test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hot pursuit nukara web mines-doesn's work

mackermomomackermomo Member Posts: 247 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Academy
I tried searching the forms for a bug report, but didn't have any luck. Search told me too many words or too common.

Has anyone had any luck getting the nukara web mines to go after a target greater than 3 km away, assuming one is using the Hot Pursuit (acquisition range to 6km) trait?

I just finished Undine Infiltration and watched the mines just sit there 4-5 km from the planet killer. Other mines I tried on the same pve worked as expected. Thanks.
Post edited by mackermomo on

Comments

• edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As far as i know, the hot pursuit trait makes the mines to keep luring the target for more time, but the adquisition of the target is the same as always. Same distance.
  • midntwolfmidntwolf Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Description on the trait indicates doubles the range so the OP is correct that it SHOULD give them a 6km engagement range. Now if it is working correctly and matching the trait description or not well that is always up in the air.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    As far as i know, the hot pursuit trait makes the mines to keep luring the target for more time, but the adquisition of the target is the same as always. Same distance.

From: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3031043-season-8-dev-blog-_43

Hot Pursuit
    Mines become even deadlier under your expert handling, as you are able to double their effective target-finding range. This makes them far more likely to seek out enemy targets and deliver their payload.

All of your Mines have their pursuit distance doubled.

If they don't seek at 6km for the Nukara mines, and I'd check also the quantum tethered ones also, then it's bugged.

I do use this trait and the mines, will probably switch the trait if I confirm it's bugged.
  • fcsp1910fcsp1910 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Using the trait and the Nukara Mines myself. Haven't spotted any difference to other mines in use as well. But I'll check that later on again and keep ya posted...
    edited May 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    From: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3031043-season-8-dev-blog-_43

Hot Pursuit
    Mines become even deadlier under your expert handling, as you are able to double their effective target-finding range. This makes them far more likely to seek out enemy targets and deliver their payload.

All of your Mines have their pursuit distance doubled.

If they don't seek at 6km for the Nukara mines, and I'd check also the quantum tethered ones also, then it's bugged.

I do use this trait and the mines, will probably switch the trait if I confirm it's bugged.

Ok, then this trait is bugged since S8.5 i guess (or before). I never understood very well how it worked, but i have this trait since months ago and i never saw the mines to go for the target sooner or from more distance than the regular mines before i had that trait.
  • neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nukara and transphasic mines seem to work for me, though i thought it was within 5km instead of 6. I likely won't have a chance to check it again until monday though.
  • fcsp1910fcsp1910 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ahoy!

Just did a test run on Infected Space Elite...bit of mixed bag in terms of results

Well works somehow between 3 and 5km distance. Used Dispersal Pattern Beta 3 and aimed for stationary targets. The mines were homing in nicely

Everything above 5km distance...no score with the Nukara ones. From the DSP3 spread of the Quantum ones some go for the target, some remain stationary depending on spread and angle to the target.

BUT...thanks to the new Omega Kinetic Shearing they really do some nice damage now!! Had a very bad run yesterday on an ISE and died whopping 5 times mainly because I've blown myself to smithereens ;-)

Not a good idea to be close around cloaked without shields when 4 purple Trico MK XII mines hit their targets. Still scored a good 9k DPS (no Spire consoles) with my Torp/Mine Bomber there...
    edited May 2014
    neomodious wrote: »
    Nukara and transphasic mines seem to work for me, though i thought it was within 5km instead of 6. I likely won't have a chance to check it again until monday though.

I use transphasic mines and i noticed in the last few matches it works. At least using disperal pattern 3. Using the other mine pattern i cant remember (the one that deploys 3 mines and then 3 again in a row) it doesnt seem to work. But only SOMETIMES. I really dont have it very clear..
  • mackermomomackermomo Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for all the help guys.

I can tell you that the new Undine mines really work well with the Hot Pursuit trait in any situation. I haven't tried the shear trait, but glad to hear that's working well.

I'll also experiment with the Tholian Web Mines today and see if things are any better. I had been playing quite a while yesterday without a restart. Sometimes the game gets buggy after being on for many hours.
  • mackermomomackermomo Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The Tholian mines appear to be working today. Just tried them on a Foundry farm mission. They were acquiring at close range with no problems. Might have just been a game bug I experienced after playing for a very long time.
    edited May 2014
    Transphasic mines were working amazingly today as well. I was deploying mines at 5-6 kmg away from the target and still they kept going after those TRIBBLE lol.

What i dont like is the transphasic cluster since 1-2 months ago. It has become almost useless, sigh. Wth cryptic did on it... sigh.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    So just to confirm, the trait works fine with the nukara and quantum tethered mines?