test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

why is there no movie from Klingon POV

notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Ten Forward
There is too many, in fact all of the TV series and movies are from starfleet POV. However nothing from the POV of Klingons as of yet. It would be nice to see something like Klingon first contact with other races or conflicts. Kinda like watching cold war from soviet POV.
Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by notapwefan on

Comments

• Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited May 2014
    much as every Trekkie/Trekker loves to think that the rest of the world embraces Klingons and their ideologies, well, they don't. Klingons are something of an acquired taste. (ask any vampire cloud :P )

It really boils down to economics: how can TPTB consistently bring in new viewers to maintain numbers (lets face it, first generation Trekkies days are numbered) or even increase them? Until they feel they have a series concept that will be embraced by all, running a Klingon POV series is a risk.

YMMV.
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Klingons are pretty one dimensional in terms of character development. If you try to make an entire ship of Worfs, then nobody is Worf.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    bladewolf5bladewolf5 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Klingons are pretty one dimensional in terms of character development. If you try to make an entire ship of Worfs, then nobody is Worf.

Well, there are already a few star trek kickstarter's films out there, someone or you might consider getting such a short movie make. :D

Imaging around 10 short films are make each year, creating into a tv season yearly, that will be interesting.:o
  • Options
    xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Not everyone would be a Worf. I'm sure one of them has room for love interests in their life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    xigbarg wrote: »
    Not everyone would be a Worf. I'm sure one of them has room for love interests in their life.

Yeah. There could be a Worf-like guy, a Kor-like guy, a Duras-style cowardly traitor who everyone hates who gets gutted by a hero at some point, and a really hot badass K'Ehlyr-type woman who sleeps with the Worf-analogue after beating the tar out of a bunch of baddies.

It'd be fun.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What about the Tarol type who finds honor in doing her job well?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    What about the Tarol type who finds honor in doing her job well?

Oh, sure, if you want to miss out on the finer things of Klingon life, like blood, s*x, blood, opera, Shakespeare, epic poetry, blood, swords, fighting, and blood...

:D
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    notapwefan wrote: »
    There is too many, in fact all of the TV series and movies are from starfleet POV. However nothing from the POV of Klingons as of yet. It would be nice to see something like Klingon first contact with other races or conflicts. Kinda like watching cold war from soviet POV.

The tale of a simple targherder, orphaned and living with his aunt and uncle, with dreams of one day joining the Klingon Defense Force in its ongoing fight against the evil Federation...whose life and destiny is forever changed when a talkative Android and his companion crash land on his planet looking for a reclusive Dahar Master.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The tale of a simple targherder, orphaned and living with his aunt and uncle, with dreams of one day joining the Klingon Defense Force in its ongoing fight against the evil Federation...whose life and destiny is forever changed when a talkative Android and his companion crash land on his planet looking for a reclusive Dahar Master.

Heh, now THAT would be a SW ripoff that I'd actually WANT to see...
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Because Romulans are infinitely more interesting.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    Because Romulans are infinitely more interesting.

have to agree on this ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.