test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Once again...

baloqbaloq Member Posts: 49 Arc User
I ask this again since it was disappeared after the last time I asked it;

Am I the only one who can't stay connected to the bloody server for longer than five minutes at a time for the past four days? I can't even take care of my DoFFs in that amount of time, and I have to redo half of them every time I get dumped. Oh, and forget playing any kind of mission.

Between the nerfed Reputation system, graphics bugs, and now this, to say that I'm a tad miffed would almost be funny.

Almost.
The reputation system got nerfed to prevent "power creep"; it's called an investment in time and money, and I think I should get a little something for my time and money like being able to stomp the TRIBBLE out of a new guy since I've been playing for three years now! :D
Post edited by baloq on

Comments

• centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There have been a few disconnection's since the season has gone up, but it hasn't been severe for me.
  • baloqbaloq Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I get 5 minutes.....6 tops.

If I'm playing a mission, I'll find that everything stops and the little red "Server Not Responding" timer has appeared in my HUD. Then, when it reaches anywhere twixt 2 and 4 minutes, I get dumped.

I'm starting to have hostile thoughts towards the company.....
    The reputation system got nerfed to prevent "power creep"; it's called an investment in time and money, and I think I should get a little something for my time and money like being able to stomp the TRIBBLE out of a new guy since I've been playing for three years now! :D
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Some days I have no problems at all; others (like tonight) I've had severe lag, rubberbanding and (dis)connection issues.
  • admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Mine has been far better in the past few weeks. Sometimes I get DCed just before the character select screen, but once I get past that all is fine for me.
  • razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,185 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I was also having the problem since the patch on the 24th. However, a friend of mine suggested that I uninstall, and reinstall it. I did that, but was not able to do it through ARC. For some reason, ARC is still not working right with Windows 8.1 so you might need to go through Steam, or some other way of getting it.

Since it was reinstalled, without ARC, it has been working great.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • gosabresgosabres Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    baloq wrote: »
    I ask this again since it was disappeared after the last time I asked it;

Am I the only one who can't stay connected to the bloody server for longer than five minutes at a time for the past four days? I can't even take care of my DoFFs in that amount of time, and I have to redo half of them every time I get dumped. Oh, and forget playing any kind of mission.

Between the nerfed Reputation system, graphics bugs, and now this, to say that I'm a tad miffed would almost be funny.

Almost.

You might be better off posting in the PC/Technical forum, since the issue appears to be more with your local system and/or its network route to the servers, than the servers. If it were the latter, there would be a lot more people with the issue.

I've not had a connectivity issue, but I'm also not running the ARC launcher.
  • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    you don't have charter do you, I have it, been dropped from net 30+ times in the week my family got it.
  • captainmarvelushcaptainmarvelush Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    captz1pp wrote: »
    you don't have charter do you, I have it, been dropped from net 30+ times in the week my family got it.

I have Charter and have had it for about 18 months. I've never had any real problems with my service before. But, I am getting the red "Server Not Responding" quite a lot myself the last month or so. And it started before Seaon Nine.
    Captain of the Thunder and the Lightning

46cq7exrnlgb.jpg
  • sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I had it, turned off on demand patching and Force Verified the whole data. after that it went okay. But took very long. and had a forced re-spec as it said data was corrupted.
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I get lag with the exchange, when I buy something it takes a good 30 - 45 seconds to show up in my inventory.

I get a massive FPS drop suddenly on ground battle zone maps. Space battle zones my ships weapon fire does not show if it gets busy.

Apart from those, I've been running fine for a while. I have always kept the "On Demand" patching turned off (I hate it) and I make sure to close anything that may use my internet in the background apart from Teamspeak 3.

I use a 40MB connection through Sky / BT in the UK.