test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

There is a Problem With COLD CASE, DIGGING DEFERA

legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
edited May 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
My federation toon seems to be able to do this one just fine. My Fed allied Romulan, cannot due to the fact the bridge officers will not respond to the "set rally point" command. I have not tried this on my KDF toons yet, but have tried more than once,with my Romulan Fed toon with different Bridge Officer combinations. Mixed factions, or all the same faction (Romulan), the result is the same. Bridge Officers do not respond to set rally point, therefore the mission never gets off the ground for my Fed Romulan. I guess I can forget about getting this one a Breen Bridge officer...off to do other missions I suppose...:rolleyes:
Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
Post edited by legetdumar on

Comments

• stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What you can do to get around this #fail, is to try to get teamed up with other people. This way you could still finish the mission...
  • darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have run this on 2 Fed aligned Romulans that just had the starting 4 Boffs with no issues. The Breen is an account unlock so you can have another Fed character mail it to yourself if you have not yet unlocked him on that character or if you have you would have to dismiss him and run that mission 2 times with the first being the one you mail to the affected character and the second being the one you keep. You can also just buy the Breen from the exchange as well if you do not want to replay that mission a few times using the methods I mentioned.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i just did this mission a few hours ago on my romulan fed tac....no issues at all...and this was without any skill points spent at all (waited until 50 lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited May 2014
    So I'm just being singled out for special treatment then, lol. Thanks for your replies everyone. :)
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    legetdumar wrote: »
    My Fed allied Romulan, cannot due to the fact the bridge officers will not respond to the "set rally point" command. I have not tried this on my KDF toons yet, but have tried more than once,with my Romulan Fed toon with different Bridge Officer combinations. Mixed factions, or all the same faction (Romulan), the result is the same. Bridge Officers do not respond to set rally point, therefore the mission never gets off the ground for my Fed Romulan. I guess I can forget about getting this one a Breen Bridge officer...off to do other missions I suppose...:rolleyes:

I dont understand, you dont need to set rally points to complete the mission of the Breen boff reward. The mission where you get the Boff is "cold storage" if i remember right.

I cant get the boff because i have other issue, i can complete the mission many times i want, but my boff bridge officer will go every time to the overflow bag, and since i cant recover it from there, well i will never get my breen boff lol. Same happens with the reman one.

As always cryptic made a really cheap event with a few bugs and of course we can forget about getting it fixed.
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have run this on 2 Fed aligned Romulans that just had the starting 4 Boffs with no issues.

Same here, have done it on two Romulans, two Feds and one Klingon without problem so far.

There seam to be some problem that can get attached to some alts on an account.
    I have had problem with missions that could not be finished on one alt, but worked perfectly on another, and I do not even want to go into all tailor problems I have had on some alts.

Think STO have some serious database problem. :P
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    spookpwa wrote: »

Think STO have some serious database problem. :P

lol, im sure of it.. between the database mess and the game code mess.. :(