test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan Empie vs CIS (RP)

grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Ten Forward
In an effort to conquer the other the Confederacy of Independent Systems and the Romulan Empire have engaged in a deadly war. It is up to you to decide what the outcome may be.
Every weapon that each side has is at your disposal along with every commander and ship.

The game shall start with each faction having 500 starships.

Romulan ships:
300 D'deridex class.
100 Valdore class.
100 Schimitar class.
(All fighters included)

Confederacy ships:
100 Malovence class
300 Providence class
100 Munificent class
(All fighters included)

Ground:

Both factions shall have 50,000 soldiers at their disposal (you may choose which droid variations you want to have in your army, Romulan military personnel are either either Romulan soldiers or Remans).

Artillery:

Romulan:
Plasma cannon turrets (STO cannon)

Confederate:
J-1 semi autonomous proton cannon.

Ok here are the rules. Whoever wants to play shall choose a faction, either Romulan or Confederate.
Once you choose your side you shall select the amount of ships and troops you want to have (you cannot choose all 500 ships and 50,000 troops, you may only choose up to 20 ships and 500 troops per player and 5 pieces of artillery per player).

For attacking you must specifically state who you are attacking (use their forum display name and quote them) and the means by which you attack them. The person being attacked can defend themselves from the attack but ONLY if they write a response to the attacker saying that they defend within 7 posts (if X attacks Y and then three more people post before Y defends then Y is safe and can counterattack, however if X attacks Y and 8 people post before Y defends then Y is dead and half of his original forces are gone).

You can either attack another player in space or on the ground (each factions ship shall have the same ability to damage the other so nobody start up on the Star Wars can't damage Star Trek shields!) Also, when your attacking you must say what your attacking with. The same rules in space apply to those on ground.

If anybody has any questions about the game then feel free to ask me. New players can join any time they want. The game will end on the 20th page of this thread, no more, no less.

Start and enjoy!
say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
Post edited by grandnaguszek1 on

Comments

• Options
    stodatapiocardstodatapiocard Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Romulans for sure. Thaelaron generators vaporize every ship in range.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Romulans for sure. Thaelaron generators vaporize every ship in range.

Erm, Thalaron only effects living things. Battle Droids aren't living.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is Vice Admiral Trela of the Romulan Star Empire. I hereby take command of the Third Fleet. I will place my flag aboard the D'deridex-class I.R.W. R'kota.

Third Fleet
    - 5 Valdore-class Heavy Warbirds
    - 13 D'deridex-class Warbird Battlecruisers
    - 2 Scimitar-class Dreadnought Warbirds.
    - 100 Reman Shadow Guard
    - 300 Romulan offensive troops
    - 100 Romulan/Reman Tal Shiar commando units\
    - 5 plasma cannons

Homeworld: Ramek IV.

To all Romulan Star Empire captains. This is Admiral T'rela of the Third Fleet. Please reroute your personal ship to the Beta Thoridor sector as soon as possible. A wormhole has opened, which appears to have temporal capabilities. Scans are showing a large force of mechanized ships and units on the other side. For now, my fleet remains cloaked around Ramek IV, which is about 6 lightyears from the anomaly. I am requesting all available backup, on the authority of the Tal Shiar. End transmission.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ahem. 200 gigaton main guns on a troop transport, anyone?

Entire RSN fleet blown away in one volley. Surviving Romulan light infantry subsequently overrun by mechanized droid force using combined arms tactics. War over.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    kuntelkuntel Member Posts: 16,484 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    Ahem. 200 gigaton main guns on a troop transport, anyone?

Entire RSN fleet blown away in one volley. Surviving Romulan light infantry subsequently overrun by mechanized droid force using combined arms tactics. War over.
    Beaming tech to those stupid droid command ships take out infantry, thalaron to everything else because the command is organic. Also, Romulan cloaking tech, since there is nothing like it in the SW universe, no idea how to detect it. Same reasons why the Romulans would win against the Empire...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    kuntel wrote: »
    Beaming tech to those stupid droid command ships take out infantry, thalaron to everything else because the command is organic. Also, Romulan cloaking tech, since there is nothing like it in the SW universe, no idea how to detect it. Same reasons why the Romulans would win against the Empire...

Oh, here we go again.
    • Transporters don't work through shields and in fact get disrupted by any number of naturally occurring phenomena.
    • Yes, actually, SW does have cloaking devices, and tech to detect them. They're called CGT arrays, and they work by detecting the object's mass signature. Even a cloaked ship is still physically present. Also, Romulan warbirds have been detected without this using just the distortion of spacetime produced by their drive singularity (DS9: "Visionary"), and Star Wars ships most certainly have gravitic sensors because hyperdrive-on-gravity well interactions cause Bad Things (TM) to happen.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    kuntelkuntel Member Posts: 16,484 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh, here we go again.
    • Transporters don't work through shields and in fact get disrupted by any number of naturally occurring phenomena.
    • Yes, actually, SW does have cloaking devices, and tech to detect them. They're called CGT arrays, and they work by detecting the object's mass signature. Even a cloaked ship is still physically present. Also, Romulan warbirds have been detected without this using just the distortion of spacetime produced by their drive singularity (DS9: "Visionary"), and Star Wars ships most certainly have gravitic sensors because hyperdrive-on-gravity well interactions cause Bad Things (TM) to happen.
    Okay, makes sense. But from what I understand from my base knowledge of Romulan starships, when they are destroyed they make a big ole' singularity explosion. Now, if alot of these went off in vicinity to CIS fleet, would they not take more than a few ships with them? And you seemed to not mention the whole command structure still being organic and thalaron effecting organic materials so violently...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Okay, makes sense. But from what I understand from my base knowledge of Romulan starships, when they are destroyed they make a big ole' singularity explosion. Now, if alot of these went off in vicinity to CIS fleet, would they not take more than a few ships with them?
    Possibly. Depends on the strength of the blasts (remember, SW ships also withstand 200+ gigaton weapons fire).
    And you seemed to not mention the whole command structure still being organic and thalaron effecting organic materials so violently...

I admit to having had some trouble coming up with an answer for that one. I have no idea what effect SW defense tech would have on thalaron weapons, but I don't think it matters due to another issue: Charging time. The Scimitar needed several minutes to deploy its planet-killer. (STO chopped that down by roughly a factor of ten for gameplay reasons, just like they chopped down how long it takes the Tholians to build a web.) Plenty of time for the fleet to blow them out of space with conventional weapons.

Large-scale thalaron weapons actually aren't very practical. They're fine for depopulating a target that can't evade but they're not very useful battlefield weapons.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    edited May 2014
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    This is Vice Admiral Trela of the Romulan Star Empire. I hereby take command of the Third Fleet. I will place my flag aboard the D'deridex-class I.R.W. R'kota.

Third Fleet
    - 5 Valdore-class Heavy Warbirds
    - 13 D'deridex-class Warbird Battlecruisers
    - 2 Scimitar-class Dreadnought Warbirds.
    - 100 Reman Shadow Guard
    - 300 Romulan offensive troops
    - 100 Romulan/Reman Tal Shiar commando units\
    - 5 plasma cannons

Homeworld: Ramek IV.

To all Romulan Star Empire captains. This is Admiral T'rela of the Third Fleet. Please reroute your personal ship to the Beta Thoridor sector as soon as possible. A wormhole has opened, which appears to have temporal capabilities. Scans are showing a large force of mechanized ships and units on the other side. For now, my fleet remains cloaked around Ramek IV, which is about 6 lightyears from the anomaly. I am requesting all available backup, on the authority of the Tal Shiar. End transmission.

Grievous commanding.
    I choose 10 Malvolence class, 5 Munificent class and 5 Providence class.

I also choose 100 B1 battle droids, 200 BX commando droids, 100 super battle droids and 100 droidikas. Also 5 proton cannons.

I attack rahmkota with my fleet by disabling his shields with Malvolence class ion cannons and then fire at his hull.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I choose 100 Malvolence class, 300 Munificent class and 100 Providence class.

I also choose 100 B1 battle droids, 200 BX commando droids, 100 super battle droids and 100 droidikas. Also 5 proton cannons.

I attack rahmkota with my fleet by disabling his shields with Malvolence class ion cannons and then fire at his hull.

Zekkie, I'm not gonna return fire for now, because it seems you choose around 480 ships too much for yourself xD.

Once I see the edit, I'll edit this post to copy with the situation.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Sigh...

CIS.

This is Admiral Trench, I have experience fighting and detecting cloaked ships, not that it matters as we have ion cannons.

The Subjugator (not Malevolence) Classes activate their ion cannons, all Romulans ships stop working, battle droids kill them all.

Also thalaron does not work against droids.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Zekkie, I'm not gonna return fire for now, because it seems you choose around 480 ships too much for yourself xD.

Once I see the edit, I'll edit this post to copy with the situation.

Ok I fixed it, sorry about that.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Grievous commanding.
    I choose 10 Malvolence class, 5 Munificent class and 5 Providence class.

artan42 wrote: »
    Sigh...

CIS.

This is Admiral Trench, I have experience fighting and detecting cloaked ships, not that it matters as we have ion cannons.

The Subjugator (not Malevolence) Classes activate their ion cannons, all Romulans ships stop working, battle droids kill them all.

Also thalaron does not work against droids.

T'rela stood on the bridge of the R'kota. The loss of the Scimitar and the D'deridex class cruisers was hard. When the CIS boarded the disabled shields, they killed most of the crews, capturing the rest. All that she had managed to withdraw were the R'kota and 2 Valdores. She had managed to keep her Tal Shiar commandos alive.

An evil look entered her face though when she activated the self destruct on most of the Third Fleet. All Battledroids still aboard were completely destroyed. The explosion also blasted several CIS ships out of the skies.

The loss of Ramek IV would be avenged. For now, T'rela set a course with her cloaked ships for Romulus, on maximum warp. Defense of the homeworld would be a priority. Continuous broadcasts to call for help were send out. Now it was awaiting the Star Empires reply.

(Questions: is it OK that I allowed several ships to withdraw and blew up the rest? And is it possible for me to acquire reinforcements for the Seventh Fleet?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    T'rela stood on the bridge of the R'kota. The loss of the Scimitar and the D'deridex class cruisers was hard. When the CIS boarded the disabled shields, they killed most of the crews, capturing the rest. All that she had managed to withdraw were the R'kota and 2 Valdores. She had managed to keep her Tal Shiar commandos alive.

An evil look entered her face though when she activated the self destruct on most of the Third Fleet. All Battledroids still aboard were completely destroyed. The explosion also blasted several CIS ships out of the skies.

The loss of Ramek IV would be avenged. For now, T'rela set a course with her cloaked ships for Romulus, on maximum warp. Defense of the homeworld would be a priority. Continuous broadcasts to call for help were send out. Now it was awaiting the Star Empires reply.

(Questions: is it OK that I allowed several ships to withdraw and blew up the rest? And is it possible for me to acquire reinforcements for the Seventh Fleet?

Was your self destruct an attack? If so than I am allowed to defend.

And in response to your question you can withdraw and blow up your ships but you can only get more if there is another player on your side that is willing to give you reinforcements although it subtracts from his total number of ships.

And by the way you could have defended from my original attack being that you responded within seven posts.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    CIS fleet tracks T'rela's exit vector and calculates destination, then uses superior hyperdrive to do the FTL equivalent of a Lightspeed Leapfrog, arriving at Romulus days before any reinforcements called by T'rela can possibly arrive.

And because he's a bad guy, General Grievous issues an ultimatum to the Romulan high command: He will incinerate one major city from orbit every sixty seconds until either the Romulan Empire lays down arms, or until he runs out of cities and has to start hitting small towns. After the first sixty seconds he fires a several-hundred-gigaton-yield blast at the city of Chaladra.

Federation ambassador to Romulus protests and tries to mediate. Grievous shoots him for being annoying.

T'rela arrives at Romulus days later to discover a CIS warfleet in orbit, droid infantry and armor in the streets of Ki Baratan, and Romulus an occupied world.

See, this is the problem with any attempt to do Wars v. Trek. The Star Wars galaxy is well into Type II on the Kardashev scale. An individual heavy capital consumes more power when it jumps into hyperspace than some planetary civilizations do over their entire histories, and there are hundreds of thousands of them. The AQ/BQ superpowers don't even consistently rate a Type I. Second, Wars villains' natural state is to not give a flying **** about civilian casualties.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    edited May 2014
    CIS fleet tracks T'rela's exit vector and calculates destination, then uses superior hyperdrive to do the FTL equivalent of a Lightspeed Leapfrog, arriving at Romulus days before any reinforcements called by T'rela can possibly arrive.

And because he's a bad guy, General Grievous issues an ultimatum to the Romulan high command: He will incinerate one major city from orbit every sixty seconds until either the Romulan Empire lays down arms, or until he runs out of cities and has to start hitting small towns. After the first sixty seconds he fires a several-hundred-gigaton-yield blast at the city of Chaladra.

Federation ambassador to Romulus protests and tries to mediate. Grievous shoots him for being annoying.

T'rela arrives at Romulus days later to discover a CIS warfleet in orbit, droid infantry and armor in the streets of Ki Baratan, and Romulus an occupied world.

See, this is the problem with any attempt to do Wars v. Trek. The Star Wars galaxy is well into Type II on the Kardashev scale. An individual heavy capital consumes more power when it jumps into hyperspace than some planetary civilizations do over their entire histories, and there are hundreds of thousands of them. The AQ/BQ superpowers don't even consistently rate a Type I. Second, Wars villains' natural state is to not give a flying **** about civilian casualties.

I move my fleet to Romulos and send 100 BX commando droids and 50 super battle droids along with 5 proton cannons around the Romulon capital city setting up a perimeter defence.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    My CIS fleet waits a few years and comes back as the Galactic Empire, we add one Death Star...

Only to find out some damn supernova did our job for us :(.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    T'rela walks around the forest. Ever since the Supernova destroyed Romulus, she has been wandering the galaxy. Right now, the seven cloaked ships that remained are in orbit of Eriath VII, far from the anomaly. T'rela and her crew are stocking up supplies. No matter what political disaster strikes the Empire, T'rela shall defend it. At least, here she is safe.

OOC: I guess this thread is not progressing as expected? Instead of a game, it turned into a debate, and as for the game part, I am vastly outnumbered.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    T'rela walks around the forest. Ever since the Supernova destroyed Romulus, she has been wandering the galaxy. Right now, the seven cloaked ships that remained are in orbit of Eriath VII, far from the anomaly. T'rela and her crew are stocking up supplies. No matter what political disaster strikes the Empire, T'rela shall defend it. At least, here she is safe.

OOC: I guess this thread is not progressing as expected? Instead of a game, it turned into a debate, and as for the game part, I am vastly outnumbered.

Ok, I shall help you out a little.

As Count Dooku sits in his chair he receives a transmission from Darth Sidious saying that the leaders of the Confederacy are corrupt and has instructed Dooku to ally his forces with the Romulan Empire. I then send my fleet to join with rahmkota's and give him a Malvolence class dradnaught as a sigh of good faith.

(And also we are assuming that Romulos is still around as this game takes place right after Nemesis).

With that being said, I command my forces on the capital city to bombard and demolish it with proton cannons, thus ending the droid occupation starswordc put in the capital.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    With that being said, I command my forces on the capital city to bombard and demolish it with proton cannons, thus ending the droid occupation starswordc put in the capital.

Question: When did I say that I had evacuated the civilian population upon occupying the capital?

With friends like these, who needs General Grievous? :D
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Question: When did I say that I had evacuated the civilian population upon occupying the capital?

With superior tech and a sufficiently clever villain, the universe is doomed to being a slave army of Evil...
  • Options
    edited May 2014

As I recall didn't you occupy the capital with your droid army? Now since I had a small company of droids with proton cannons outside the city, they changed sides and fired the cannons into the city that you occupy.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    As I recall didn't you occupy the capital with your droid army? Now since I had a small company of droids with proton cannons outside the city, they changed sides and fired the cannons into the city that you occupy.

Yes, but I was thinking military occupation a la TRIBBLE Germany in Paris (or the Trade Federation on Naboo, more to the point), not "exterminate the civilians". Military checkpoints, curfews, etc. Ergo, you just blew away a whole bunch of Romulan civilians in your race to prove yourself a worthy ally to that same group. :rolleyes:
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Yes, but I was thinking military occupation a la TRIBBLE Germany in Paris (or the Trade Federation on Naboo, more to the point), not "exterminate the civilians". Military checkpoints, curfews, etc. Ergo, you just blew away a whole bunch of Romulan civilians in your race to prove yourself a worthy ally to that same group. :rolleyes:

Well..........sorry civilians (says is Weyoun voice).