test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Thread: The Vault Ensnared Rewards Bug (Resolved)

shuminshumin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Dear Cryptic

The reward pack for completing The Vault ensnared is bugged.
We just completed it, had 9 out 10 ships saved.
the web was stopped at 60 percent and we destroyed the battleship.

But the reward pack only contained 3 marks!
We did get the 55 marks from the daily pack, but only 3 for completing the stf.

My friend in the same group also got only 3 marks.

There has to be some bug in calculating how many marks we are supposed to get, because this is way to low.

Greetings

Carter
Post edited by shumin on

Comments

• xelkhasxelkhas Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Second that, got only 3 makrs too - really a way to low.
  • som3one1som3one1 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Same issue here, this queue is currently useless.
    If you are reading this you have stopped reading my post and are now reading my signature.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think the issue is that before season 9 you would be rewarded with 2 separate boxes. One box with the regular mark reward and a second box containing a bonus 3 marks. No idea why it was like that but with the changes to the reward system it seems something got messed up along the way.
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Same, thought it was a bad run then a fleet mate had a good run and got the same... Please fix, other than TD Sector Patrol getting Rom' marks is a pain as is, even without this bug!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • forsakenlight1forsakenlight1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yep just got 3 marks for a good chunk of my time. Sucks.
    Not as much as pre-ordering the game and still not being able to create a new thread but that's another story.
  • imcguigaimcguiga Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've run it a few times today and noticed the same problem.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hmm, didnt know people still ran the vault...last time i ran it was pre rep when we could still get the items needed for the reman set
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    hmm, didnt know people still ran the vault...last time i ran it was pre rep when we could still get the items needed for the reman set

This is about the event 'The Vault: Ensnared' that was added with season 7. You are referring to 'The Vault Shuttle Event' which is completely different (and at season 7 launch the items to get the upgraded reman set were removed because the set was moved to the then new reputation system).

I forgot to mention the 3 mark box you get are the bonus marks you get for defeating the named Tholian flagship before the timer runs out. Prior to season 9 when last I ran this event, I always got 2 mark boxes: a choice of romulan, nukara, or fleet marks, and a box containing 3 extra marks for what I had chosen. So if I chose nukara marks the second box would have 3 nukara marks extra. I could be misremembering though. But if I recall, if you failed to defeat the Tholian flagship before the time ran out you wouldn't get that extra 3 mark box.

I haven't played 'The Vault: Ensnared' since some time before season 9 launched. The reason being is because it seems not enough players queue for it anymore. :(
  • nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is about the event 'The Vault: Ensnared' that was added with season 7. You are referring to 'The Vault Shuttle Event' which is completely different (and at season 7 launch the items to get the upgraded reman set were removed because the set was moved to the then new reputation system).

I forgot to mention the 3 mark box you get are the bonus marks you get for defeating the named Tholian flagship before the timer runs out. Prior to season 9 when last I ran this event, I always got 2 mark boxes: a choice of romulan, nukara, or fleet marks, and a box containing 3 extra marks for what I had chosen. So if I chose nukara marks the second box would have 3 nukara marks extra. I could be misremembering though. But if I recall, if you failed to defeat the Tholian flagship before the time ran out you wouldn't get that extra 3 mark box.

I haven't played 'The Vault: Ensnared' since some time before season 9 launched. The reason being is because it seems not enough players queue for it anymore. :(

I think the bonus pack had a choice of marks too, even though it was only 3. I have always destroyed the flagship in my runs so I don't know if the marks pack is tied to it, I always get it though.
    I haven't run this mission since I finished my rom rep. It gives too little marks in return for the time invested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
    edited May 2014
    ah, so they did change it...i may just have to try it now...never really liked it much pre-s7
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • som3one1som3one1 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think the mission is pretty fun but right now its just pointless due to the broken marks.
    If you are reading this you have stopped reading my post and are now reading my signature.
  • imcguigaimcguiga Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    ah, so they did change it...i may just have to try it now...never really liked it much pre-s7

They are 2 different missions. There is The Vault, which is the old Vault mission using a shuttle. There is The Vault: Ensnared using your regular ship.

PS. Anyone have an update on this issue?
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Bump for more attention to this.

Fix it or this is yet another dead PvE event.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
    edited May 2014
    imcguiga wrote: »
    They are 2 different missions. There is The Vault, which is the old Vault mission using a shuttle. There is The Vault: Ensnared using your regular ship.

PS. Anyone have an update on this issue?

/facepalm..wow im am an idiot, completely forgot about there being separate missions...guess b/c the last time i played it was when it was first released, saw that it rewarded VERY little, even if the mission was fun...and stopped playing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I just did Vault Ensnared, and got 3 Romulan marks.... period.

I had already completed my daily. We got the optional, and I suppose that is what the 3 marks are for. Therefore, I assume I got zero marks from the mission itself.

I am playing a KDF aligned Romulan in a fleet Ar'Kif.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I got 3 marks only too. Was disapointed. I really enjoy that Mission.

Oh and also the Audio is bugged.

Instead of telling you how far the web progress is, Obisek is whaffling about stuff he tells you during the Vault Shuttle Storyline Mission... :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

edited May 2014
    Bump, please acknowledge.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Another bump for the dev's to respond(and'd we'll bump it EVERY DAY until you do)
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh and also the Audio is bugged.

Instead of telling you how far the web progress is, Obisek is whaffling about stuff he tells you during the Vault Shuttle Storyline Mission... :rolleyes:

Subtitles are bugged aswell ;)

Sometimes they are english, sometimes german or even french. (I'm in germany playing the game in english)
  • necriemoonnecriemoon Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ticket ID #2,475,506

Tossing my hat in on these bugs as well.
    I've done the mission twice now (post Season 9), once as my daily bonus, once without, and only been awarded 3 Romulan Marks each time for the mission reward. Both times, we saved all 10 Reman ships, defeated the named flagship, and saved the vault.
    Yet when opening the reward package, I only recieved 3 Romulan Marks.

As an addendum, the time when this was my bonus mission I got the 55 Mark box, but that's expected. The actual mission itself only rewarded 3 marks.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Posting to confirm again. I got a box of 3 marks and my daily bonus. My buddy got 3 marks and zilch.

Ticket ID #2,475,731.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    edited May 2014
    Still no acknowledgement?
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    Under investigation. Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks Frosty

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    the same problem happened to me while running the other mission, atmosphere assault. the mission took a good chunk of an hour, and rewarded only 3 marks.

you can probably realize how disappointing that was.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
This discussion has been closed.