test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disintegrated while wearing the suit

goldenavarielgoldenavariel Member Posts: 110 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Running the Step Between Stars mission this evening and no matter what I do I can't "Fly Across to the Other Station". I put on the suit but as soon as I step into the passage I am disintegrated. It was my second suit so I tried using the original and got the same thing. I then recycled one of them just so there wouldn't be one in my inventory but still get the massive damage on stepping out.

Is this a known bug? Is there a work-around?
Post edited by goldenavariel on

Comments

• dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Did you activate the suit or just put it on?
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • goldenavarielgoldenavariel Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The dialog popped up but clicking on it did nothing. I finally had to press the X to close it. That is probably it but it isn't like I had a choice.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The problem is on some species/genders it shows you wearing the suit even though you haven't activated it. This happened on my Reman male character.
    edited May 2014
    Human male and this one has done it before a few months ago so either that isn't it or it's newly infected his species/gender. Whatever is wrong this is new for me. I do know that on the second pass it readied the suit and showed me wearing it as soon as I clicked on the crate and then the activate dialog popped up. I don't remember if the dialog was clickable during my first run but the only 2 things active on it this time were the option to turn off quick pop-ups and the close button.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You didnt make sure your space suit was sealed and air tight so you walked into space and died... you need to click the activation button... that will make the suit air tight and turn on the spot light on the suit. If you dont see the light then it's not activated. Stand in front of a wall that is in the dark area... then click the button.
    edited May 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »
    You didnt make sure your space suit was sealed and air tight so you walked into space and died... you need to click the activation button... that will make the suit air tight and turn on the spot light on the suit. If you dont see the light then it's not activated. Stand in front of a wall that is in the dark area... then click the button.

Where is the activation button? I don't see anything like that either in the dialog reminding me to do that or in the right-click menu on the suit.
  • jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The activation button is two buttons that appear on the mid-lower left of your screen - usually attached to your power tray. First button is 'activate/deactivate suit' while the second is 'space jump to hard point'. If you don't click the first one, the suit isn't active.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hmm, I might have had a fleet mate with this bug and they had to exit and re-enter the mission to fix it.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just remember, when your suit is active you can see a light on the front side of your suit
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just remember, when your suit is active you can see a light on the front side of your suit

When the light is green, the trap is clean.
    w8xekp.jpg
    edited May 2014
    jer5488 wrote: »
    The activation button is two buttons that appear on the mid-lower left of your screen - usually attached to your power tray. First button is 'activate/deactivate suit' while the second is 'space jump to hard point'. If you don't click the first one, the suit isn't active.

Thank you for the reminder. It wasn't there so I had forgotten about it. When I replayed it just now I noticed a 3rd tiny button to "Show EV Suit Tray" just above the expand and add set buttons. When I clicked on that I saw the tray and the activation button. I was then able to finish the mission.

My apologies for thinking this was a bug. I assume the little show-tray button was there all along and I just didn't notice it. Thanks everyone.