test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Commander Science Officer

xsupersnailxxsupersnailx Member Posts: 180 Arc User
I was playing the Skirmish mission when this person appeared:

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w579/couldntthinkofausername123456789/anomalouseventSTO_zpsd3a8ae6d.png

When the Dividian floats by, the person shot at it with a type 2 phaser that had a deep blue beam that looked like an overloaded disruptor ship beam, but smaller of course. Anyone know what's up with this?
Post edited by xsupersnailx on

Comments

• Options
    gamerwookiegamerwookie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Sounds like you have your own Mysterious Stranger :D

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Mysterious_Stranger_(character)
  • Options
    cincsaccincsac Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Did you by chance use a Triolic Pattern Enhancer?

Sometimes when you do, it has a chance of spawning a random ally (like that one you had) or enemy, and a few pulsating tribbles to boot.
  • Options
    xsupersnailxxsupersnailx Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    One of my Boffs used one
  • Options
    cincsaccincsac Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That can trigger the effect as well. Lucky for you that you didn't get a Dahar Master :P
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You if you used a healing item, some DOffs cause them to summon another crew member to help you.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    cincsac wrote: »

Sometimes when you do, it has a chance of spawning a random ally (like that one you had) or enemy, and a few pulsating tribbles to boot.

...well that explains the random Starfleet Captain NPC that once spawned during one of my Foundry ground runs.

I never knew that it could do that. Awesome. :D
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,843 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    cincsac wrote: »

I never knew that could happen myself, I've use it multiple times before but never saw anything spawn.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jslyn wrote: »
    You if you used a healing item, some DOffs cause them to summon another crew member to help you.

That DOFF can only summon a simple Medic who will use Medical Tricorder 1 as long as it lives. Which usually isn't long. That said, if you know how to, it can be fun to have like 15 potentially of those running around. It's very amusing.
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I never knew that could happen myself, I've use it multiple times before but never saw anything spawn.

It's extremely rare. Like as rare as summoning a Gal-X or a Vo'quv with Fleet Support (before they removed those summons).
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.