test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cardassian Galor build advice

forecaster17forecaster17 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Federation Discussion
I have been playing for quite a long time and I want to know if my build meets up to other peoples standards and if there is room for improvement.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=galorbuilddeffence_0

Plz examen and rate

Notes:I have the pirate distress call,my rep abilities are well thought out to meet a shield tank+damage role,The only thing I believe is wrong with the build is the warp core and maybe the engineering console layout (SIF generator).
Bonus acc=25%
Bonus crit=12.2%
crit sev=50%

Reps=active hull hardening,enhanced shield penetration(5% off Shields),precision(+4 crit chance),enhanced shield systems(+10% shield cap)
I do not yet have any active reps :(
Post edited by forecaster17 on

Comments

• dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So pvp?

/10 chars
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • forecaster17forecaster17 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I forgot to mention my normal (space) traits:
    accurate, efficient captain, elusive, techie, warp theorist, and last ditch effort.
    edited May 2014
    So...is it a pvp build? only serious reason why you go one if each ability.

Big issues...

No kcb but your using the assimilated module

No nukara console

No attack patterns

Obelisk warp core yet no ap weapons...Swap for an elite fleet warp core

No idea what your doffs are

Using the elachi torpedo...it's rather poor. and the 2p bonus is base boost...not worth using it unless using the 3p or the cannon and the console

I'd swap that shield for a fleet elite one...

If you swap the shield, swap the engine as well.

If you are pvping, keep that deflector, that stealth detection bonus is hot

So...is it pvp?

You are super vulnerable to tractor beams

• coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have been playing for quite a long time and I want to know if my build meets up to other peoples standards and if there is room for improvement.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=galorbuilddeffence_0

Plz examen and rate

Notes:I have the pirate distress call,my rep abilities are well thought out to meet a shield tank+damage role,The only thing I believe is wrong with the build is the warp core and maybe the engineering console layout (SIF generator).
    Bonus acc=25%
    Bonus crit=12.2%
    crit sev=50%

Reps=active hull hardening,enhanced shield penetration(5% off Shields),precision(+4 crit chance),enhanced shield systems(+10% shield cap)
    I do not yet have any active reps :(

You can now add your space traits (rep system) in the skill planner.

Also, please include your DOFFs, the type of BOFFs you have slotted (human, Rom, etc)

The Elachi 2 pc for you is better with the torp and console... cuz you have a beam build.

Also, you should fill out your skill tree so we know what you have so far.

Here are my recommended changes: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=galorbuilddeffencenew_99

I set the warp core as the elite hyper-charged one that gives bonus aux & engines but the other one the elite reinforced gives bonus to aux & shields. Read more here to fig out what your needs are: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Warp_Cores

My current main toon has his power set in the Vesta Class at 100 AUX/ 50 Weapons / 25 Shields & Engines. You would need to set yours at 100 Weapons/50 Shields/ 25 AUX & Engines with my setup.

I added the Rom Zero Point Console cuz your crit chance and crit sev are low. I'm hovering at 34.4% acc, 21.7% crit chance, 102.8% crit sev but this is because I'm using two rep system skills (which I added in my version of your build) that enhance crit chance & sev, the Tahyokinetic console, the Zero Point Console, the Borg Assimilated module, 2 purple Romulan BOFFs with superior Rom Operative traits.
  • forecaster17forecaster17 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Is the double field generators a good idea for the science consoles.It gives my ship a shield mod of 1.3(basic)+.2+.2=a total shield mod of 1.8(10% from rep)

Also I think the cannon is OK because it is a disruptor so it is effected by my tac consoles and I can broadside with it as it has a range of 180*.
    edited May 2014
    Is the double field generators a good idea for the science consoles.It gives my ship a shield mod of 1.3(basic)+.2+.2=a total shield mod of 1.8(10% from rep)

Also I think the cannon is OK because it is a disruptor so it is effected by my tac consoles and I can broadside with it as it has a range of 180*.

Sometimes, I think my posts are invisible

• coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited May 2014

To be honest: Just No. You are wasting away the cannon as you have a beam build. It won't take advantage of the beam abilities from your BOFFs. Synergy... with BOFF skills, DOFFs you slot, your captain skills, space equipment, your captain & rep skills are a must.

My Vesta performs well thanks to that mentality and when I feel like subjecting myself to PVP, I can tank in it. KDF toons are shocked at that. But I usually play in PVE land so I really don't care.

Oh, and dahminus... I did read your post. Field Gens in general are useless now esp in this ship IMO since it already has a 1.3 shield mod... keeping the shields up would be the priority. Hence the Adapted MACO Shield & Engine combo I recommended. I'm still waiting for a rep system shield regen console that will be more epic than the standard MK XII purple to come into the game. If anything, I'd swap the Field Emitter for the Shield Regen console at MK XII purple quality in the build I recommended. But that's why I also requested for the person to post how they allocated their skill points: I want to see what they have currently.
    edited May 2014
    I'm sure you would've...I'm still wondering if it's a pvp or pve build

• nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    Sometimes, I think my posts are invisible

Patient suffers from cognitive deficit, not visual-sensory alternations. Doctor orders spoonfeed.:P

Fit as such:
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=noobsgalorfixed_0

Download this, put in Startrekonline/live folder:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10867847/spacebar.txt

In game, type:
    /bind_load_file spacebar.txt

Move bridge officer skills to tray 7 and 8

Get 3x purple technicians and add them to space duty.

Mash spacebar and win.:cool:
    edited May 2014
    noblet wrote: »
    Patient suffers from cognitive deficit, not visual-sensory alternations. Doctor orders spoonfeed.:P

Fit as such:
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=noobsgalorfixed_0

Download this, put in Startrekonline/live folder:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10867847/spacebar.txt

In game, type:
    /bind_load_file spacebar.txt

Move bridge officer skills to tray 7 and 8

Get 3x purple technicians and add them to space duty.

Mash spacebar and win.:cool:

So, you calling me dumb and blind or the op?

• nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    So, you calling me dumb and blind or the op?

Don't tell that to OP, that's not nice.;)
  • ddemlongddemlong Member Posts: 294
    edited May 2014
    My Galor build. So far I have great survival and have done 24k dps with it.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=20kgalor_6084
    I use to do 100K DPS, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Your Ramming Speed III deals 242658 (243540) Kinetic Damage (Critical) to you.
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    coffeemike wrote: »
    To be honest: Just No. You are wasting away the cannon as you have a beam build. It won't take advantage of the beam abilities from your BOFFs. Synergy... with BOFF skills, DOFFs you slot, your captain skills, space equipment, your captain & rep skills are a must.

Although, with a 180 arc, the cannon has a wider reach than the Torp from the set.

Why not use the cannon again?
  • ddemlongddemlong Member Posts: 294
    edited May 2014
    Although, with a 180 arc, the cannon has a wider reach than the Torp from the set.

Why not use the cannon again?

Because the single cannons suck in this game.
    I use to do 100K DPS, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Your Ramming Speed III deals 242658 (243540) Kinetic Damage (Critical) to you.
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I can see that point of view, but there is a bigger picture I think. Assuming the cruiser can be positioned against the target to use all the BAs, a 180 degree cannon is applying more pressure against the target versus the torpedo which can only be used at the cost of the four rear weapons (if no KCB is slotted).

Is the "burst damage" from the torpedo better than the single cannon over the length of a fight?
  • colonelsanderzcolonelsanderz Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Here is my Galor build. I have used it in both PvE and PvP. Very tough little ship and withstood a 45k+ alpha strike from a fleet members tricked out Fleet Mogai.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=ussstygian_0
    ?