test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - May 7, 2014

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.40.20140427a.9

General:
  • Two ship slots have been added to each captain.
    • You will receive the slots as soon as you log in after the update.
    • These are additional slots to the maximum number of slots.
  • Resolved an issue that was causing NPCs in Storming the Spire (Elite) and The Breach (Elite) to be much more difficult than intended.
  • Crystalline Entity (Elite) queue now awards 960 Dilithium upon completion.
  • Sensor Analysis will now appear in the Special Powers Tray for all ships that have it.
  • Reactive Shielding: Resolved an issue where this power's long description indicated that its effects took place in space.
    • This description now correctly reads that the power is a ground power.
  • Resolved an issue which was blocking completion of the mission “A Good Start”.
  • Resolved an issue where solo/duo PVP queues were allowing groups of 3+ to queue.

Known Issues:
  • New kit modules do not have their own search category in the Exchange.
  • Kits in your inventory cannot be equipped by double-clicking on them.
    • You can drag and drop slot them.
  • Doors do not have waypoints in Foundry missions.
  • Bridge Officers cannot wear all kit pieces captains are able to wear.
  • Occasionally, bridge officer and captain powers are removed from the power tray when transitioning to another map.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for the bonus.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Resolved an issue where solo/duo PVP queues were allowing groups of 3+ to queue.

whoopwhoop :)... and yeah, thx for the slots :).
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.40.20140427a.9

General:
    • Sensor Analysis will now appear in the Special Powers Tray for all ships that have it.

Would it not be wise to include the "Target Subsystem: ..." abilities to the Special Powers Tray? Would be great if these abilities could one day be de-couple from the the Beam Overload/Beam Fire-at-Will cooldown sharing.
  • darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Still looks like the mix up on the trade in of the Romulan Embassy Fabrication Kit XII giving the XI modules of the Embassy XI kit still has not been fixed or acknowledged. This was a posted issue weeks before S9 launched but still has not been fixed or even noted as a known issue and it means all of the players received the wrong kit pieces for the trade in and the players that owned the XI version of the kit got the same trade in as the players that spent the extra fleet credits and dilthium for the Romulan Embassy Fabrication Kit XII kit.
  • jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    druhin wrote: »
    Would it not be wise to include the "Target Subsystem: ..." abilities to the Special Powers Tray? Would be great if these abilities could one day be de-couple from the the Beam Overload/Beam Fire-at-Will cooldown sharing.

Science Vessel Target Subsystem powers already appear in a special row at the bottom of the weapons tray. Putting powers into the Special Powers tray is just a UI ease-of-use factor; it doesn't change the linked cooldowns.
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Surprise.. still no gal x visual fixes. Prob be another 2 years before you guys get on that, even though its been reported by numerous folks. :confused:

Also Quv kdf adapted helmet. Just noticed my females bofs have it... so why doesn't my main have the helmet but has the armor... doesn't make any sense.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Queues fixed, hope it's for real this time...
    edited May 2014
    jheinig wrote: »
    Science Vessel Target Subsystem powers already appear in a special row at the bottom of the weapons tray. Putting powers into the Special Powers tray is just a UI ease-of-use factor; it doesn't change the linked cooldowns.

Well aware of the abilities current UI positioning. (main is a Science Captain, flying Science ships)

My point being, "Special Ability Tray": Aren't Target Subsystem abilities technically "special" for those ships that have it? (i.e Science ships)
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    glad the pug pvp que will be WAI.

no fix for the backward reward you get for killing planet killers in the space warzone? you know, how killing 2/3 gives you 90 marks wile killing 3/3 only gives you 60 AND forces you to fight the voth for 5 minutes to get 15 more?

and how about the unidine assault giving half as many marks as it says you should get? intended or not, for how long it takes to play through that, at least a doubling of the marks reward is appropriate. even the TRIBBLE backward space warzone rewards for time invested makes that mission look like a joke.
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jheinig wrote: »

How about extending the action bars to extend out to 12 buttons instead of the current 10? My Science characters are running out of places to put buttons that can be applied to keyboard shortcuts! (especially my science Romulans that not only have sensor analysis and subsytem targeting, but also singularity core powers, and if flying the Solanae ships, alt-mode conversion... not to mention all the regular captain/boff powers and activatable items)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
    edited May 2014
    How about extending the action bars to extend out to 12 buttons instead of the current 10? My Science characters are running out of places to put buttons that can be applied to keyboard shortcuts! (especially my science Romulans that not only have sensor analysis and subsytem targeting, but also singularity core powers, and if flying the Solanae ships, alt-mode conversion... not to mention all the regular captain/boff powers and activatable items)

I approve of the 12 button extension. STO (when it was released) was the only MMO I knew, that was limited to 10 abilities per bar, whereas pretty much every MMO in existence until then, had 12 abilities per bar. The alternative, is adding additional bars of 10, and the UI is cluttered enough as it is.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thank you for the ship slots and FINALLY fixing the dilithium reward for Crystalline Cataclysm. I've been confused as hell for months about how I would get 960 one run and then the next seven runs it would be 480 with no explanation, rhyme, or reason. I got 480 and first place.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    druhin wrote: »
    I approve of the 12 button extension. STO (when it was released) was the only MMO I knew, that was limited to 10 abilities per bar, whereas pretty much every MMO in existence until then, had 12 abilities per bar. The alternative, is adding additional bars of 10, and the UI is cluttered enough as it is.

The funny thing is, in earlier builds there were actual keyboard bindings under settings that pointed to action bar buttons 11 and 12 ('-' and '=', respectively), but you couldn't place any abilities in there because the UI stopped at button 10.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So once again you have not fixed the fact that you have broken the graphics engine so bad we have to run it on a setting that looks like a game from the 1990s, nor have you even admitted that its a known issue. Keep up the good work, if you consider making people quit and play better games good work anyway.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1090131
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    [*]Crystalline Entity (Elite) queue now awards 960 Dilithium upon completion.
    Care to fix The Breach (Elite) as well? It was awarding mere 480 lately (like on normal), yet I could have sworn it was 960 for Elite when it launched.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    it would be nice if the choice of Marks for CE was more then just Fleet and Nukara Marks
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Are these ship slots only for current Captains or for future Captains as well?
  • raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Why?

Are you fighting the Voth? Undine? Borg?
    Does it take place in Romulan space?

You know the answer to those questions dont you ... no, you cannot farm CEE 24/7 for your marks needs.

you weren't exactly facing any of the mention enemy in something like the mirror event but you still got a larger choice of marks then CE
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Fixing the breach to 960 dilithium would be logical.
    you weren't exactly facing any of the mention enemy in something like the mirror event but you still got a larger choice of marks then CE

That was a special event that you were essentially required to run every day, I'll bet they knew that it took a long damn time. Allowing it to sub for your other mark grinding was a way to lessen the blow.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,239 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No fix or even acknowledgment about half the Undine rep store mines being broken? Will this end up like the fleet store mines which has similar broken and missing items after a year?
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Another outstanding issue you should be aware of:

Vault Ensnared rewards just 3 marks, regardless of performance.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Really hate the fact that Vesta was replaced by this Tempest abomination in ESD.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited May 2014

I would also like more tray rows or them extend to 12 powers or ideally both.

Why the main tray is limited to three rows is a bit puzzling. I still prefer it to having my powers assigned to the Bridge Officer tray only, I usually have it hidden and want to have all my stuff in the main tray.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Surprise.. still no gal x visual fixes. Prob be another 2 years before you guys get on that, even though its been reported by numerous folks. :confused:

Also Quv kdf adapted helmet. Just noticed my females bofs have it... so why doesn't my main have the helmet but has the armor... doesn't make any sense.

^^^ This and how about fixing the helmet issue with the Hirogen Armor. The same colors on the body do not match the same colors for the helmet once applied. Considering it costs 200 Lobi, it will hopefully get fixed sooner than later.

longasc wrote: »
    I would also like more tray rows or them extend to 12 powers or ideally both.

Why the main tray is limited to three rows is a bit puzzling. I still prefer it to having my powers assigned to the Bridge Officer tray only, I usually have it hidden and want to have all my stuff in the main tray.

I would say the best solution to this would be to make the tray scalable. You can stretch and resize bank, inventory, and many other windows. If that could be applied to the power tray, I think that would make a lot of people very happy.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited May 2014
    I think, that the best patch note in here, which already went live...

It has to be the Two Free ship slots...

Thanks Cryptic... :)
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Not sure what happened but ran into something odd on Holodeck.

My KDF fleet hit tier IV sci and I slotted the transwarp IV project. It wanted 7 particle traces so I went to donate them. Instead of the particle list it gave me a list of EVERY item I owned in my inventory or bank. Including ship boxes, consoles, and all the doffs and prisoners in my roster.

Just to see if it would work I donated 2 warp coils and 5 tribble carcasses I had, and the project filled. Should have tried using a lockbox or a ship box that I had claimed from the cstore and check if those would work but it only wanted 7 items.

Not sure how it glitched like that. And can't really try again as the project is half filled already.

Just something to look into.
  • mehlindemehlinde Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Need to be able to hide that special powers tray please !!