test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I need to wash my hair :(

stormwaltz2stormwaltz2 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
Yesterday I logged in for the first time since the patch, and found my character's hair has become incredibly... shiny. And I don't mean that in the sense someone from Firefly might.

Even with the Hair Shininess slider turned all the way down, it gleams so bright that I see nearly as much white/shine than hair color under decent lighting - and with Shininess all the way up, my hair looks likes it's made of metal. The overall effect significantly lightens the apparent color of my hair.

What gives? Is this a bug? It makes my hair looks unnatural. :(

Rendering on a 2GB Radeon HD 6950, if that's useful.
Post edited by stormwaltz2 on

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    what hairstyle is it?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Try turning down bloom?

Also, zones vary on how much shine they put on your character. It might just be the zone you happen to be in.
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    guriphu wrote: »
    Try turning down bloom?

Also, zones vary on how much shine they put on your character. It might just be the zone you happen to be in.

I gave one of my BOffs jet-black hair but after S9 it looks dark gray. I'm also seeing this in the costume editor (and no, the hair color setting hasn't changed), not just in-game, so I don't think it's a bloom or zonal issue.
  • Options
    rarebear1rarebear1 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yesterday I logged in for the first time since the patch, and found my character's hair has become incredibly... shiny. And I don't mean that in the sense someone from Firefly might.

Even with the Hair Shininess slider turned all the way down, it gleams so bright that I see nearly as much white/shine than hair color under decent lighting - and with Shininess all the way up, my hair looks likes it's made of metal. The overall effect significantly lightens the apparent color of my hair.

What gives? Is this a bug? It makes my hair looks unnatural. :(

Rendering on a 2GB Radeon HD 6950, if that's useful.
    I don't have that issue.
    Proud Trekkie Favorite episode from TOS is The Doomsday Machine TNG: Yesterday's Enterprise VOY: Endgame part 1 and 2 DS9: Emissary ENT: Assmilation
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A lot of the textures got borked by Season 9. It's likely a function of the bump mapping issue.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    stormwaltz2stormwaltz2 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    A lot of the textures got borked by Season 9. It's likely a function of the bump mapping issue.

Oh, thanks. I hope it's just a bug, then.

To answer the questions above, I see it with all the hair styles I use, though I mostly use Ponytail 3. I noticed a change when I was doing my circuit of SFHQ, DS9, and Nimbus.

I didn't take a lot of close screenshots of my head before, so this comparison is the best I can do:

http://imgur.com/qVDTxh7

The top was pre-season 9. I haven't changed any colors or settings on my appearance since those screenshots were taken.