test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Swimwear

caderenardcaderenard Member Posts: 26 Arc User
From what it looks like swimwear will only be able to be worn on Risa. Devs, Can you make it so we can also wear it on our ships, and other private maps like fleet maps. Thanks
Post edited by caderenard on

Comments

• Options
    enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Great, we can have make-believe gingerbread men chase us all over the galaxy but swimsuits, Risa only? And how much will these swimsuits cost? Does anyone know?
  • Options
    startrek1warsstartrek1wars Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They can't chase us anymore :( (the gingerbread men) BRING BACK THE GINGERBREAD MENS' ABILITY TO MOVE, CRYPTIC! :D
    Swimsuits cost 50 favors, I believe. Not certain, though.
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Tbey cost 500 to 2000 favours.

Cryptic, please make them available on private maps like Fleet holdings, bridges, foundry maps....

especially foundry maps with water on them.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If I can't wear them everywhere, I'm not buying them.

To people who support more customization restrictions: Mind your own business.
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As I said in a different thread, if they are going to be restricted to a map that there is no reason to go to ten and a half months in the year, then they should be handed out for free the second you beam down.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    borthaniusborthanius Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If there are restrictions put on where I can wear my clothing I'm not going to bother "GRINDING" to get swimwear I can only wear in certain locations. I don't see any logic to clothing restrictions @ all. Orions can now wander anywhere wearing their standard bikinis, so what's the issue? I can also see all the unforseen costume bugs that will be introduced if these restrictions are implimented & every Orion in the game having issues. I still have unfixed costume issues on the KDF side & don't want more introduced because of the posibility of bikinis on ESD.
  • Options
    sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Being able to wear them on our ship as well makes sense, it's our private bridge that can only be accessed by us and those we invite.
    y1arXbh.png

• Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Please let us use them anywhere. They are stupidly expensive and you could make some really cool combinations using them with other outfits.
  • Options
    sammiefightersammiefighter Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Let me guess . .they'll be colour locked like the winter costumes too?

Cryptic trying so hard to make even tiny unlocks worthelss.
  • Options
    caderenardcaderenard Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm really tired of the restrictions in the clothing. I'd love to be able to mix and match everything. From M.A.C.O. Armor to Off Duty, to any other item of clothing. Even if some items or clothing pieces were restricted to private areas.

I'd like a Dev to comment on this, but i'm not gonna hold my breath.
  • Options
    borthaniusborthanius Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This is an astonishing example of idiocy Cryptic. It's pointless to grind for the new swimwear, especially if you're KDF. Grind for the bikini & then grind for marauder status, just so you can wear the bikini on Risa? Why?! Meantime all the Orion girls on Quonos can wear their bikinis anywhere, with no restrictions & no grinding necessary. Where is the logic in not allowing us to wear swimwear anywhere we choose? Tell the mommies not to let their little kids play if they're worried about exposing their children to animated characters wearing swimwear. What an incredible example of stupidity.
  • Options
    captainpirkocaptainpirko Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    STO...

where the powers of subspace are manipulated to make people dance, but cant wear swimsuits off risa.

where luxury cruse ships do more damage then galaxy class dreadnoughts, solo elite borg STFs, have crews full of klingons, jemhadar, ferengi, romulans, mirror universe romulans, tholians, etc.... but players cant wear swimsuits off risa.

where Orions can spend all day running through ground warzones, PVP, STFs, and story missions, all with only a few thin straps of leather that'd make slave Leia blush. but players cant wear a one piece off risa. nope. not even their own starbase.

where grown klingon warriors spend all day on risa's beach sculpting sand castles, but at least they cant wear a wetsuit off risa.

i can understand maaaybe trying to force such restrictions in ground STFs. that's understandable if still ridiculous with the orions still around. however there is no reason to force me to wear a uniform while i'm on my starbase, or on k-7, etc. this is not the time to try and cater to RPers. not when so many other things are so much more disruptive.
    [SIGPIC]Timelords Fleet [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aureleusaureleus Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Have you guys/gals Looked at these new swimwear ? They look Ridiculously poorly textured and the models are the same. There are No Seams what so ever or detailed normal maps. Just Flat models and even flatter textures >.>.

Hell we don't even get what the Risians them selfs wear! I was hoping that this year we Might get that, but Nope.

Cryptic needs to go back and make some swimwear thats WORTH grinding for.
  • Options
    guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ground STFs are serious business. Now that we have a serious Summer update, they'll begin seriously, with serious people dancing seriously under a serious disco ball for delicious, delicious Avoidance.

I wonder if the Avoidance buff will stack from multiple sources. It would be great to stack up 100% Avoidance and 100% Dodge... it'll go nicely with our 85% expose chance and 88% crit chance. Season 10 I expect to be able to boost those both to 100%. I believe.

I don't wonder enough to grind for it, though.
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    guriphu wrote: »
    Ground STFs are serious business. Now that we have a serious Summer update, they'll begin seriously, with serious people dancing seriously under a serious disco ball for delicious, delicious Avoidance.

I wonder if the Avoidance buff will stack from multiple sources. It would be great to stack up 100% Avoidance and 100% Dodge... it'll go nicely with our 85% expose chance and 88% crit chance. Season 10 I expect to be able to boost those both to 100%. I believe.

I don't wonder enough to grind for it, though.

I'm really hoping the buff doesn't stack from multiple sources. Additionally I'm hoping it doesn't stack with any other dodge bonuses. As I understand it 100% avoidance should provide 100% damage reduction. If there isn't diminishing returns on Avoidance, then we will have people running around immune to all damage via disco balls. I knew those glowing circles were sinister, but this is a new low...
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    ensignswensonensignswenson Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What is the point of grinding your rear off...especially for someone like me who has 30 plus toons, for gear we can only use in a place that you have reason go to 40 days of the year? Not to mention its harder to attain lohlunut favors than it was last summer. Also, for our Klingon toons who can only go to Risa IF we have Marauder status, how is grinding for the gear not a complete and total waste? This is supposed to be fun but they manage to find a way to take the fun out of it, its asinine and non nonsensical. Only Cryptic can put all this cool new stuff in and yet still manage to find a way to make the event worse as a whole than last year. I'd be having the time of my life IF:

A. The Horgon Hunt was still twice an hour like last summer

B. I had some place to actually wear/use this stuff off of Risa

C. The finish line of the race was an acutal finish line, not some stupid flag
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Dev plz lets us use swimwear on mission like stf's - foundry mission - FE and - solo mission i can get why ppl dont wont to see it on ESD but outside of that it should be like im told when i dont wont to be group with AFKers so on "dont pug"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    apedilbertapedilbert Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Let me guess . .they'll be colour locked like the winter costumes too?

Cryptic trying so hard to make even tiny unlocks worthelss.

Ugh, those color-locked jackets. I was going to dress up in a Sgt Pepper costume but there are big white patches on the side I can't get rid of. Ruined the look.