test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

my second KDF

iktankatiktankat Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Klingon Discussion
I planned create my second KDF Char (the first my tactical is in 50 in raptor with 3 full rep and good equip)

My second... I was thinking in a class Engineer raze Joined Trill ship: BoP ( i never play a bop in high level)

What do you think people? what you can recommend me? Is good idea or really bad?

I apreaciate your comments

Qapla'
Post edited by iktankat on

Comments

• Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, if you want to play a BoP - you might want to go with a B'rel and make that Joined Trill a science officer. A while ago I made a thread asking for career recomendations for my new BoP char., and many people suggested going science with the B'rel BoP.

Ofcourse, take this with a grain of salt since I personally don't play and enjoy engineers a lot - I usually play tac. or science, so it's just my personal opinion.
    However, worth noting is that the Joined Trill species have racial traits that go very well with science, gaining many bonuses that boost certain science parameters.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    onehalfklingononehalfklingon Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ^^ I agree. Joined Trill is best as a Sci. Also, with Sci, you can run a torp heavy boat and use some of that weapons power in aux instead. Check out some torp build threads for more info on that.

If it's an engineer you want, all I can say is I really enjoy my Gorn engi. As far as endgame goes, I think I'd only go engi again if I primarily intended to play ground. For space, tac and Sci are more fun.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My tactical KDF toon has been flying BoPs since the very 1st ship. While BoPs are fun to fly, they are also fragile so dying frequently can be a way of life. However, I have to admit that my max level KDF toon only have basic equipment because I have not gone beyond the Wasteland story arc.

While I am working on advancing to Tier 3 of the Omega rep, I have not purchased any equipment yet. I will wait until I hit Tier 5 since overall I believe I am doing fine with basic equipment. I only have been dying at most 2 times in the Borg Elite STFs over the past month.

Although an Engineering toon will increase the survivability of a BoP, I am not sure that is the best class for the BoP because you would be limiting the offensive capabilities of the BoP. I think that Tactical and Science toons would be best for BoP since they have more damage dealing abilities than Engineers.

Engineers are good for making a tank build; my Fed is an engineer and I love flying the free T5 Sovereign class heavy cruiser. Cruisers are good for tank builds, but a "tanky" BoP is kinda of an oxymoron. It's best to focus on the offensive capabilities of a starship that has battle cloak / enhanced battle cloak; meaning BoPs.
  • Options
    iktankatiktankat Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thank you for your answer!!

I began a sci toon yesterday.

Now i need some advice. I am very interesting in some build for Bop torpedo.

Qapla'
  • Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Engineers are good for keeping power levels up due to trait abilities and engineering specialization. Therefore, running a B'Rel which has Enhanced Battle Cloak that begs you to run a projectile build to take advantage of what EBC does, would mean 1 of 4, probably 2 or 4 power levels would be unused or at minimum most of the time. Using engineering stuff to increase power in unused power systems would waste what an engineer can do. If you really want to run an engineer in a BOP, I reccomend getting a fleet Norgh if you can get it because it has 2 LCDR Universal BOFF stations where other BOPS have 2 LT uni stations. With the Norgh, you could use more skills and take advantage of the power levels you can acheive.