test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ETA on mission reviews?

Hello Everyone!

Is there estimate on when mission reviews will be enabled?

Thanks!
Joe_King

:)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Please leave comments or suggestions on the main thread for Homage to Galris at the following link.
Also feel free to check out some of my other projects at the following link.
Post edited by chepetico2 on

Comments

• Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A lot of missions are broken right now because the ESD hookups didn't get updated in the auto publish. They'll need to fix that before reviews can return.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited May 2014
    If I had to guess, I'd say they are waiting until they can at least get the spotlight missions fixed that are affected by the ESD door bug. There are two that I know of, could be more.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    chepetico2chepetico2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks! I have a mission waiting for reviews and can't wait see how badly it sucks!

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please leave comments or suggestions on the main thread for Homage to Galris at the following link.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Don't worry, this is just about the smoothest downtime on record. Only two weeks in and the only thing left is for reviews to come back up. That's majorly fast!
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Thank you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Actually I was just told on Twitter that they are testing an automatic fix for everyone's ESD missions, spotlight included. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Actually I was just told on Twitter that they are testing an automatic fix for everyone's ESD missions, spotlight included. Fingers crossed.

This is correct. Yes, manual republishing fixes missions. Yes, we have a method where we can de-spotlight something so the creator can republish it. . . but that's a lot of extra work for everyone, and doesn't help the mission if the creator isn't around anymore.

We've been told that there should be a way for us to automatically republish things where it will actually fix up all of those broken links this time. So they're working on testing that out atm.

Reviews won't be turned back on until we can fix this.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    This is correct. Yes, manual republishing fixes missions. Yes, we have a method where we can de-spotlight something so the creator can republish it. . . but that's a lot of extra work for everyone, and doesn't help the mission if the creator isn't around anymore.

We've been told that there should be a way for us to automatically republish things where it will actually fix up all of those broken links this time. So they're working on testing that out atm.

Reviews won't be turned back on until we can fix this.

This fix won't negatively impact those of us who have already manually republished or moved our missions to different ESD doors, will it?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    From my understanding this would just act as though every mission, in it's current state, has been manually republished.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    From my understanding this would just act as though every mission, in it's current state, has been manually republished.

Shouldn't be a problem then :)
  • Options
    midnighttlcmidnighttlc Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Everybody panic now! Jk
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Everybody panic now! Jk

:::points to his signature:::
  • Options
    agarwaencranagarwaencran Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The Editor is back :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hello Everyone!

Have all the broken links been fixed?

Just curious, I have my own mission that needs reviews but not at the price of losing our classic UGC missions.

Thanks,

Joe_King :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The ESD door links do seem to be working now, though there are a few authors who will need to update their descriptions. I beileve there's still a bug floating around related to the minimap indicator now showing.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Thanks @greendragon!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    They may also be waiting until the couple spotlight authors that were on ESD have the chance to change the directions to their doors. I'm not sure what this involves on Cryptic's end, but they have to be handed back to the author, edited, and re-spotlighted. Can be a several-weeks long project. I don't know if this being done or not as they are probably communicating privately about it.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    They may also be waiting until the couple spotlight authors that were on ESD have the chance to change the directions to their doors. I'm not sure what this involves on Cryptic's end, but they have to be handed back to the author, edited, and re-spotlighted. Can be a several-weeks long project. I don't know if this being done or not as they are probably communicating privately about it.

Guess that's why patience is a virtue! Time to start working on a sequel...

Thanks!
    Joe
    :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    The ESD interact issue looks to be fixed. I've not heard any reports of them not working since the last republish. We want to keep Reviews off until the Spotlight authors are given a chance to edit their missions. Capt. Smirk has to finalized the details of how that will be handled, and I'm sure he'll make an announcement when things are ready.

Thank you for your patience.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The ESD interact issue looks to be fixed. I've not heard any reports of them not working since the last republish. We want to keep Reviews off until the Spotlight authors are given a chance to edit their missions. Capt. Smirk has to finalized the details of how that will be handled, and I'm sure he'll make an announcement when things are ready.

Thank you for your patience.

Actually thank you and the Cryptic Team!!!

:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    arpaiaarpaia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So, basically, I started playing this game just as its foundry skidded into a ditch? That figures...
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    arpaia wrote: »
    So, basically, I started playing this game just as its foundry skidded into a ditch? That figures...
    It's a speed bump, things will be back to normal soon(tm).
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Sorry I broke everything. I was trying to help. . . :/
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Thank you for trying. It is nice to have someone trying to help. I mean this sincerely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    arpaia wrote: »

The Foundry downtime is standard procedure for a season update, and completely intentional. It's a safeguard against bug that may cause serious problems for the Foundry missions. That said, this has been one of the smoothest downtimes we've ever had, and the speed of Cryptic's response to the newly cropped up bugs has been superb.

I wouldn't be surprised if reviews will be restored here before too long. In the mean time, all Foundry missions should be open, even if you can't leave a review.
  • Options
    isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That said, this has been one of the smoothest downtimes we've ever had, and the speed of Cryptic's response to the newly cropped up bugs has been superb.

For all my ******** about door choices, I totally agree. Even with the forced republishing etc. this has been far smoother than any previous downtime and it is of course completely necessary.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Happen to me all the time. That's why I don't help others anymore, it always end badly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014

You're just like this guy:
    http://youtu.be/MjcrfzSZQc8?t=1m
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Re: Tacofangs
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Thank you for trying. It is nice to have someone trying to help. I mean this sincerely.

This^

Taco - you do know you're one of our heroes around here, right? :)

Even Scotty can't change the laws of physics...err, coding. :D
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014

**** happens. Don't worry about it. You're still our favorite dev.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/