test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Editing is currently down

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Hello captains! Editing is currently down for the Foundry. We are in the process of republishing all projects. This is being done in order to fix the issues with interact points on new ESD not working with already existing Foundry missions.

Once this process is finished, we will turn editing back on.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• jezaleighajezaleigha Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Is this why I can't find my new foundry mission, or the others I regularly do?

Any idea how long it will take?

When will reviewing be back on?
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    All missions are pulled during a republish. They'll slowly return as each one is republished. It usually takes a few days.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I hope it's up by this weekend.
  • arpaiaarpaia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'll just have to work on the planning bits for the moment, I guess...
  • nenfisnenfis Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Come on, again, to see if they are lucky and will republish all, because I have two days republishing my missions that are not published automatically and will have to do it again.

I'm bored with everything from foundry ....
  • rogueeenterpriserogueeenterprise Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Has anyone tested the spotlight ESD-starting missions to see if the fix was successful?

-Edit- I just tried "Repair Utopia Planitia" which was an affected spotlight, and I zoned into the mission from the console in the conf room on ESD. So maybe it's fixed!
  • isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nenfis wrote: »
    Come on, again, to see if they are lucky and will republish all, because I have two days republishing my missions that are not published automatically and will have to do it again.

I'm bored with everything from foundry ....

Despite the door problem, this is a lot quicker than previous times. This delay with republishing is worth it to have all these missions fixed.
  • nenfisnenfis Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Despite the door problem, this is a lot quicker than previous times. This delay with republishing is worth it to have all these missions fixed.

The problem I have is not that fast republish the problem that I have long known that 5 missions are not automatically republican, so I have to manually ago.

That means more than an hour lost republishing missions every so often.

And had republished this week :(

A greeting.
  • mephistocularmephistocular Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I had just completed my first mission when all the new season content was added. It had not been rated yet.

So, that's been turned off for a few weeks, disallowing any new mission publishing. Kind of a bummer.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I had just completed my first mission when all the new season content was added. It had not been rated yet.

So, that's been turned off for a few weeks, disallowing any new mission publishing. Kind of a bummer.
    It will likely take less time than that. they already completed one republish.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    The republish should now be completed.

As I noted in the bug forum, but will recap here, from what I've seen, the issue with interacts not working on ESD is now fixed. However, the issue with waypoints may still persist. Please check your missions and let me know what you find.

Just to be clear, an object interact (console, potted plant, lamp, etc.) should display a waypoint. The ones on ESD will do so with a newly made mission, but they may not display on a previously published mission. Doors will not, nor have they ever for UGC missions, display a waypoint.

Editing will be turned back on "soon" but I have no more specific an e.t.a. than that.

The issue of Featured Projects possibly needing editing to account for the ESD changes is a known issue. I have no information at this time as to if unfeaturing of projects for editing will be allowed. I've passed on all the information I have on the issue, but the decision will be made by higher ups. I ask that everyone please be patient.

That's all I have at this time, and I thank you for your support.
    STO QA Team
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The republish should now be completed.

As I noted in the bug forum, but will recap here, from what I've seen, the issue with interacts not working on ESD is now fixed. However, the issue with waypoints may still persist. Please check your missions and let me know what you find.

Just to be clear, an object interact (console, potted plant, lamp, etc.) should display a waypoint. The ones on ESD will do so with a newly made mission, but they may not display on a previously published mission. Doors will not, nor have they ever for UGC missions, display a waypoint.

Editing will be turned back on "soon" but I have no more specific an e.t.a. than that.

The issue of Featured Projects possibly needing editing to account for the ESD changes is a known issue. I have no information at this time as to if unfeaturing of projects for editing will be allowed. I've passed on all the information I have on the issue, but the decision will be made by higher ups. I ask that everyone please be patient.

That's all I have at this time, and I thank you for your support.
    You're welcome, and thanks for keeping us up-to-date, Frost.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    foundry editing is back up!
  • designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Thank you for the input, Frost, and I will be patient. :)
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    foundry editing is back up!

Confirmed.