test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    callevista wrote: »
    We are currently reworking the bare skin options across the board for all character types. (In fact, I was just discussing the Trill neck seam yesterday with one of my fellow character artists.) In our transition to this newer bare skin plan, some of the existing assets have not yet been updated. But rest assured, we are working on it.

I hope this fixes the plastic looking feet on cats using Beachcomber. The fur on the feet are a different color and looked sowed on. I think it does this to Gorn also since they use a special skin texture.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    We are currently reworking the bare skin options across the board for all character types. (In fact, I was just discussing the Trill neck seam yesterday with one of my fellow character artists.) In our transition to this newer bare skin plan, some of the existing assets have not yet been updated. But rest assured, we are working on it.

Incidentally, the male Go-Go dancer on Numbus III in Hassan the Undying's club has a set of lines going across his lower abdomen. It's clearly where the normal underwear line would be, but because he's wearing even skimpier clothing in this instance, the way the skin texture is applied obviously causes an issue there.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    But rest assured, we are working on it.

ROFL... you forgot to add in working as intended :)

We don't rest well when it comes to broken STO stuff lol.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I don't know why it excites me to know you guys are working on these things. Maybe it's because of the number of improvements that keep getting made.

One thing I was wondering, you guys just removed the erroneous tail option from Rigelians, but shouldn't there be a tail option added for alien gen characters?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
    edited May 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    I don't know why it excites me to know you guys are working on these things. Maybe it's because of the number of improvements that keep getting made.

One thing I was wondering, you guys just removed the erroneous tail option from Rigelians, but shouldn't there be a tail option added for alien gen characters?

Not unless they actually give fur textures for aliens.
    Otherwise it would look weird.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Does this mean you are finally fixing Trill spots? Please say yes, it's only something I've been asking for for the best part of 4 years :D
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I do hope that includes the Alien Host pattern so that it also covers the entire body just like the pattern does on Trills and the ESD DJ. Will we also get that glow material for patterns like the ESD DJ has?

Here is a bug that I've reported since the dawn of time but so far nothing has been done to fix it. Seeming as it works on the male population in the game how to make it work should be within the boundaries of what the company is capable of doing.

First an image with all the sliders set to medium, but with the Pitted pattern as that is supposed to be linked to Spines - Dual head attachment.

Zoom

horns1.png

I've now added the Spines - Dual attachment and am trying to realign the pattern with them as they do not seem to be linked for female aliens like they are for male aliens. I got some of the spots to match in the forehead with the spines.
    Zoom

horns3.png

However in the back, not so much.
    Zoom

horns2.png

Here I moved the sliders to show just how ridiculously horrible this bug really is.
    Zoom

horns4.png

In this last picture I changed the sliders to the other side to show that the spins never ever moves, no matter what setting you pick.
    Zoom

(A 5th image was suppose to be here but the forum limits the amount to 4 images only)

This bug is the same no matter if you're KDF Alien Female, ROM/REM Alien Feamle or FED Alien Female.
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There's a big gap around the waist for Orion females. It's difficult to see with the Risian flowers, but glaring at the front of the security belt.

8BVlQhnl.jpg4yx85Tjl.jpgjQn6ZIWl.jpg

I don't know that either of those belt options were supposed to be available with that that lower body option, but they are and there's that gap.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
    edited May 2014
    themartian wrote: »
    There's a big gap around the waist for Orion females. It's difficult to see with the Risian flowers, but glaring at the front of the security belt.

I don't know that either of those belt options were supposed to be available with that that lower body option, but they are and there's that gap.

I could be wrong but isn't that just the waistband of her pants? I would've thought if it was a gap between the torso and the top of the pants you would be able to see the background through it rather than just a black strip.
    edited May 2014
    daboholic wrote: »
    I could be wrong but isn't that just the waistband of her pants? I would've thought if it was a gap between the torso and the top of the pants you would be able to see the background through it rather than just a black strip.

That was what I thought at first. However, there's no texture to it and it's not reflecting light like the rest of her, it's just a flat black. It's even more noticeable as a gap if you start to pan the camera round her than you can see as a still image.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    edited May 2014
    That was what I thought at first. However, there's no texture to it and it's not reflecting light like the rest of her, it's just a flat black. It's even more noticeable as a gap if you start to pan the camera round her than you can see as a still image.

I had a look at my Orion in-game and you're right there is something wrong. Rather than a gap it seems to me like the waistband is lacking any detail or texture (either by bug or design). In many ways it looks like the environment bug that displayed flat black panels rather than the proper textures.

As you said it's not something we would normally have seen with the original loincloths, however new belt options have now made the area visible.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's the "thong". The character models used for STO seem to have been intentionally created to lack certain anatomical details. For the upper body they are replaced by smooth skin, for the lower body they are covered by the thong.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's the "thong". The character models used for STO seem to have been intentionally created to lack certain anatomical details. For the upper body they are replaced by smooth skin, for the lower body they are covered by the thong.

This. It's been there for as long as I can remember. at least since the 1st anniversary.
    I need a beer.

edited May 2014

Keep in mind also that that part of the bikini is never meant to be seen. On a normal Orion outfit that is where the loincloth is attached. The flowers cover it, but that particular belt doesn't.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
    edited May 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Keep in mind also that that part of the bikini is never meant to be seen. On a normal Orion outfit that is where the loincloth is attached. The flowers cover it, but that particular belt doesn't.

I know that's the reason we're seeing it and I agree with markhawkman that it's probably the bikini on the skin texture, which is also not meant to be seen under normal circumstances. It's still not meant to be and would probably be best fixed by completing the Orion briefs so that they cover the black bikini part of the skin.
    My alt army:
  • ayradyssayradyss Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    While some fixes have been made to the Romulan 22nd Century uniform (color palettes, mostly), there's still some very noticeable clipping that should really be fixed. The belt (the 22nd century belt, made to be part of the uniform package, so it's obviously meant to be used 'together' with the top) is clipped by the 22nd century uniform top as you can see in this screenshot. The character shown does have a low value for her 'stomach size' slider, but hopefully that could be made to work properly.

Female Romulans, in general, seem to have a great many clipping issues with the upper torso. (Try using the 'Yesterday's Enterprise' accessory under 'Chest Gear' with the 'Romulan Federation 1 or 2' uniform top on a female -- huge amounts of clipping, especially in the rear around the shoulders.)
    Live long, and prosper.
  • norai2011norai2011 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So has there ever been any word on the KDF Marauding boffs or Emabsy boffs being made customizable?
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014

jQn6ZIWl.jpg

We are working on this issue - as part of the bare skin options. What you are seeing is not a gap, but the undergarment that is part of the bare skin texture itself. (We color undergarments generally black). We will most likely lower the undergarment so that you won't see it.
  • darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I noticed with my female Remans when they open their mouths during the winning animation with the Gambling Device, you can see through their head. I do not remember that bug happening on my older Fed characters.
    edited May 2014
    We are working on this issue - as part of the bare skin options. What you are seeing is not a gap, but the undergarment that is part of the bare skin texture itself. (We color undergarments generally black). We will most likely lower the undergarment so that you won't see it.

Cheers for letting us know.
    My alt army:
    edited May 2014
    ayradyss wrote: »
    While some fixes have been made to the Romulan 22nd Century uniform (color palettes, mostly), there's still some very noticeable clipping that should really be fixed. The belt (the 22nd century belt, made to be part of the uniform package, so it's obviously meant to be used 'together' with the top) is clipped by the 22nd century uniform top as you can see in this screenshot. The character shown does have a low value for her 'stomach size' slider, but hopefully that could be made to work properly.

Female Romulans, in general, seem to have a great many clipping issues with the upper torso. (Try using the 'Yesterday's Enterprise' accessory under 'Chest Gear' with the 'Romulan Federation 1 or 2' uniform top on a female -- huge amounts of clipping, especially in the rear around the shoulders.)

I looked into this myself and sent off a fix recently. It should be going through testing soon, and hopefully out to you all in a week or two.
    edited May 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I hope this fixes the plastic looking feet on cats using Beachcomber. The fur on the feet are a different color and looked sowed on. I think it does this to Gorn also since they use a special skin texture.

One of our artists has this on his list to address. As, stated before, this is also part of the bare skin reworking we are doing.
    edited May 2014
    Does this mean you are finally fixing Trill spots? Please say yes, it's only something I've been asking for for the best part of 4 years :D

I can't really comment on specifics regarding the Trill spots simply because whatever is planned for them has not been decided. But I can say that they are being looked at just like every other bare skin option we have.
    edited May 2014
    Heyyy, I like this fix.
    I noticed with my female Remans when they open their mouths during the winning animation with the Gambling Device, you can see through their head. I do not remember that bug happening on my older Fed characters.
    That is terrifying especially since the species is a visual homage to Nosferatu.
    I looked into this myself and sent off a fix recently. It should be going through testing soon, and hopefully out to you all in a week or two.

Callevista on the ball. :D

Are the fixes of which you speak going to be coming into effect during the forthcoming Summer Event?
    edited May 2014
    The bare skin updates will be present in the Summer Event. Some will be updated soon afterwards.
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for the help and fixes.
    edited May 2014
    I can't really comment on specifics regarding the Trill spots simply because whatever is planned for them has not been decided. But I can say that they are being looked at just like every other bare skin option we have.

The fact that you are even looking at them is a fantastic step forward, thank you :)
  • cousteau1701ecousteau1701e Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I am actually having some issues with my Liberated Borg Romulan and Klingon.

I was going to rename my Rom Lt. Dan because he don't got no legs:
    2014-05-31_00002.jpg
    But seriously, he not only doesn't have the bare feet option, he has no legs.

My Klingon is a different issue all together. He doesn't have the Leather Vest option:
    2014-05-31_00003.jpg
    To my knowledge, he has never had access to this option and I don't know why.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yellowalertyellowalert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I didn't see it listed in the original post, but as of just a few days ago, I still randomly get the bug on the KDF side where changing the color of one clothing item changes the color of all other items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What about Aliens? Aliens with spots can only have them on the face/neck and not other body parts. :(
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg