test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I Love My Cryptic STO Emails

markjames1markjames1 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
The reason I love Cryptic's emails is because they remind me so much of how Star Trek Online's webpage used to look... so sexy, the bold canon 'Star Trek' letterhead, the amazingly beautiful Romulan woman, the black background... I could go on.

http://view.email.perfectworld.com/?j=fe5010777260027a7c17&m=fec216717c6d0778&ls=fdc315717c67007f701c777560&l=fe8a1375726406757d&s=fdf315757463037f73167773&jb=ffcf14&ju=fe231070776d067a7d1177&r=0

I know the email links here lead to the new website which is all redone with Perfect World's ARC signature, but these emails do bring back fond memories.

I'm enjoying these beautiful and nostalgic STO emails while I can... it may not be long before these are changed, too.
star-trek-london-captains_zps420d10b3.jpg

These Are The Voyages...
Post edited by markjames1 on

Comments

• Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They are nice aren't they? Too bad they come out 2 weeks after whatever they're advertising:rolleyes:.
  • Options
    markjames1markjames1 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They are nice aren't they? Too bad they come out 2 weeks after whatever they're advertising:rolleyes:.

That may be my fault. Usually the emails are fairly up to date. I could've used a more recent one as an example, I guess. Oh, my bad.
    star-trek-london-captains_zps420d10b3.jpg

These Are The Voyages...
  • Options
    originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah truth be told, I cant stand the new setup, it looks like a tetris fanboys idea of how to design newsworthy subjects. I just had a thought that they built it like Windows 8 menus... in other news Windows 8 will soon have menus revertible to windows 7 without the boxy schlocky nonsense.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah truth be told, I cant stand the new setup, it looks like a tetris fanboys idea of how to design newsworthy subjects. I just had a thought that they built it like Windows 8 menus... in other news Windows 8 will soon have menus revertible to windows 7 without the boxy schlocky nonsense.

It's like pintrest.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    markjames1 wrote: »
    That may be my fault. Usually the emails are fairly up to date. I could've used a more recent one as an example, I guess. Oh, my bad.

That was the last email that I received from them. It came on April 23, which was timely enough for my tastes, the day after the stuff it advertised went live.

I also agree that the old website and forum designs were better. The new ones are uninviting to look at, and the website lacks clear categorical organization. Give us some subcategories to divide the massive media and news categories into at least.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Only emails I ever gotten were from CSR regarding tickets being processed. :P

But yeah the old website was far superior than the mess that is currently known as ARC. ARC is a really bad design, almost like it came from the early Internet days than with modern functionality.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    @azurianstar
    Your siganture pretty much says it all and it's damn right. :cool: