test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Smithsonian & Sir Patrick Stewart

steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
edited May 2014 in Ten Forward
Sir Patrick Stewart visited the Smithsonian to donate costuming from his X-men work, and discovers a surprising lack of Star Trek memorabilia. He vows to change that.

Best article line -- on discovering they do at least have Spock's ears: “I trust they are in a room all by themselves?” :cool:

I'm actually surprise at this lack of memorabilia. I visited their Air & Space museum in the summer of 1992 and they had a huge exhibit of Trek props and models (and yes THE ears). I've the pic to prove it. Somewhere. At the time, I thought it was a combination of temporary exhibit and permanent holdings.
Post edited by steamwright on

Comments

• Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    He should track down Picard's Tea cup and donate that.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Sir Patrick Stewart is a god among men...

Just like Sir Ian McKellen and George Takei (who isn't a Sir but deserves it).
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Sir Patrick Stewart is a god among men...

Just like Sir Ian McKellen and George Takei (who isn't a Sir but deserves it).

George has never been knighted but he is a Feudal Lord somewhere in China.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    George has never been knighted but he is a Feudal Lord somewhere in China.

Shouldn't that be Japan? I don't think that China has feudal lords.

EDIT: Yeah, he's got an Order of the Rising Sun. Fourth class, which is not fair because he deserves at LEAST second class (the highest honor normally bestowed on non-politicians).
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Shouldn't that be Japan? I don't think that China has feudal lords.

EDIT: Yeah, he's got an Order of the Rising Sun. Fourth class, which is not fair because he deserves at LEAST second class (the highest honor normally bestowed on non-politicians).

I wish that linked wikipedia article had clearer definitions of each rank's requirements, especially in the lower ranks. I notice Tommy Lasorda is listed in the same rank as George.

What is really ironic is that General Douglas MacArthur was given the first rank.
  • Options
    peregryperegry Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Last time I went to the Air and Space Museum they had the Original Television Model of the USS Enterprise, NCC-1701 (no bloody A, B, C or D) in the lower level of the gift shop. Per their website its on permanent display there.

They might also have some things at the Dulles Annex, but I've not been out there to see.

It's huge, and gorgeous to see.