test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Getting rid of Tovan Khev

tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
I know it has been said before, but pleeeaase cryptic, let us be able to get rid of him... at least when all romulan missions are completed.... please.
Post edited by tremere12 on

Comments

• assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Originally I was a big defender of Tovan Khev. However, now I have leveled my 4th Romulan to 50 and while I don't mind him occupying a slot I really hate whatever tech Cryptic has used that constantly forces their special tutorial officers on my viewscreen.
    I got Elisa Flores for my Fed main, left her an ensign and put her in charge of piloting the delta flyer since my bridge crew was already well established. Almost every single time one of my bridge officers was supposed to tell me something it was her face popping up. I deleted her. And unfortunately Tovan is the same. Even if he isn't slotted anywhere, he will pop up to tell you things, even in missions way past the Romulan storyline.
    Since Cryptic seems to be just as unable to fix that as letting me see my crew on the bridges I bought, I too vote for the sledgehammer solution: Allow us to delete Tovan Khev.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There has to be a main bridge officer full back and this one, fed and kdf they all have the original bridge officer default. Sure these bridge officers on the ground do whatever they want too. Both go stealth on their own and sometimes disappear. I see no reason to remove them, since they're like family! LOL..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yesterday while sleeping I had a nightmare... after careful analyst... Tovan Khev is the cause!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If Romulans have to keep Tovan...I say Feds get Kurland. :eek:
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If they can't delete him, I'd welcome an extra boff slot. It's only fair
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tremere12 wrote: »
    If they can't delete him, I'd welcome an extra boff slot. It's only fair

He does take up an extra slot. You don't lose anything for having him. Except a bit of your soul.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There is the problem, when you even replay the romulan missions you need tovan there, especially in Turning Point where he is with you in conference.
    So cryptic would need to rework all those missions again based if you have tovan or not...

Dont understand why people what to dismiss him, purple RO officer?
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I keep trying to air lock him, but he keeps zoning through the air lock door and back onto the ship!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why are people so upset over this poor guy? Don't like his face? Change it. Don't like his clothes? Change them. Don't like his abilities? Change them! The only thing that's not changeable is that he is a romulan man. So whats the big deal? :confused:
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why are people so upset over this poor guy? Don't like his face? Change it. Don't like his clothes? Change them. Don't like his abilities? Change them! The only thing that's not changeable is that he is a romulan man. So whats the big deal? :confused:

For me, it is the customization. I like to pick my own officers. As for Tovan, he aint a bad fellow, but I would like to have another trait set for my tactical boffs. The problem I have is that Tovan takes away bridge officer customization, by being his own ethnic group, present on each ship in the Republic Flotilla. Which would be fine if he would not try to break from toilet cleaning duty whenever a tactical boff needs to speak out.
    I won't go as far to put him in a pink tutu, as others have done, but that doesn't mean I don't like what he represents.

Other than that, well, been a while since I was slamming this horse.
    edited May 2014
    First of all he eats a slot, and I hate that when I'm trying to do stuff. Secondly he isn't a Superior operative, since all my active boffs are SRO. Mmo's are generally about gaining as much dps as you can, and I can't afford any losses.
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2014

You can't change his name or the fact that he constantly pops up either. Sometimes you want to run a ship with a theme like a completely Reman crew, or a Fed exchange first officer. And that is something Tovan wrecks. I don't mind him occupying his slot, as long as he only turns up when the mission calls for him. But as long as he isn't slotted anywhere and the mission is a generic redone Fed mission he has to stay silent.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    But as long as he isn't slotted anywhere and the mission is a generic redone Fed mission he has to stay silent.

If you don't have him slotted as an active Boff does he still pop up in the dialogue box? Only time I see my Fed characters in that box is if they are active.
    . Mmo's are generally about gaining as much dps as you can, and I can't afford any losses.

You aren't forced to have him as an active Boff. Go get another Superior and let Tovan hang out holding an extra weapon, personal shield, armor and 4 devices/tribbles off the bridge. If the simple existence of Tovan is hurting your DPS you might be blaming the wrong guy! :D And you're not losing out to other Rom players, they are stuck w/ him too. So it's an even playing field! ;)
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Can't change is NAME!
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think cryptic should give rom a free boff slot to compensate for the forced boff. Then, they shoumd make sure than "story" boff doesn't show up everytime there is a pop up.

Then, it would be fine. I don't mind Tovan, but he is not my first officer, he is not even on the highest tac seating of the ship, yet he act like he is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    You aren't forced to have him as an active Boff. Go get another Superior and let Tovan hang out holding an extra weapon, personal shield, armor and 4 devices/tribbles off the bridge. If the simple existence of Tovan is hurting your DPS you might be blaming the wrong guy! :D And you're not losing out to other Rom players, they are stuck w/ him too. So it's an even playing field! ;)

No he's not hurting my dps since I'm not using him in space. I pwn noObz all teh tyme d00d.

I say let cryptic change him to superior operative, and everything's fixed.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The reason most people what to dismiss him has nothing to do with his quality or his traits.

I like to make it so that the bridge officers on all my characters are unique from each other. I have three romulan republic characters, and seriously irks me that I am forced to have a guy named Tovan on every single one of them.

To be honest a huge part of my problem with tovan would be solved if I could just rename him.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Tovan just needs to hook-up with Veril. Then he will shut up. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why are people so upset over this poor guy? Don't like his face? Change it. Don't like his clothes? Change them. Don't like his abilities? Change them!

Don't like his name? Change...oh wait... :rolleyes:
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Tovan just needs to hook-up with Veril. Then he will shut up. :)

Don't you mean "Then he will never shut up?"

"Hey gang, have I told you Veril and I are going out?" every 10 seconds = the new "Kurland here." ;)
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No he's not hurting my dps since I'm not using him in space. I pwn noObz all teh tyme d00d.

I say let cryptic change him to superior operative, and everything's fixed.

So you don't really care that he's there, or you can't change his name, or that he pops up on every crew interaction window; you just want a free Superior Op. :D
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nope, sorry. You're stuck with Tovan...FOR-EHV-UHR... :D
    edited May 2014
    So you don't really care that he's there, or you can't change his name, or that he pops up on every crew interaction window; you just want a free Superior Op. :D

I don't need free SRO because I already have all of them. I just need -space-. A forced boff slot sucks. I'd like to have free slots to try different loadouts, train other boffs etc. DO STUFF as I said.

If he's a SRO, I can put him in space, thus leaving me with that much desired free slot. Otherwise let me just get rid of his ugly face (though yes I'm aware of appearance customization, so don't get me started).
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There is the problem, when you even replay the romulan missions you need tovan there, especially in Turning Point where he is with you in conference.
    So cryptic would need to rework all those missions again based if you have tovan or not...

1. Make him reclaimable like Elisa Flores and the storyline Klink Boff whose name escapes me right now are.

2. Useless for all SRO Boffs, useless for all Reman Boffs, useless for all Female Boffs, useless if you don't want all your Romulan characters to have the same forced first officer. And no, buying another Boff slot is not an acceptable solution.

I like the guy, but there are a lot of issues with him.
  • ayreon76#1360 ayreon76 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    funny that so much players hate him :confused:

i rely like him :)
    ok he talks a lot so what its better then saying nothing

and his voice is great to
    i rely don't see any problem with him
    edited May 2014
    genlog76 wrote: »
    funny that so much players hate him :confused:

i rely like him :)
    ok he talks a lot so what its better then saying nothing

and his voice is great to
    i rely don't see any problem with him

Actually I don't really care about his personality, good or bad, it's not even the issue here. It's basically about having one less boff slot than kdf/fed (atleast for players like me), and that has to change.
  • originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They should do something with these characters like elite force, give us a chance to choose if they are male or female versions of the said character, and once you hit 50 he should be SRO, or else he just isn't a hero bof, then he is just in the way.
  • l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    IF we have to keep him at least let us pick his traits. As it stands, being a romulan PvPer his space traits aint worth s***. Also EVEN when he is not slotted he takes a seat on my bridge AND he gives my my first officer messages during dialogue that she is supposed to give me.

Apart from that I dont mind him a free BOFF is always welcome but at least make it a useful free BOFF or a BOFF slot to replace the one he takes and for the love of god please make it so he shuts his frikin mouth (dialogue boxes).
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yesterday, I noticed that Tovan snuck himself in as fist officer/chief tactical officer/chief security officer of my Fed Reman's crew AGAIN.

I can't stand this guy. I want him OUT.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If Romulans have to keep Tovan...I say Feds get Kurland. :eek:

KURLAND HERE!!!!! every 5 mins....or less

FFFFFFFUUUUU!!!!!!~~~~~~ *Fire everything!!!!!*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p