoods.

Weren't the Dewans just the Iconians who settled on Dewa? That's what I always thought from the TNG episode that mentioned them.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    They look similar to me, especially the head shape, but it's hard to tell with the hoods.

Weren't the Dewans just the Iconians who settled on Dewa? That's what I always thought from the TNG episode that mentioned them.

In STO, the Dewans are their own species. A servitor race to the Iconians, which conquered their world (Mol'Rihan nowadays).

In TNG, Dewan was referred to as an Iconian language, afair.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    In STO, the Dewans are their own species. A servitor race to the Iconians, which conquered their world (Mol'Rihan nowadays).

In TNG, Dewan was referred to as an Iconian language, afair.

Ok, that makes sense then.

I'm going to have to replay that mission. I was thinking they were offshoots, like the Romulans.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Ok, that makes sense then.

I'm going to have to replay that mission. I was thinking they were offshoots, like the Romulans.

Hm. That's actually a possibility. I don't think it is strictly stated that they aren't.
    But it isn't implicated, either. Just that they were slaves.
    Whether they are an offshoot, were cloned/bred or are just another species isn't made clear. I just asumed that they were a conquered species, since they look very differently from Iconians.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    yeah, the origin of the Dewans in never elaborated on, in fact it's possible that the linguistic similarity has a rather sinister reason. It's possible that the Dewans were a prewarp race before they were subjugated by the Iconians. Thus they adopted a variant of the Iconian language because theirs was too primitive to express the concepts the Iconians tought them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just throwing this out there: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Dewan
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,103 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wonder if its just coincidence that the Iconians (Surface Tension) and the Dewans (Or at least the wildlife) have 6 eyes.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!