test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seeking a Reliable source of Dyson marks

tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Reputation System
I've been experimenting with the Dyson Reputation gear, to assess the merits of doing it properly later.

So far, the results are very negative.
Everywhere I've been (without the daily bonus) has given medicore rewards at best.

Here are my findings:

1. Spire Defense, 20 marks on normal, 30 on Elite.
2. Voth Cityship, too time intensive to be efficient.
3. Battlezones (both ground and space), maximum rewards can only be achived if you fight in every sector of the Battlezone at least once.
Since the area is prohibitively large, I dismissed the Battlezones as incredibily inefficient.

Unfortunately, I think these are the only sources of Dyson marks.
So the answer I am seeking is most likely non-existent.

As an aside, I think they're long past the time the mark systems should be brought up to equality.
Omega is the easiest to obtain, 180 per hour if you do it right, even if you don't do the ground missions.
Nukara will grant 60 marks per half hour from the Crystalline Entity Elite engagement.
8472 and Dyson only grant a decent return if the daily reward is given, otherwise it's not worth it.
Romulan is the worst of all, forcing you to do many tedious tasks daily or raise space rodents.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
Post edited by tilarta on

Comments

• emperordeslokemperordeslok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I wouldn't be so fast to dismiss the battlezone, it's the least... tedious thing I've done to get them
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The space battle zone is kind of pointless.

The ground battle zones rewards tons of marks if you make the dailys and the zone itself. Don't get your problem there.
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A vast area which involves you running from grid to grid with no idea if there are other players backing you up and trying to do each one before the V.Rexes arrive?

There is my problem.

The same problem occurs in the space battlezone.

The battlezone spaces are just too large to move around practically.
    Plus I find capture&hold mechanics the worst kind of gameplay.

And a related issue is I'm getting really frustrated with the amount of the grinding I do in STO, so when it comes to things like battlezones and New Romulus, which make you spend hours in a place you don't normally visit when you could be spending your time more practically doing something elsewhere, I get kind of annoyed.

I somewhat tolerate the queues because I can do them from anywhere in the game, so they don't interuppt whatever I might be doing at any given time.
    And also, they're more structured, players have a clearer idea of what to do and how to win.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The most efficent way to earn Dyson Marks is doing the Daily Mission from Joint Command in the Allied Zone.

It gives you 10 Marks + Daily Bonus for like 1 minute work. Although its a bit of a slow process to gain higher numbers of marks. But its reliable and most effective.

I am just logging for the daily with one of my alts and she has like 1000+ marks from doing 1 minute work everyday.

But if you need marks fast, do the Ground Battlezone. It can be annoying but still the fastest way to get mark counters up.

The worst way to get Dyson marks is the PVE Queues in my opinion. The Time - Reward Ratio is very low.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The most efficent way to earn Dyson Marks is doing the Daily Mission from Joint Command in the Allied Zone.

It gives you 10 Marks + Daily Bonus for like 1 minute work. Although its a bit of a slow process to gain higher numbers of marks. But its reliable and most effective.

This.

If you want someone to back you up in the Battlezone, take a team with you, or talk in zone and try to get people already there to team . . . though it shouldn't be a problem, since for the most part, individual sectors are soloable.
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This may have been mentioned, but the ground battlezone rewards marks whether you do the dailies or not. It isn't hard to get 2,000 in a few hours.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you have taken care of the daily marks already, the ground battle zone seems to be the best option. Especialyl since you also will get a lot of Voth Implants that way, and you need those for equipment projects and you can also turn them into dilithium.

For the Daily Bonus, I go to the Allied Zone, and take a mission from Joint Command.
    Then I try to complete that mission. If the events for the "Thunderstorms" or for the Voth breaking through the minefield occur, you should stop doing the Joint Command mission and instead do that. You can get a bit more marks for them, and you can complete the Joint Command mission onthe next day, needing to do less that day.
    The advice to do the Thunderstorms/Minefield mission is only for Joint Command missions that take a w hile to complete due to all the travelling. The Secret Order mission is probably exempt, because you can't possibly have it any easier.

If you want more, the Voth Grund Battle Zone is great.
    Grab the repetable missions at the center command, and go to whatever section of the zone it tells you to go for the "capture 2 locations" missions. The best locations to capture are always the Artillery Turrets (where you disable the generators) and the one where you just need to stand in the middle to take the location. I had the impression the zone with the omega molecule transport pod is more difficult, spawning more enemies.

If you have trouble at the artillery points doing it in time, you may need just better gear to burn through the enemies at each location, or you can try completing the final step of the first 1 or 2 generators after you completed the 2nd or 3rd. (I believe there will be enemies respawning occassionally.)

That's al if you want to do it solo. I've never done anything there in a team so far. If you have a team, I can only imagine it becoming even easier.

For the final phase - if you don't want to lose a point, ignore the T.Rex as best as yo ucan and just get rid of the Voth that try to use the consoles, and wait until you have support (and it will come.). Maybe you can't optimzie your marks by playing dino-tagging, but you can optimize the Voth Cyberimplant income. And I don't think you'll ever regret sitting on a mountain of them, because - well, they are worth Dilithium at least.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.