test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Build help/advice please

ldvhlldvhl Member Posts: 26 Arc User
I'm new to the endgame, and thought I'd plan ahead for what ship and gear I wanted. I used the STO Academy skill tool to make a build to work toward.

Does anybody have any advice or tips for this sort of thing? Thanks!
Post edited by ldvhl on

Comments

• Options
    m0rdr4km0rdr4k Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ldvhl wrote: »
    I'm new to the endgame, and thought I'd plan ahead for what ship and gear I wanted. I used the STO Academy skill tool to make a build to work toward.

Does anybody have any advice or tips for this sort of thing? Thanks!

I checked your build. Your ship has a base turnrate of 15 according to wiki and that's more than enough to run a cannon build on. Front: 3x Dual Heavy Cannons + 1x Dual Beam Bank or torpedo. Aft: 2x Turrets + Kinetic Cutting Beam or torpedo.

You could run 4x DHC's but it would drain your power too quickly and your DPS would drop faster. With the Dual Beam Bank if you like, run Beam Overload. Use it only when you need it.

I am not familiar with that ship as I don't have it on my KDF but someone else may be able to help you with a more in depth build...
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    First thing to know is that the ship your interested is a lobi ship that costs 800 lobi.

The price can be anywhere from 70-100+ million energy credits.

If your still interested...

What do you want to do with it?

Pvp or Pve?

Cannons or beams?

Budget?

Play style?
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Good advice m0rdr4k, thank you!

dahminus: I'm unemployed right now, so time and grinding isn't really a factor. I need to learn how to get dil and convert to zen though I believe.

I'm mainly interested in PvE and just tooling around to see what the game has to offer. Beyond that, I'm still only a couple weeks into the game and still learning how things work.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=classikreen_0
    3 damage control doffs for emergency power abilities and 3 of your choice...I'd recommend a gravity well aftershock doff a warp core debuff cleanser doff.

The build has the fun gravity well effect. Enough heals to keep yourself afloat while tossing a couple heals on allies and full power cannon spread.

Good luck

P.s. The tipler cylinder requires the lock box time vessel which can run you 200 million ec...it's pretty awesome but rather expensive
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Very good advice, thank you!