test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Flow Cap/Plasmonic Question

lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
What are the minimum recommended points in Flow Capacitors for Plasmonic Leech?
HzLLhLB.gif

Post edited by lowy1 on

Comments

• Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    6, the 7-9 range nets you about 9 skill and according to this 18 points grant. 2...those extra three skills will grant .1 to the leech.

Boooooooo. Hell...the 4-6 range only grants .3 or something

Cheers
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    6, the 7-9 range nets you about 9 skill and according to this 18 points grant. 2...those extra three skills will grant .1 to the leech.

Boooooooo. Hell...the 4-6 range only grants .3 or something

Cheers

6 is fine. It's a lower tier skill that cost little. It still gives far more benefit then if the same sp is put elsewhere.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You dont need any points in flowcaps for it to work, since skill points only boost the base drain value.

If you are making a drain build specifically, then might as well go to 9, since its pretty cheap. 4 of my 7 toons have 9 bars in fc.
  • Options
    ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    With 0 points in Flow Caps leech gives you +8 power to all subsystems

With 9 points in Flow Caps leech gives you +16 power to all subsystems

/\
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for the responses. I currently only have points in FC on my Scie CPT, but he is in a Vesta Torp Boat. Now between my Eng and Tac, I guess it may be better to put it on the ENG since she flies the Mobius and it has 4 Sci Consoles Slots and the Tac is in a Fleet Avenger. Although both would benefit.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ussboleyn wrote: »
    With 0 points in Flow Caps leech gives you +8 power to all subsystems

With 9 points in Flow Caps leech gives you +16 power to all subsystems

This information is incorrect, as the leech with 0 points has the potential, for 1 point per pulse max 15 pulses as the base.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    edited May 2014
    lowy1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses. I currently only have points in FC on my Scie CPT, but he is in a Vesta Torp Boat. Now between my Eng and Tac, I guess it may be better to put it on the ENG since she flies the Mobius and it has 4 Sci Consoles Slots and the Tac is in a Fleet Avenger. Although both would benefit.
    I have it on my sci and engi. Sci has it because they are all doing some kind of control anyway, things like Tykens Rift need it, so whatever. Engi has no damage buffs apart from weapon power, so squeezing as much power as possible from any source is key to overall performance.
  • Options
    ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This information is incorrect, as the leech with 0 points has the potential, for 1 point per pulse max 15 pulses as the base.

It only stack up to 8 times, you are incorrect

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Console_-_Universal_-_Plasmonic_Leech#section_2

/\
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I have it on my sci and engi. Sci has it because they are all doing some kind of control anyway, things like Tykens Rift need it, so whatever. Engi has no damage buffs apart from weapon power, so squeezing as much power as possible from any source is key to overall performance.

I was under the impression that only energy weapons triggered the leech. Is that not the case? If Scie Debuffs trigger it, I'd use it on my Sci.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was under the impression that only energy weapons triggered the leech. Is that not the case? If Scie Debuffs trigger it, I'd use it on my Sci.

Only energy weapons.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Only energy weapons, but almost all my sci have polarized disruptors for the procs, which gets them the plasmonic too
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ussboleyn wrote: »

So I take it they changed it, usually I receive 15, and not 8!

Wiki has been better updated, as to better inform people of this.

The term stacking was slightly misleading somewhat, so instead it now refers as 8X the drain # shown.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    maelwy5maelwy5 Member Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What are the minimum recommended points in Flow Capacitors for Plasmonic Leech?

Depends how much of a power buff you want.

Normal Leech return ranges from 8.00 unskilled, to 15.92 (with 9/9 Points in FCaps) to 29.02 (with 9/9 Points plus the Jem'Hadar Deflector, the Astrophysicist trait and 4x Threat-Scaling FlowCap Science Consoles)

Personally mine usually sits at 17.32 (9/9 Points in FCap plus the Adapted MACO Deflector)

:)
    [ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've got 6pts in FC and on my tac in an Avenger I find this is more than adequate, seeing as the leech stacks. I never need to worry about it not doing enough to boost my power levels, even if i open on firing with no boost using a BOIII, it builds up a boost so quickly that it is no problem.

If you were going for an actual full drain build you would probably want more FC points anyway so they would be a boost to the leech, but primarily there for your other draining skills and kit anyway.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2014

As others noted, Energy Weapons are what kicks Plasmonic Leech off.

However, Flow Capacitors is deeply involved with anything that has a drain effect. Tachyon Beam, Energy Siphon, Tykien's Rift, Tetryon Procs and any shield drain effects, Polaron Procs. I think I'm forgetting some, but those are it off the top of my head.
    XzRTofz.gif