What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• Options
    startrek1warsstartrek1wars Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Question-Is the Odyssey pips only showing up on one side of the neck for BOFFS, but both for players, a bug?
  • Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Anyone think Cryptic should add Gorn cloths, from ENT, TOS, and/or more original?
  • Options
    chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Didn't see it mentioned in the OP, so I thought I'll mention it.

Bought the fleet miner outfit to find out that my female Reman has some issues with the (under)shirt.
    In the short sleeve variant, the bare part of her arms are missing, as well as the body below the neck on the front side.
    This also with the long sleeve veariant. Simply invisible.

I'll post a pic as soon as I've found a free alternative to imageshack. Suggestions are welcome. ^^

EDIT:

Okay, here it is:

http://i.imgur.com/3ykPZe0l.jpg

If this pic doesn't suffice, let me know.
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • Options
    zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Is the fix going to include fixing the various color linking/locking issues that I have seen with some of my Romulan/Reman and KDF bridge officers or sometimes characters? If not, please work on that too sometime, thank you. :)
  • Options
    sway82sway82 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I know it has been mentioned in an old thread, but not been adressed in this awesome thread (as far as i know). So ill add it here, maybe someday it'll get fixed.

There is a gap between the com badge and the chest and the badge itself looks very thin, like a sticker or something. I really like the Wells uniform but this annyos me a bit (much) ... :D

http://imgur.com/O8hWda0
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Missing Omega Force helmet on Alien female:

http://i.imgur.com/mVbvmul.jpg

Missing Omega Force shoulder pads and collar on Alien female:

http://i.imgur.com/hIW7xLP.jpg

I know the missing helmets has been reported before, but it's still an issue. The missing shoulder pads is a new one for me though.

Edit: Upon checking out what the Omega Force is supposed to look like and the options it has, the second picture I linked is also missing the Omega Force collar option on Alien females. Updated that part in the text above.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Is the fix going to include fixing the various color linking/locking issues that I have seen with some of my Romulan/Reman and KDF bridge officers or sometimes characters? If not, please work on that too sometime, thank you. :)

You may already be aware of this, but the random button can work around these issues. I'm not sure it always works, but I used it to unlock my male Romulans' belts from their undershirts.
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    callevista wrote: »
    Please send us a screenshot, or a description of the exact issue. Also, race and gender of the affected character(s) will help a lot. It's likely this has already been flagged for investigation, but I just want to make sure.

How about fixing the Dual Spines for toons on the KDF side? They do not morph with the head scale sliders for female aliens.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2014

My Orion has terrible color linking problems. I've just come to assume they'll never be fixed.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can you post a screenshot of the affected uniform?
    Sorry, I didn't come back for a while, but you appear to have fixed the issue anyway, so thank you very much.
    kagasensei wrote: »
    Problem with all the recently added hairstyles (Khan-style; elegant; Punk01) on my female Betazoid: Either my character's head is too large, or the hairstyle-models are too small - anyway, the scalp is clipping through the hair in various places. Happens even if I decrease head size as much as possible. Does not occur with any of the other hairstyles.

I've suffered these problems too, though the New Elegant Hairstyle also has a single spot in the back with the same issue.

Also with that and the Khan hairstyle especially I keep seeing the transparency mesh. It's not restricted to the hair styles but also to the Crystalline Entity. I have MSAAX8, am I doing something wrong?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    Some outstanding issues are going through testing right now including missing Omega helmets , clipping hair, missing Jem Hadar armor pieces, and missing Kit parts (visual). Once we've tested their resolutions, they'll be sent out in a patch. Of course there are other bugs that also must be prioritized that I haven't mentioned here - so I can't promise any specific times when the resolutions will hit the live servers (assuming they pass testing). But I expect some of them to reach you in a week or two.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thank you.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Is it me or are all those Bug fixes in the last few month Mr. DeAngelo's orders?

Like: bug fix priority, new costumes will take a little longer?

Not that I am mad about it
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Some outstanding issues are going through testing right now including missing Omega helmets , clipping hair, missing Jem Hadar armor pieces, and missing Kit parts (visual). Once we've tested their resolutions, they'll be sent out in a patch. Of course there are other bugs that also must be prioritized that I haven't mentioned here - so I can't promise any specific times when the resolutions will hit the live servers (assuming they pass testing). But I expect some of them to reach you in a week or two.
    Good news, thanks!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Is it me or are all those Bug fixes in the last few month Mr. DeAngelo's orders?

Like: bug fix priority, new costumes will take a little longer?

Not that I am mad about it

Well, when he took over he did say that bug fixes were a priority of his.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'll mention this in case the character artists are unaware of it (although I'm guessing they already are :D)

Spire Uniform and Female Orion

You can wear sandals with the pants but not the skirt.

There's also a visible gap between where the pants end and the skin starts if you wear sandles with the pants, like with Gorn it looks like they've had their feet chopped off :eek:
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Some outstanding issues are going through testing right now... missing Jem Hadar armor pieces...

Would that be these?
    https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7335/14072140406_ef527e3e5c_o.png

1) Some shoulder attachments that flush with the backpack option.
    2) A zipper.
    3) Grenade attachment.
    4) Thigh Pouch.
    5) Upper arm attachment.
    6) Wrist computer (incidentally this would be fantastic default option for all).
    7) Big boots (shared by Breen).
    8) Dominion boots.

In addition there are a number of pieces of the Hirogen armour missing.
    https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7363/13949840848_700edf263f_o.png

1) Respirator
    2) Open helmet.
    3) Big silly collar thing
    4) Upside down shoulder thing.
    5) Scollped shoulder armour
    6) arm armour (goes between the gauntlet / bracer and the shoulder armour) without this the arms look far too thin.
    7) The LoR tailor breakdown allowed me to make it. It looks awesome!
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, when he took over he did say that bug fixes were a priority of his.

Hmm sounds much better then the last guy who will be unnamed :D

"Ok, so the players voted for the Krenim to be the main antigonists when we start with the Delta Quadrant. Ok, then we will give them the Voth. And I will be gone in time before they even realize it."

:D
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    13949840848_700edf263f_o.png

1) Respirator
    2) Open helmet.
    6) arm armour (goes between the gauntlet / bracer and the shoulder armour) without this the arms look far too thin.

YES! I need these for my Hirogen captain and crew! :D
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    edited May 2014

1) Respirator
    2) Open helmet.
    1) First, I sure would like to get the extra Hirogen armor pieces you found. I have to say I find the existing one to be plain, and distasteful. Adding those parts would help spruce it up.

2) As requested in the OP (and a few times throughout this thread), please only post links to pictures (as I just did in point #1 above). Once people start posting lots of pictures (and then other people start quoting/reposting them), a thread gets difficult to read. Thanks.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    2) As requested in the OP (and a few times throughout this thread), please only post links to pictures (as I just did in point #1 above). Once people start posting lots of pictures (and then other people start quoting/reposting them), a thread gets difficult to read. Thanks.

Ah sorry. I'll have to edit it later. I can't edit from IE.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    1) First, I sure would like to get the extra Hirogen armor pieces you found. I have to say I find the existing one to be plain, and distasteful. Adding those parts would help spruce it up.

Yes please. The current options are rather lacking. :(
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Ah sorry. I'll have to edit it later. I can't edit from IE.
    No worries, I appreciate your understanding. :)

• Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Would that be these?
    (picture)

1) Some shoulder attachments that flush with the backpack option.
    2) A zipper.
    3) Grenade attachment.
    4) Thigh Pouch.
    5) Upper arm attachment.
    6) Wrist computer (incidentally this would be fantastic default option for all).
    7) Big boots (shared by Breen).
    8) Dominion boots.

Please please please don't let these be left out. Wrist computers, boots, and pouches are the components I'd want on future characters that would be the reason I bought them the armor. Those kind of little modular details are scarce in the tailor right now, the more options, the better.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Callevista if you could please post in here when these updates of which you speak reach Holodeck, that would be great.

The OP has become outdated and fallen behind. There have been lots of changes in these last few months. Once Callevista's updates are done, I'm going to wipe the lists in the OP. I know at least some of them have been/will be fixed (including my own, though I think I've keep those updated). I'll also post updated steps for bug reporting. Anything new/outstanding at that point can be added/re-reported to a fresh list.

Since we've been getting lots costume bug support from the Devs of late (thanks Joe, Calle, Bort, and all the rest of the Dev Team), I will endeavor to keep the list updated/clean going forward to help them get things resolved.

Finally, thanks to the players who have kept this a positive/constructive thread! Unlike some other threads in these forums, this thread has remained quite civil and orderly, and I really appreciate your help!
    klaitu wrote: »
    Just as an aside you guys:

Best thread on the forums.
    Agreed! :D

• Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited May 2014

as of patch notes today. I'm unable to find any jem'hadar parts on any of my characters and their boffs. yes I have the lobi version mk xii
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    wazzagiow wrote: »
    as of patch notes today. I'm unable to find any jem'hadar parts on any of my characters and their boffs. yes I have the lobi version mk xii

Have you discarded it and reclaimed it?

#TASforSTO

• Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Have you discarded it and reclaimed it?

is that done at the lobi store? patch notes mention nothing about discarding anything or exchanging previously purchased xii versions for an updated xii version
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited May 2014
    I'm sure this will be of interest to you guys who are regulars in this thread. The Foundry Roundtable podcast interviewed CrypticJoeJing last night. We talked about all kinds of things from character design to costume issues.

The show is available in a variety of formats at StarbaseUGC.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    I'm sure this will be of interest to you guys who are regulars in this thread. The Foundry Roundtable podcast interviewed CrypticJoeJing last night. We talked about all kinds of things from character design to costume issues.

The show is available in a variety of formats at StarbaseUGC.
    Thanks. I just downloaded and will listen on my work commute tomorrow.