test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Venture Skin for Nebula Class

mycetrapmycetrap Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Federation Discussion
I was talking to my fleet mates, and they all agree. It would be nothing short of awesome to have a new starship costume for Nebula class starships in the same style as the Venture. After all, the Galaxy's Monarch is analogous to the Nebula's Magellan.

While we're at it -- and I know this isn't strictly cannon, but STO deviates so much from that already -- let's throw some nice red impulse grilles on all these great Nebula starships out there.

I welcome your feedback on both of my suggestions!
Post edited by mycetrap on

Comments

• admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,561 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Venture can work but I want Phoenix as an option to
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Venture can work but I want Phoenix as an option to

I want the Phoenix pod as well. And while they are at it, I want to see the Celestial and Envoy skins added as options for the Nebula as well. Hell, I would even pay zen for it.
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There's quite a few things I'd like for the Nebula.

Venture skin, of course.

I'd like a hull variant based on the studio model design (the Nebula in game is based on the CGI model, which was different).

I'd like the Phoenix pod (compatable with with the more conventional single pylon mountings, as well as the double pylon it was seen with on screen).

I'd like an Ambassador skin for it.

I'd like a variant with a torpedo pod, instead of a sensor pod.
  • mycetrapmycetrap Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    davidwford wrote: »
    I want the Phoenix pod as well. And while they are at it, I want to see the Celestial and Envoy skins added as options for the Nebula as well. Hell, I would even pay zen for it.

The Phoenix pod would be a great cannon addition, as I think it was the original nebula pod. I neglected to mention Celestial and Envoy skins because I rarely see anyone wearing them. Nevertheless, your suggestion makes sense. I too would pay zen for a Phoenix pod and Venture skin. Let's not forget about that Venture skin!
    edited May 2014
    capnmanx wrote: »
    There's quite a few things I'd like for the Nebula.

Venture skin, of course.

I'd like a hull variant based on the studio model design (the Nebula in game is based on the CGI model, which was different).

I'd like the Phoenix pod (compatable with with the more conventional single pylon mountings, as well as the double pylon it was seen with on screen).

I'd like an Ambassador skin for it.

I'd like a variant with a torpedo pod, instead of a sensor pod.

I really like your idea for the studio model hull. You're of course talking about the hull that looks more like a bowhead whale's mouth than a classic Galaxy-style hull, right?
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mycetrap wrote: »
    I really like your idea for the studio model hull. You're of course talking about the hull that looks more like a bowhead whale's mouth than a classic Galaxy-style hull, right?

Yep. Always liked that version better.
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Give it all the skins possible. More variety is better.
    edited May 2014
    I suppose there's no way ever to tell when our wishful thinking is noticed and considered.
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No, there's not. It's like playing darts, while drunk, hanging upside down, and blindfolded. You simply throw in the general direction and hope something sticks with the devs.
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited May 2014
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I support all skins. Why not?

I am not sure you should say that out loud.. :eek: