test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update for Ship Bridges/Interior

rileywolffrileywolff Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Controls and User Interface
So, I know it's more of a visual thing than a game-changer, but I've noticed a lot of trouble with players' Commissioned Bridge Officers not appearing correctly on Bridges when visited. This may not be important to the standard player, but to people like me and people who really get into the game with roleplay involving their bridge, these small details mean the world. After all, we don't spend the time to meticulously ensure that our characters look right in the face and body and are wearing a sharp uniform that's, well, uniform just to have them not appear on the bridge when we want to show them off.

I mean, I have 14 Bridge Officers commissioned and I'm using the bridge from the Galaxy Bridge Pack. I have more officers than spots but most times, all I get to see is a single officer to a 4-man team depending on whether I was on New Romulus, The Dyson Sphere, or on a mission last. And, I've tried all the little fixes, but it doesn't solve the problem. I still go to my bridge and see several of those generic cookie-cutter officers.

So, step one would definitely be to fix this. It may not be as major as some of those game-breakers out there, but it's still important to a good bit of the player base. A second step would be to create some kind of system for seat assigning. If we have a system to set our Bridge Officers to ability slots which, occasionally, puts them in a seat on the bridge, then why not make another menu, either in the ship customization menu or the bridge stations menu, that shows a layout of the player's chosen bridge. From there, it could have each spot noted where an officer could stand and when the spot is clicked, it will list the available Bridge Officers. That way, the player can design his/her own Officer station Layout.

And, while you're there, could you make all the bridges a little more universal? I hate nothing more than using one of the Prometheus Bridges on my Vesta, because they look the best, just to turn around and there's a blueprint of the Prometheus on my computers. And, an update to the ship interior would be nice. You know, to that nice Origin interior from the tutorial. It made more sense and, as I have the art book from the Star Trek Online Collectors Edition, looks like it was supposed to be the original look.

And, while I'm on interiors, I'd love to be able to set the uniforms for my non-Bridge Officer crew so that my Antares and Sierra wearing crew doesn't contradict my Jupiter wearing Bridge Officers.

So, in closing, fixing the game-breaking bugs is important, but it's also important to keep an eye on the small details. Because there is always going to be someone looking for them.
Post edited by rileywolff on

Comments

• piattopiatto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    All of this would be nice. Some quest lines or dailies that you can only do on your ship would be nice too. That way the ship is more than just a RP zone.
  • aiden089aiden089 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    piatto wrote: »
    All of this would be nice. Some quest lines or dailies that you can only do on your ship would be nice too. That way the ship is more than just a RP zone.
    Love the idea of dailies on board ship!
    rileywolff wrote: »
    And, I've tried all the little fixes, but it doesn't solve the problem
    can someone also shed light on what these fixes are?

Could the devs also please look at enabling Romulan captains to display trophies please!

Thanks!
    Nedya.png
  • rileywolffrileywolff Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    piatto wrote: »

Agreed. Maybe some more missions involving your ready room and maybe even a mission or two where you have to fight off intruders on your own ship. But I think the bridge and ship interior shouldn't be ignored as much as they have been.

aiden089 wrote: »
    can someone also shed light on what these fixes are?

Could the devs also please look at enabling Romulan captains to display trophies please!

Thanks!

One of the 'fixes' is to warp into a system, remove all bridge offer/away team assignments. Then, warp out and reassign them and visit your bridge.

And, I do agree that Romulans need the trophy slots. And, I also feel that there should be more than 6 total wall trophies and 1 floor trophy spots. Especially in the Federation Ship Lounges. Those things are huge.
  • techenultimatechenultima Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I completely agree, the bridges need work. It would make the game much more enjoyable than just adding more seasons, if they made bridge duties a bigger part of the season and could even add subtle drama's and dialogue etc. Seeing a planet on the view screen when in a planetary system or seeing space dust when in an area with space dust would really improve the game.
  • gr4t15gr4t15 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Fed interiors definitely needs a complete rework. I loved the new corridors in the fed tutorial, and the new turbolifts in ESD. Is there any chance we get these thing to our ships?

Bridges need also a resizing: Not just the old ones, but the new Origin bridge too. They're simply too big
  • xst4mxxst4mx Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would add also the ability to customize the Captain's room perhaps with custom images on the walls.
    If I want to have my picture on Risa in a swimsuit hanging on the wall, I can do that!!! :D
    You could also add missions like "Fleet Alert" to play from inside the spaceship.
    Really, there are so many possibilities that Cryptic could put in the game by making hundreds of players happy ...

P.S.: Sorry for my bad English :o
  • vidiannavidianna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have found a fix for the bridge officers not appearing as they should.
    I take no credit for this. To fix it do this: Swap all your officers out with the shuttle boff. Then put the original one you had in it. Then visit your bridge. You should see them. Works for me. But you might need to do this twice to get them to appear. I hope this helps you ppl out.

Vidirian2001
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    xst4mx wrote: »
    I would add also the ability to customize the Captain's room perhaps with custom images on the walls.
    If I want to have my picture on Risa in a swimsuit hanging on the wall, I can do that!!! :D
    You could also add missions like "Fleet Alert" to play from inside the spaceship.
    Really, there are so many possibilities that Cryptic could put in the game by making hundreds of players happy ...

P.S.: Sorry for my bad English :o

Or at least they could let us get rid of that blasted fishtank in the corner of the Fed Ready Room.

Similar subject, and it's not just ships but social maps as well, - Pull out the chairs, Cryptic! On my Federation starships, in my crew lounge, I've got a raised platform with a beautiful looking poker table on it that I can't even pretend to use because the chairs are so close to the table that nobody can sit down in them.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • fliporicanfliporican Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think some of the bridges could be scaled down a bit. They just seem so big compared to what we have seen on the TV shows and movies. The best bridge, to me, that is at the correct scale is the OST Constitution Bridge...it is absolutely perfect and to scale.
    image.php?name=Sabio&ship=Renaissance&fleet=10th+MACO+Cavalry+Regiment&txtcol=EDE979&fac=fed&spezies=Human&klasse=Starfleet+Tactical+Officer&rank=vadm&image=01