What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Body scale options: adjustments/additions and side effects

Comments

• Options
    extremis0extremis0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Dew to theses changes will species like caitian , Klingons and liberated borg have the same scale slide adjustment like alien have? for example i wanna make a 8 foot human or a Klingon wee man and the only way possible is threw using the alien slider witch only alien characters would have.

Now most response would be just make an alien but the problem is with that is that aliens don't come with all the traits that some specific species come with like libarated borg or caitian and other c-store species.

Main reasons why im asking for an option like this because i hate the restriction it have telling me what my characters max size would be [i can only be this short my neck bulk can only be this thin} while aliens can be what ever size they want :(.

Ok i feel like im ranting now:rolleyes: so if these changes could be made without TRIBBLE anything up like npc or other people who like how there characters turn out plz do it :) it would be so awesome remove the restrictions of the slider. if you cant :( well tried and the only request i have is can you plz tweak the head overall size,neck bulk and arm length to be a little smaller humans and libarated borgs if that possible.

Crypticjoejing have to say. A really kick TRIBBLE job BADONKADONKS!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Oh please. Please let that go live at least to Tribble first. I'll love you forever.
    "Hips Depth"

Could you have possibly picked a more suggestive name for that slider.

I think not.
  • Options
    daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    So you guys are further along that you let on, you sly devs.

He's trying to pull a Scotty on us :eek:
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Also, 'bonkadonk' - keep that in the game, please, it did make me laugh. LOL. :D:D:D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2014
    Keep the names on the preview sliders. Please :D

I'm really looking forward to trying these options on tribble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    On-off topic:

Do the Interface guys plan to finally get rid of both precreated head and hairstyle columns at the Tailor?

Now with so many Tailor unlocks both columns do get more and more annoying. When I zoom in, a lot of my characters is covert with those two columns.

Seconded.

Make it removable, or move both to the left or the right side.

I am really not sure what the rationale for the current ordering would be.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    daboholic wrote: »
    He's trying to pull a Scotty on us :eek:
    So, they want a reputation as a miracle worker.

Well if they can pull off granting more options without stomping all over people's desires to not have to go back in and retweak every single character they have, they'll have proved that they are, inflated numbers or not.
    On-off topic:

Do the Interface guys plan to finally get rid of both precreated head and hairstyle columns at the Tailor?

Now with so many Tailor unlocks both columns do get more and more annoying. When I zoom in, a lot of my characters is covert with those two columns.

Oh yes please.

They are deeply aggravating. I don't use them as I'd rather get it from the drop down, and frankly they get in the way more often than not. They may be useful in the initial creation, but after that, they're redundant. I would support being able to toggle the columns as long as the system remembered my choice so I wouldn't have to turn them off every time I went into the tailor.

And y'know....I'd like to speak on another subject. Can we please have a vertical scroll?

It's a pain in the tail trying to do color details on the lower half of the toons when zoom, zooms you in to the top half and eventually the face. What if I want to focus on shoes? Or even more prevalent hands and wrists. Especially with having the kit options now, I want to get in close and make sure I have colors matched.

And while I'm speaking on this, are there any plans to put a true black into the color schemes? Especially with hair. I know you don't want actual black for eye colors as that's specific to Betazoids, but the current dark brown ain't cuttin it. But black hair with no tints of blue or brown that's normal from Humans, to Vulcans, to Orions especially. Heck I feel that most of the uniforms need a darker black to them as well.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So, they want a reputation as a miracle worker.

If they keep doing stuff like this, let them have it. :D
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah we should have this to be tested on tribble first, just in case.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If they keep doing stuff like this, let them have it. :D

Agreed.

With the improvements proposed by crypticjoejing in this thread and the costume bug chasing being done by callevista in Havelock's tailor thread, I'm begining to think they really are attempting to work miracles :D
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Excuse me, I might got lost at the last turn. Is this the way to a Tier 5 Connie wish thread?

:P:D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Yeah we should have this to be tested on tribble first, just in case.

I thought that was SOP for these kinds of things anyway.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    starmada1starmada1 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd like to see something that allows us to make more realistic chubby characters, instead of them just looking like they are pregnant. I'd like to give my character a nice realistic pot belly. I would also like to see more hair options, which I know can't be easy... but alot of the current ones are really frumpy.

Personally I think the bust slider is fine, I mean tweak it so you can make the girls flat chested I guess because some people are into that, as long as it doesn't affect the larger side of the spectrum I don't really care.
  • Options
    flyingshoeboxflyingshoebox Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I’ve not really ever had a problem with the boob slider having more sliders for them would be cool like how pushed up or saggy they are and a slider for separation.

More importantly to me I’d really like to see more face sliders and leg a one or 2 feet. I tend to make all my toons aliens to take advantage of increased slider scale. The thing is the faces still all tend to have rather similar feature. Mostly because parts like the cheek bones are set in stone x, y and z axis manipulation would help there along fullness sliders for the cheeks themselves. Other things like nose tip tilt. Rather a good many for the face. I’ll have to add more later. Oh I know non symmetrical eye size sliders that would be fun.

As for the legs and feet I’d say a upper and lower calf slider with a gradient trapper slider. For the feet a width slider would be good since we already have a length and height. Or maybe a muscle slider for the legs that control how toned what you see is that could also work for the whole body really.

As for it bugging me that my toons would all go fugly till I got around to fixing them I’d not mind. Yes it would take time but I’d much rather have to put things back the way they were if I liked my characters look then not be able to mess more with them. I am the kinda player and will spend hours in character creation. I remember back when cox was around I would some time log in just to mess with the character editor and fiddle with costumes.

I really like the updates that have been happening with the toons the new heads and armor and kit costume options have be really nice I’d love to see more things like this keep popping up. Even if it was more in the c-store like a pack with just more hair styles in it or general clothing pack.
  • Options
    extremis0extremis0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    don't want to sound perverdy but you think you can increase the female butt size slider a little?:D
    seems a little small to me

and another thing ...body tattoos if possible .Rather have one there than on my face:):rolleyes::cool:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I’ve not really ever had a problem with the boob slider having more sliders for them would be cool like how pushed up or saggy they are and a slider for separation.
    That's actually a good idea. The TRIBBLE are alright to a point, but to say that they look natural all the time is...pushing it. Though micromanaging perkiness might be a bit much.
    More importantly to me I’d really like to see more face sliders and leg a one or 2 feet. I tend to make all my toons aliens to take advantage of increased slider scale. The thing is the faces still all tend to have rather similar feature. Mostly because parts like the cheek bones are set in stone x, y and z axis manipulation would help there along fullness sliders for the cheeks themselves. Other things like nose tip tilt. Rather a good many for the face. I’ll have to add more later. Oh I know non symmetrical eye size sliders that would be fun.

As for the legs and feet I’d say a upper and lower calf slider with a gradient trapper slider. For the feet a width slider would be good since we already have a length and height. Or maybe a muscle slider for the legs that control how toned what you see is that could also work for the whole body really.

As for it bugging me that my toons would all go fugly till I got around to fixing them I’d not mind. Yes it would take time but I’d much rather have to put things back the way they were if I liked my characters look then not be able to mess more with them. I am the kinda player and will spend hours in character creation. I remember back when cox was around I would some time log in just to mess with the character editor and fiddle with costumes.

I really like the updates that have been happening with the toons the new heads and armor and kit costume options have be really nice I’d love to see more things like this keep popping up. Even if it was more in the c-store like a pack with just more hair styles in it or general clothing pack.

I could spend hours tweaking in the tailor right now. It's like sculpting, you keep trying to find the true vision in the stone.
    extremis0 wrote: »
    don't want to sound perverdy but you think you can increase the female butt size slider a little?:D
    seems a little small to me

and another thing ...body tattoos if possible .Rather have one there than on my face:):rolleyes::cool:
    The badonkadonk slider is coming.
  • Options
    undyingzeroundyingzero Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey Joejing, I know this is rather minor, but is it possible to add a Brow Height slider? Maybe brow tilt? We already have Brow Protrusion and I found it odd I can't adjust brow height and make my character look a bit more menacing and/or serious.

Not a big deal, really, just something I'd like to see someday.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hey Joejing, I know this is rather minor, but is it possible to add a Brow Height slider? Maybe brow tilt? We already have Brow Protrusion and I found it odd I can't adjust brow height and make my character look a bit more menacing and/or serious.

Actually that's kind of a big issue for me, I end up having to adjust head height to compress a face enough for the eyebrows to be in the right position which can throw other parts of the proportion off and still not be satisfactory.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How in the world did I miss this thread? How could I have missed Badonkadonk slider?!

I am ashamed of myself for missing this. I truly am.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm curious about what's going on.

The last eight months seem like a veritable flurry of activity for the devs.

First we got the massive rep system overall from Season 8 through now along with the addition of the Sphere itself. Then there's the loadout, a few expansions on character creation options with another one being built right now, Cruiser Commands, raider flanking, Secondary Deflectors, a ground up rebuild of Earth Spacedock and have you guys been to Risa lately?

I remember what was seemingly a drought in content after Season 6 and now it just seems like you guys are releasing new thing after new thing after new thing. Good work to the entire dev team.

And thanks in advance for the free ship slots. :D
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm curious about what's going on...
    It's all that Legacy of Romulas Legacy and Hero Pack and Lockbox money finally starting to come to fruition. Based on what the Devs have said over the last year or so, the game has been doing very well. With the new income they had increased staff. However, what most people fail to consider: It takes time for new employees to get trained, learn Cryptic's engine/development programs, and to actually produce content that makes it to the public.

Basically, you reap what you sow. The seeds have been sown last year, and we're reaping the rewards: Lots of new development.

I should think that so long as money keeps rolling in (and there appears to be no reason to think otherwise, at this time), we'll keep seeing return on that investment.

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Who says money can't buy happiness? :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Well, the last time I bought happiness with money.. Oh wait this was in my dreams. Sorry
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Who says money can't buy happiness? :D
    Poor people?

lol

Just kidding.

:P

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    It's all that Legacy of Romulas Legacy and Hero Pack and Lockbox money finally starting to come to fruition. Based on what the Devs have said over the last year or so, the game has been doing very well. With the new income they had increased staff. However, what most people fail to consider: It takes time for new employees to get trained, learn Cryptic's engine/development programs, and to actually produce content that makes it to the public.

Basically, you reap what you sow. The seeds have been sown last year, and we're reaping the rewards: Lots of new development.

I should think that so long as money keeps rolling in (and there appears to be no reason to think otherwise, at this time), we'll keep seeing return on that investment.

:D

That's a good point, especially since Cryptic has their own unique engine. I still don't like lockboxes, but in the words of Triple H I guess it's "what's best for business".

The devs have consistently been saying that they're taking on new staff and it looks like that's exactly what has transpired. So much for the STO is a dying game crowd.

Carry on.
  • Options
    crypticjoejingcrypticjoejing Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014

Man, totally with you there and you'll be glad to know we're already implementing it.

Overall height was always available for devs, but it's something I've wished for making game characters. Luckily it was pretty easy to add.

A bit more tricky was implementing a furrow option so you can adjust the inner brow corners giving a slight "tilt".

FYI, though, the slider range is very subtle so you won't be able to do anything like a downright scowl. More along the lines of a slightly bewildered look or a slightly serious tone.

Reason it can't be too extreme is we have to be careful that it doesn't corrupt any face animations - hopefully something we can consider adding down the road as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Man, totally with you there and you'll be glad to know we're already implementing it.

Overall height was always available for devs, but it's something I've wished for making game characters. Luckily it was pretty easy to add.

A bit more tricky was implementing a furrow option so you can adjust the inner brow corners giving a slight "tilt".

FYI, though, the slider range is very subtle so you won't be able to do anything like a downright scowl. More along the lines of a slightly bewildered look or a slightly serious tone.

Reason it can't be too extreme is we have to be careful that it doesn't corrupt any face animations - hopefully something we can consider adding down the road as well.

Oh this is good news indeed! A brow slider would be really nice.

While we're on the subject I wish you could have a "demeanor" setting similar to stances, like grumpy, confident, happy, pleased whatever.

Give some spice to characters faces.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

While we're on the subject I wish you could have a "demeanor" setting similar to stances, like grumpy, confident, happy, pleased whatever.

This
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Man, CrypticJoe, you're just full of Win. :)

I'm happy with any amount of extra customization. Our toons all look so similar (dare I say... even as though we're related). The more we can mix-up any given characteristic, the better, I say.

Thanks!

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014

I don't see why this couldn't be done, since they have something like this in Champions Online.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch