What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Galaxy Dreadnought

2»

Comments

• keppoch1keppoch1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kelshando wrote: »
    the anti-mater spead 2 set has been proven to be a lose of effective resistance. If you need proof. Got out side ESD... look at your defenses swap the anti-mater spread with a fleet nuetronium/rcs (turn) console. Look at the resistances / turn with them on and off.. you should see about a 7 to 8% loss in resistance and only about a .3 to .7 turn rate gain with the AMS installed vs the fleet console.

Now if you do not have a fleet console.. then you could use the AMS as a stop gap till you can get one.

why not put the antimatter spread in a science console slot and keep the neutronium/rcs console in place?
  • almaircalmairc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Was wondering, how does the dread, esp fleet compare to the oddy ?
  • kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    keppoch1 wrote: »
    why not put the antimatter spread in a science console slot and keep the neutronium/rcs console in place?

no room... 2x neutronium, leech, uni assimilated or the zero point console for the engineering.

sausor spereration and nukura uni for sci. and 4x tac console.

Everything there will give you better stats power or effects then that anti-mater spread... now if cryptic made a resistance instead of a skill buffs.. then maybe it would be worth it.. but right now its just not.
  • red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    almairc wrote: »
    Was wondering, how does the dread, esp fleet compare to the oddy ?

IMO the dreadnought tends to be focused much more heavily on a tank/DPS hybrid role. It's able to exercise the DPS portion of that role in a much more effective way if you have the saucer separation console and DPS-oriented fighters (or at least, runabouts). The lance is very hit-and-miss, both figuratively and literally; it misses more than it should (but not as much as some say), and the output can vary - I've blown away Bulwarks with one shot, and I've had Frigates absorb the entire output with their shields. It seems to be much more effective when the saucer is separated. I can't say much for the cloaking device, but I don't use it on this ship. IMO the antimatter spread is a toy that isn't worth all that much, and the saucer sep+antimatter spread combo has a set bonus that's worth less than an Elite Fleet Neutronium Mk XII with [Turn]. The Dreadnought saucer is superior to any other saucer I've used, and I've got all three Fed saucers. The Fleet Dreadnought is very rugged, better than the Odyssey, although the standard Dreadnought is not quite as tough as the Ody.

The Odyssey on the other hand seems to be a lot more versatile. Essentially its biggest strength, and selling point, is that it can do almost anything decently, but this comes at the price of doing many of these roles excellently, especially considering some of the sacrifices you have to make to put the ship into some roles. Its toys are all console-based, and a DPS-centric role requires sacrifices, e.g. aux2bat can be very hard to put together with assigning the Lt. Cmdr console to an tac for max DPS. Arguably, however, Aux2Bat is not as necessary on an Ody as most other cruisers considering how many tac slots it can have with the appropriate BOff seating arrangement. IMO the saucer separation option is not quite as beneficial on the Ody as the Dreadnought, but it's definitely useful. The Aquarius is all but useless for most people as a support pet and in no way compares to a fighter. It's more of a flying coffin than anything, and likely staffed with the Common DOffs that displeased you because it's easier to explain to Starfleet that they died on the Aquarius than have them executed. The saucer has some staying power, but doesn't do much of value, but saucer separation is to get rid of the saucer, not gain a pet. The set three-piece bonus isn't IMO worth all that much, it just makes the saucer suck slightly less, but the two piece can be very useful if you use the Ody bonus powers regularly.

In terms of which is better, that's pretty much up to you, I'd say. I think I like my Dreadnought playstyle a bit more, but I only use my Ody on my Eng, and my Dreadnought on one of my Tacs. I don't think either of these ships is especially or spectacularly "better" than the other, although the Fleet Dreadnought is much more competitive than a standard Dreadnought. Also, the Dreadnought makes its best showing as an Aux2Bat cruiser, but the Ody has more options that are effective - that said, the DPS might not be so great.

All just IMO, though. I don't minmax like some people, so if you're going for max DPS, your mileage may vary, especially compared to mine. Be sure to do some research if you're planning on buying one or the other (or both).
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited May 2014
    How fun will the ship be in the long run ?

BfaW/Apb/tt

over and over and over

A Avenger will give you the same dps and moar..... with lot more choices in the long run

Thats if you can get over how small and ulgy it is :P

So will a Fleet assualt but at least it is a good looking ship

The worst thing i see about the Gal-X is its boring nature of 3 tac stations
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »

BfaW/Apb/tt

over and over and over

A Avenger will give you the same dps and moar..... with lot more choices in the long run

Last ISE I did I think 15k dps.. so it can do dps fine.. with saucer separation, lance, fighters.. it a fun ship to fly.

One thing you will need are good doffs.. namely energy beam cool down reduction and techs.

The thing is its tanky as well.. A Avenger wont tank as well as a Galaxy-X. But both ships can dps.. slight edge to the Avenger, where as the Galaxy will have a edge in survivability.

Fun is kinda subjective... I think the Galaxy X is fun.. I love the look.. the feel of it.. while I didn't like the look of the Oddy.

As far as the Lance... well the single target can be very hit or miss.. you will pretty much always hit with 1 lance.. but the 2nd seems to iffy if it hits.. I also noticed that its best to use the single target shot on non shielded targets for best effect.

Now the AOE lance.. its much more effective over all. If there is a clump of ships or someone grav welled a group for you it can do a ton of damage to all the them.. and seems to hit pretty much all the time.. the only issue with hit detection with it is when I have been way yo close and turning.. and do to lag it would fire but hit nothing.. but if your 4 to 6k out its worked flawless for me.

Another note though.. if your going to be wanting to get the most effect from your lance.. your pretty much stuck with phaser.
  • paxdawnpaxdawn Member Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »

BfaW/Apb/tt

over and over and over

Fleet Avenger and Fleet Dreadnought are a statistical tie in dps in a typical A2B build using the same toon.

Fleet Galaxy X is slower/less manueverable than Fleet Avenger but, Fleet Galaxy X has 4 tac consoles and a fighter slot.

Both have their uses, as long as you maximize what they are good at rather than what they are weak at.